• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2021 Senior Bowl

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I know he's been good in year 1 with the panthers and im seeing all sorts of praise all over twitter but my word is Matt Rhule a grade A douchebag who loves the sound of his own voice lol - being a real hardass - like i get that that's his style but i would hate to be coached by him - dude's treating these guys like kids (and i get that these guys have just left college but he's complaining to them about the way they're responding to him but he's treating them like their kids and not adults so of course some of them are then gonna respond like kids)

like he had some nice teaching moments with individual guys which was cool but then a minute later he pulls the whole team together to bring up that teaching point to the whole team as if they've all been doing it - then pulls out the we're giving you this coaching, we didnt have to give you this coaching so you should take it

it's just in stark contrast to the way the dolphins have been coaching the last 2 days - the way they hold themselves, the way they talk to the players - just felt like they had the respect of the players without pulling weird stunts (i mean like at one point during a drill rhule completely flipped the field unnecessarily - and seemingly surprising his own coaches too, and at another point literally pulled the entire roster into a huddle just to tell them all off)

idk maybe im wrong - seems like most of twitter and the entire analyst team were head over heels about Matt Rhule there - but it felt a lot like a college coach teaching college kids not a NFL coach running a senior bowl team

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just did some tape study on d'wayne eskridge - i think he's probably about to blow up the senior bowl and rise up a ton of draft boards

but on top of that look at how nasty he is - a thread of a 5'9 WR blocking lol...

but this one is the best one - literally blocks the corner into the ref out the back of the endzone

he's been the biggest surprise for me so far - i really like him

Damn. That's the type of fire we saw in SSS.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It's really easy to see Gerald Alexander as a DC or HC in the future - such a good teacher, communicator and calling plays at the senior bowl on defence - players seem to have completely bought into him

and it looks good on Brian Flores not micromanaging and stepping back and letting his position guys work

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Sage Suratt's reps... Throw my head through a window.

what's worse is he decided to sit out thursday and the game lol...

and ive never understood the hype on him - like i cannot believe there are/were people suggesting he's a day 2 pick - he's a big, slow receiver who doesn't play big and doesn't run good routes and doesn't dominate the catch-point... well what does he do???

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Demetric Felton is a fkn ELITE route runner, holy shit I’m blown away, his catching was suspect in his senior bowl reps, but WOW he is a stupidly good route runner with an acceleration to capitalize so easily.

He hard commits his entire body to every fake and his feet are blurs on the screen, and he BURSTS out of every cut, he looks like a frustrating little mf to try to cover 1 on 1.

now this is just his senior bowl reps I’m talking about lol, but if you’re in the senior bowl and don’t look dominant then you won’t do much in the nfl IMO, so after that dominant route running I’m gonna be watching some film on him

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
what's worse is he decided to sit out thursday and the game lol...

and ive never understood the hype on him - like i cannot believe there are/were people suggesting he's a day 2 pick - he's a big, slow receiver who doesn't play big and doesn't run good routes and doesn't dominate the catch-point... well what does he do???
Yeah, never understood the hype. Looks a whole lot like jaelen strong

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Demetric Felton is a fkn ELITE route runner, holy shit I’m blown away, his catching was suspect in his senior bowl reps, but WOW he is a stupidly good route runner with an acceleration to capitalize so easily.

He hard commits his entire body to every fake and his feet are blurs on the screen, and he BURSTS out of every cut, he looks like a frustrating little mf to try to cover 1 on 1.

now this is just his senior bowl reps I’m talking about lol, but if you’re in the senior bowl and don’t look dominant then you won’t do much in the nfl IMO, so after that dominant route running I’m gonna be watching some film on him

Had a great senior bowl showing off his route running in the WR drill – some really sharp routes – really set-up his routes and sold them in all the 1v1s – created a ton of separation running routes – nice and nuanced beating guys 1v1 – was less of a dynamic threat in full-team drills and during the actual senior bowl but shows a savvy to his route running that’s unexpected given the transition

There’s still a lot of wasted movement though in his routes but he showed a much more efficient hip sink to break at the senior bowl than on his tape

i guess the thing is that it's very different beating guys in 1v1s and beating guys out of the slot on tape which there really isnt a ton of