• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Win, The Penalties and Everything Else

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That was nearly a classic snatch defeat from the jaws of victory type game.

Not many ways to be less enthused about a win.

1. Lamar looks completely off - his mechanics, his reads, his timing, his confidence. The only thing that looks just as good are his legs.
  2. Offensive Line was a mess again - Tyre Phillips didnt finish the game due to injury but it might honestly have been a mercy benching. Would not be surprised if he lost his starting spot.
  3. The penalties were unacceptable and so many were those pre-snap ridiculous variety.
  4. Boykin cannot be trusted whatsoever and Snead made a big play and then nearly fumbled it away too. Duvernay is about the only positive in our receiving corps so far outside of Hollywood and he's not getting any play. In high leverage situations it's still boykin. It doesn't even matter if Lamar's getting it wrong on all those miscommunications because it's happening only with boykin and not with anyone else.
  5. Defence was lights out until it wasn't
  6. Calais Campbell had his coming out game then disappeared when it mattered most
  7. We went from completely dominant on defence to swiss cheese in the space of about 2 minutes.
and that's just the players let alone the coaching.

Thank god for the bye week because there's a ton of stuff to fix.

And a lot of self-evaluation to do.

This performance was unacceptable and empty platitudes that we'll get there aren't enough.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
The NFL has got to fire the officiating crew asap.
Involve Proche and Duvernay more into our offense.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i cant even read too much into this regarding the defense, that was flukey as shit, peters pissed me off a few times but that PI at the end was not on him it was a bullshit call. lots of fluke completions and the kind of shit you just rarely see play out, lots of referee bailouts. i think this game should speak volumes about anthony averetts progression, he was excellent early in this game and after his injury our defense really began to take a shit. im becoming more comfortable by the week with elliott as the starter, tyus bowser is the best edge defender on the team by far and id like to see a chuck clark-like extension to him before he prices himself out of here.

Lets not forget about the dropped passes again. We have to be leading the NFL in dropped passes. Offense is just bad at this point, reminds me of 2013, where the offensive line was awful and the passing game was stagnant.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i cant even read too much into this regarding the defense, that was flukey as shit, peters pissed me off a few times but that PI at the end was not on him it was a bullshit call. lots of fluke completions and the kind of shit you just rarely see play out, lots of referee bailouts. i think this game should speak volumes about anthony averetts progression, he was excellent early in this game and after his injury our defense really began to take a shit. im becoming more comfortable by the week with elliott as the starter, tyus bowser is the best edge defender on the team by far and id like to see a chuck clark-like extension to him before he prices himself out of here.
what was his injury?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
With the running game not really getting to the 2nd and 3rd level, the blocking ability of boykin becomes less and less important because those plays aren't getting there

if, for whatever reason, he's not going to be part of this passing game, then we need to plug someone else in there - be that duvernay, a trade or god forbid even chris bloody moore lol

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is Lamar hurt ? He looks terrible.

The offensive line was horrendous.

The team needs to revamp the offense over the break or we can call this another one and done playoff year .

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Roman is doing classic Roman. Not evolving the offense and year two totally sucking it up.

Lamar definitely looks less confident then last year. He's to hesitant to throw at times. He also goes back unnecessary distance at times when rushed out of the pocket. And what's up with him side throwing the ball so much?