• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

PANIC BUTTON FIRE OZZIE AND HARBAUGH MOCK DRAFT

RayRayRaven

Veteran
good with movin on from the ozzie era. jus don't think hes the guy to take us into the next phase.
if bisciotti isn't planning for the transition we are gonna suffer for it cuz you gotta recognize you've slipped in order to get better. the getting better don't occur until the cold hard facts are owned up to.
harball will have 10 yrs in after this year. that's good for any head coach. might as well bring in the new GM and let him pick his Head Coach and qb of the futre. that's where we need to go.
want sam darnold. hes the holy grail.

Last edited:

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
say were picking around 8-10, we have the choice of trading up 2-3 spots for barkley, or trading back 4-6 spots and picking up a second, im taking the latter. if we could land one of the OT prospects like conor williams or mcglinchey, or land quenton nelson in the mid teens, then im taking that, and hoping to get anthony miller and a qb like luke falk or clayton thorson in the second, the outlook for the future of this team would be beautiful at that point if guys stay healthy and the qb develops into something good. third round, im hoping to land a guy like troy fumagalli who is an incredibly talented TE who doesnt seem to get any hype, or hoping that one of the better RBs fall to the third like bo scarbrough or royce freeman.
It seems when we trade back we always get a 4th round nothing else. Remember
When we kept trading back and picked up kc instead of getting noah spence? If someone gave up a 2nd to move up 4 spots, it means someone great is on the board and I want them.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
By the way @JoeyFlex5 I know your right on all of this trading stuff. It's just the frustrated fan in me not having any playMakers lol. Gems are a lot harder to get with league scouting improving. The only good players that fall have off the field issues and Ozzie refuses to touch them. We will never get good again unless get some tough crazy guys back here. That's what we are about im tired of this "high moter, good attitude" shit. I want a guy who can play ball

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
By the way @JoeyFlex5 I know your right on all of this trading stuff. It's just the frustrated fan in me not having any playMakers lol. Gems are a lot harder to get with league scouting improving. The only good players that fall have off the field issues and Ozzie refuses to touch them. We will never get good again unless get some tough crazy guys back here. That's what we are about im tired of this "high moter, good attitude" shit. I want a guy who can play ball
I actually think we have lot more playmakers on the team than it looks like. All they need is complete coaching overhaul.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
It seems when we trade back we always get a 4th round nothing else. Remember
When we kept trading back and picked up kc instead of getting noah spence? If someone gave up a 2nd to move up 4 spots, it means someone great is on the board and I want them.
but thats because nobody has been willing to move up to our first round picks, which would net a second rounder. were making very minor trade backs in the second round which nets later picks.

which is why i said "if we can move back in the first and grab an extra second"

regardless of how you may personally feel about it, selling the house for one player has too much risk tied to it. imagine we trade up next year, we offer our 2nd and 3rd to move up for saquon barkley, then in our original 2nd round spot someone like anthony miller is there, or josh rosen falls because some teams think hes too full of himself, or clayton thorson, or some great talent inexplicably falling and we miss out because we wanted barkley. then in the third, a falling talent like luke falk or troy fumagalli or billy price or royce freeman or bo scarbrough, again we miss out for a trade up.

and then barkley gets hurt in training camp.

all hypothetical, but it happens, look at bob griffin, look at ricky williams, you simply dont mortgage the future for a single player unless that is the only thing you need. if we had a stacked OL and a qb and depth across the board, then absolutely, but we dont have a roster that can suppport that kind of move, we would spiral into the basement almost immediately because we have no way to fill holes and add depth.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
and yeah i can agree, i was ecstatic about tim williams, but aside from noah spence i dont really see guys that we passed on for character issues exclusively, and i also think spence was overrated. a lot of those guys arent as great as theyre hyped to be, like tunsil was also an injury and talent concern, biiiig project who had never blocked on an island in his life, never had to block for more than 3 seconds, etc.

now say marcus peters was available in 15, and we passed on him, thats one id have an issue with. but i legit dont see any guys we flat out passed on for character concerns aside from spence who was just an above average talent to begin with.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
and yeah i can agree, i was ecstatic about tim williams, but aside from noah spence i dont really see guys that we passed on for character issues exclusively, and i also think spence was overrated. a lot of those guys arent as great as theyre hyped to be, like tunsil was also an injury and talent concern, biiiig project who had never blocked on an island in his life, never had to block for more than 3 seconds, etc.

now say marcus peters was available in 15, and we passed on him, thats one id have an issue with. but i legit dont see any guys we flat out passed on for character concerns aside from spence who was just an above average talent to begin with.

and the whispers were that we really wanted dalvin cook in the 2nd round this year until the vikings traded up for him - and we took timmy this year, and alex lewis...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
and the whispers were that we really wanted dalvin cook in the 2nd round this year until the vikings traded up for him - and we took timmy this year, and alex lewis...
I can't see that, I mean we really wanted a stud rb this year and the value was undeniable to get him in the mid 2nd, but he had dv and multiple other bonehead incidents, personally I thought the kid was too troubled and I even liked him better than fournette as a player.