• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Weather and The Injuries

Simba

Staff Member
Because I just saw a clip on Twitter and it reminded me... I thought DeShon Elliott had a terrible game last night. He really seemed to be coming on in recent weeks, but last night was a rough one. Not much discipline.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Because I just saw a clip on Twitter and it reminded me... I thought DeShon Elliott had a terrible game last night. He really seemed to be coming on in recent weeks, but last night was a rough one. Not much discipline.
The whole defense minus Marcus and Marlon just looked absolutely lost. It was horrendous

rossihunter2

Staff Member

the whole LB corps in general too - overrunning gaps, taking themselves out of plays, not keeping contain

and the gameplan by the Pats (and the weather) kept some of our most impactful players completely out of the game - we saw Justin Ellis on the field for 81% of the snaps (47) while Yannick Ngakoue only had 25, Tyus Bowser only had 12 (which is ridiculous - but he also didnt have many against the Colts either - i hate that it seems like he's lost most of the snaps that Ngakoue has taken)

Simba

Staff Member
the whole LB corps in general too - overrunning gaps, taking themselves out of plays, not keeping contain

and the gameplan by the Pats (and the weather) kept some of our most impactful players completely out of the game - we saw Justin Ellis on the field for 81% of the snaps (47) while Yannick Ngakoue only had 25, Tyus Bowser only had 12 (which is ridiculous - but he also didnt have many against the Colts either - i hate that it seems like he's lost most of the snaps that Ngakoue has taken)

Agreed. I saw Malik Harrison completely blow up a play early on and felt good, and then it was all downhill from there. He started struggling, and Queen's struggles last night are well documented. Honestly surprised Board isn't getting more run there because he's had some solid plays in limited time this year.

But last night was tough for pass rushers. They showed their intent to run and we still couldn't stop it for 3 quarters.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
After giving it some thought, I think Harbs came across evidence of collusion between Belicheck, the football gods, and Mother Nature. This is why I think he gave them the win just so they can move lower in the draft. True visionary that Harbaugh is. Playing 5 dimensional chess, you love to see it.

In all seriousness, it's funny how Patriots fans are running their mouth about Lamar being a trash QB and "hE's jUsT a rB" despite the fact that he has a better TD/INT ratio than their QB. I mean 3TDs to 7 INTs?! Are you kidding me with this bullshit?!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
After giving it some thought, I think Harbs came across evidence of collusion between Belicheck, the football gods, and Mother Nature. This is why I think he gave them the win just so they can move lower in the draft. True visionary that Harbaugh is. Playing 5 dimensional chess, you love to see it.

In all seriousness, it's funny how Patriots fans are running their mouth about Lamar being a trash QB and "hE's jUsT a rB" despite the fact that he has a better TD/INT ratio than their QB. I mean 3TDs to 7 INTs?! Are you kidding me with this bullshit?!

he also put up the 2nd best yard total and 4th best completion percentage of the year against them despite the weather

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
he also put up the 2nd best yard total and 4th best completion percentage of the year against them despite the weather
Correct me if I'm wrong, but was one of the critiques against Lamar is that he couldn't play well in bad weather? Maybe I'm thinking of a different QB but I dunno.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean I don't think Tennessee is a top contender, and New England certainly isn't either. KC is a whole other beast.

Beating Tennessee with the same personnel we had last night will be extremely challenging, mostly because it plays right into the strength of what Tennessee what's to do. They play physical up front, run the ball, and run play action.

When you don't have BWill, or Campbell, or Fort, and you can't stop the run, Tennessee can look like the best team in the league.

The only saving grace is I expect our offense to play better and score more points. I actually envision some what of a shootout.

Based upon the offensive inconsistencies, I don't see that happening. What makes you envision a shootout vs the Titans?

Last edited:

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Yes, the same Steelers team that basically took pretty close to our best punch and still beat us in our building. I'm certainly not expecting to go to Pittsburgh in 10 days and run for 250 yards again or whatever it was.

I think the point is that this team clearly came into the season with SB aspirations, and it would be extremely difficult, bordering on impossible, to come up with any compelling argument on why we're SB contenders today. That could change, but nothing has been show on the football field that indicates that.

We've played two very good football teams this year, and we defeated neither of them. One we got the doors blown off of us in a highly non-competitive game, and the other we actually played really well but were beaten by poor decision making and bad QB play (sounds familiar from Tennessee in the postseason).

In reality, the regular season doesn't even matter that much for this team. We're good enough to be a playoff team. That everybody has known since last January. Its about whether this team, as assembled, can line-up in the postseason and beat good teams. So far that answer is no, because we haven't proven that.

Are we the Jaguars? No. But going 10-6 or 11-5, only to get bounced out of the playoffs in the first round by a better team, isn't really that great of a season for a team with these levels of expectations.

The part in the bold is the only thing i'm focusing on which is when you said "that could change". The Ravens have face tough times and adversity before and made due. They have a great head coach and great general manager. I'm not really worried about The Ravens ability to prove doubters wrong. If anything I think losing like this just makes the team better or overall helps Lamar Jackson in his journey of becoming a better quarterback/leader of the team. I don't see how Ravens fans been following this team since 2008 and not understand it's all about the journey. This team may have had Super Bowl aspirations but that stuff was started by the media and Ravens just jumped on the band wagon but regardless of that we really need to chill on the negativity for a team that's only 6-3. We don't know what the feature holds and I'm not pushing the panic button right now.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Based upon the offensive inconsistencies, I don't see that happening. What makes you envision a shoutout vs the Titans?
Well Tennessee's defense is not that good, and they've given up a bunch of points to teams that are far more inept on offense than us.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well Tennessee's defense is not that good, and they've given up a bunch of points to teams that are far more inept on offense than us.

:lol: We are definitely inept that is for sure @rmcjacket23.

I have no confidence in this offense whatsoever. None! That's not emotionalism from this fan; that's based upon previous performances. The Ravens offense has given us a body of work of 9 games now. I'm not blind! None of us are! Now, I know we've been playing musical chairs with the O-line since Yanda's retirement and Stanley's injury and now Boyle is out and Skura's cut hand etc. And, defensively we lost Calais, Williams and Fort that last game. That's tough to overcome. I get it! But, where is this Ravens passing game for a shootout gonna come from (all of a sudden) when we haven't been seeing it so far? Boykins? Hollywood? Snead? Andrews? IDK my man! Help a brotha out with this one! :cool:

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
:lol: We are definitely inept that is for sure @rmcjacket23.

I have no confidence in this offense whatsoever. None! That's not emotionalism from this fan; that's based upon previous performances. The Ravens offense has given us a body of work of 9 games now. I'm not blind! None of us are! Now, I know we've been playing musical chairs with the O-line since Yanda's retirement and Stanley's injury and now Boyle is out and Skura's cut hand etc. And, defensively we lost Calais, Williams and Fort that last game. That's tough to overcome. I get it! But, where is this Ravens passing game for a shootout gonna come from (all of a sudden) when we haven't been seeing it so far? Boykins? Hollywood? Snead? Andrews? IDK my man! Help a brotha out with this one! :cool:

I am more interested more than anything in Lamar's evolution as a thrower if nothing else. If the last 2 weeks are any indication of what is going on with him, he may go for 300 plus yards in the air against them. The question is, if we can't run the ball because of all the injuries (excluding Lamar) then what will Greg now do with his WR's that he appears to only send deep?