• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Article Scouting Report: Quenton Nelson

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Like McGlinchey and Williams, but Nelson much more than both. That being said, having either tackle would allow us to swing one over if Stanley ever goes down.
Oh I absolutely agree with that. Just wanted to say if we want a new RT, McGlinchey is my guy all the way.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Oh I absolutely agree with that. Just wanted to say if we want a new RT, McGlinchey is my guy all the way.
Yeah, having McGlinchey, who was a teammate of Stanley’s would be cool. Like how he decided to stay in school even after getting a first round grade, just because he thought he wasn’t ready. That’s a sign of maturity.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Yeah, having McGlinchey, who was a teammate of Stanley’s would be cool. Like how he decided to stay in school even after getting a first round grade, just because he thought he wasn’t ready. That’s a sign of maturity.
100%. It's one thing that jumps out with this guy: he's very smart and humble. He just knows how the game goes and he knows how to get better.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
100%. It's one thing that jumps out with this guy: he's very smart and humble. He just knows how the game goes and he knows how to get better.
It’s these types of players that are great leaders. Not necessarily vocally, but showing that they are coachable and willing to do the work. It’s helpful to the younger players that get drafted in future years.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Notre Dame guard Quenton Nelson would be significant upgrade. Some scouts call @BigQ56 one of best college interior OL they've ever seen, and I agree. There are good options at #16 at other positions, but Nelson would be a solid choice too.

If he’s available, we have to draft him.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Notre Dame guard Quenton Nelson would be significant upgrade. Some scouts call @BigQ56 one of best college interior OL they've ever seen, and I agree. There are good options at #16 at other positions, but Nelson would be a solid choice too.

If he’s available, we have to draft him.

im not gonna lie the more i watch him the more i think he might be the best player in the draft

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
best player?
for a while i thought it was close with saquon, rosen, minkah for a while... but i think nelson takes it at this point (ill have to go back to the tape of the rest of them)
I have dibs, just remember that

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
best player?
for a while i thought it was close with saquon, rosen, minkah for a while... but i think nelson takes it at this point (ill have to go back to the tape of the rest of them)
Nelson is flawless. I'll give you flaws on any prospect you give me.