• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

PurplePittaBread Mock Draft

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I would like to start this off by encouraging you all to make your own mock draft threads and to update them every few weeks. I think it would be cool to track the progress. Also, when I get 1 pick right out of my 100 tries, I can brag. Enjoy.

Round one: Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama.
I don't think a lot of people will like this pick, but I am trying to keep this draft very realistic. I think we will most likely draft right around the 15-18 range. I think Quenton Nelson will be long gone by then, and same goes for Christian Kirk. Ridley is fast and shifty and something that we could really use. I feel almost lazy comparing him to Amari Cooper, but I really see it. This guy has hands and isn't blazing, isn't big, but he gets open and is shifty enough to excel in the NFL. His main pro: He is incredible with the ball in his hands, there is always a chance for a big play. I would personally love this pick.

Round 2: Luke Falk, QB, Washington State.
It is time. This guy would be an incredible snag in the second round. Even if he were to never start a game, I would like this pick. He is a very high reward and very low risk. He would sit the bench for atleast a year, maybe two, as he could use some time in a NFL weight room (listed around anywhere from 210-225) Great guy to take over for Flacco in time and to light a fire under his ass. I have been studying many qb's in the last week, and I think this guy could be really good for us. He really reminds me of Derek Carr. He doesn't have a cannon of an arm, but there isn't another trait he is close to lacking off. He is known as a very intelligent guy, and that is something we could use. Any other QB draft class he would go top half of the first round. I think that cannon of an arm is overrated, especially when combined with smarts and accuracy. Flacco may be able to chuck it 80 yards, but I am more interested in preparing a guy who can hit a slant.

Round 3: Caleb Wilson, TE, UCLA
A guy who should be a late first rounder will likely drop due to a foot injury that ended his senior season very early. Great separation and really good at finding those open spots again zone. We need a new tight end, and he could be an awesome fix for this offense.

Round 4: Gaurd, anyone, who cares. After Nelson, there is a massive drop out of talent. I think we take a guy here.

Round 5: Myles Gaskin, Rb, Washington.
I just like this guy, he could be Buck Allen who doesn't trip on his own feet.