• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Article Another Week, More of the Same Old, Same Old From Our 2017 Baltimore Ravens

I agree. Until Harbaugh loses the locker room, he won't be fired. I do believe that Marty will be fired, duh, and Pees will possibly be fired as well. He will be placed on the hot seat immediately.
Oh Pees is absolutely under the microscope right now and I personally believe that these next few games he will be coaching for his job.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I don’t know, under Harbaugh watch there just has been a lot of people like that here. One guy to keep that comes to mind is Jameel McClain but it’s just that there are so few guys who act in that manor here.
Bernard Pollard, Ed Reed come to mind.

Bernard Pollard, Ed Reed come to mind.
Oh yeah totally forgot about Pollard and Reed but I think that could've turned into something worse, If I can recall I think the media praised Harbaugh for how he handled the situation.

Edit: I did hear though a while back that Pollard took a shot at Harbaugh and looking at the tweet Pollard made, it was definitely a shot at Harbaugh. Basically he said that since Ray, Ed, and other Ravens vets have left, the team will never be the same in terms of leadership and heart and that now Harbaugh will have to actually coach. Kinda what it looks like right now since this team no longer wins games it needs to nor do they seem to have any sort of stability on defense.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Interesting... Yeah, not really surprised wth Asomugha eating in the car with how bad Castillo was for that defense. Him and Jim Washburn really managed to mess up the dream team badly.

I think Jackson would be doing that here in Baltimore this season or in 2015. He just seems like that type of person.
That was so fun to watch. The imploding of the dream team.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Oh yeah totally forgot about Pollard and Reed but I think that could've turned into something worse, If I can recall I think the media praised Harbaugh for how he handled the situation.

Edit: I did hear though a while back that Pollard took a shot at Harbaugh and looking at the tweet Pollard made, it was definitely a shot at Harbaugh. Basically he said that since Ray, Ed, and other Ravens vets have left, the team will never be the same in terms of leadership and heart and that now Harbaugh will have to actually coach. Kinda what it looks like right now since this team no longer wins games it needs to nor do they seem to have any sort of stability on defense.
It wasn't just that situation, though. Didn't Ed Reed take shots at Flacco before one of the Patriots playoff games and then Joe responded by being better than Brady? I think Harbaugh kinda understood Ed was in his own world and would say what he wanted no matter what, but when he was a FA, there were reports that Harbaugh wanted him about as a much as a root canal. And with Pollard, he was cut one year after signing a one year extension and I can guarantee it wasn't due to poor performance. He was just way too outspoken and I bet he was like that in the locker room.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
That was so fun to watch. The imploding of the dream team.
To be honest, I don't know why anyone thought that defense would work. The wide-9 Jim Washburn wanted put way too much strain on the linebackers in run defense and the secondary was playing so much zone when you have Nnamdi, DRC, and Samuel. Just put them into man and have them go toe to toe.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
To be honest, I don't know why anyone thought that defense would work. The wide-9 Jim Washburn wanted put way too much strain on the linebackers in run defense and the secondary was playing so much zone when you have Nnamdi, DRC, and Samuel. Just put them into man and have them go toe to toe.
I never thought it would work. Nnamdi asomgia (sp) was the worst fit of the all. You can’t buy a super bowl team. This isn’t fantasy football or madden and they should have known that by watching Dan Snyder all those years. Shame on them.