• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Coaching Hot Seat: Harbaugh, GRo, Our Offensive Evolution

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Now that the season is over, what will Harbaugh do?

Bringing up a article from last year back, we all know Harbs loyal to a fault. It’s going to take a lot of pressure for him to make any changes to this coaching staff.

https://ebonybird.com/2020/06/03/john-harbaugh-strengths-and-weaknesses-of-the-ravens-coach/amp/2/

Following this year, it’s evident that Harbs and this coach staff was complacent and far too willing to just let Lamar run himself into the ground. There seem to be no real emphasis in developing him as a passer.

We got by in the regular season, but came playoff.. it was clear from watching that neither Lamar or the coaching staff had much confidence passing the ball.

So when Steve Bisciotti host his annual off-season plan of attack with the team’s brain trust, what plans or changes would you like to see?

There’s already multiple media outlets screaming for a change if we want Lamar to succeed.
Greg Roman being the main point of discussion.

The pressure is on. Bring back the coaching hot seat! (Not for Harbs though. He can thank Lamar for that).

Here’s clips of people pointing out the deficiency of our offense.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The passing game’s a mess and needs to be torn down and rebuilt and reconceptualised

but for what it’s worth there are no signs that there’ll be any fundamental change in coaching staff

I imagine harbs will get asked about it though when he does his closing presser (normally once all the exit interviews etc have been finished)

I’m sure many will disagree but I’m not personally looking for anything drastic to happen in terms of the coaching staff but I would like an acknowledgment from either harbs or roman that they recognise that the passing game and those concepts are fundamentally broken and need a major rethink - an acknowledgment of the problem would ease my concerns a lot

I want them to bring in a new passing game assistant coordinator. Not on the sack Roman bandwagon because his run schemes are awesome and suit Lamar, but he needs to acknowledge his limitations in the passing game and accept some help.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If we aren't getting rid of Roman, we definitely need to replace Culley as WR/Passing game coordinator. Please do something. We were much better in the passing game in 2019.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we aren't getting rid of Roman, we definitely need to replace Culley as WR/Passing game coordinator. Please do something. We were much better in the passing game in 2019.
Didn't we hire Culley 2 years ago? Right after M**** got fired?

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
The passing game’s a mess and needs to be torn down and rebuilt and reconceptualised

but for what it’s worth there are no signs that there’ll be any fundamental change in coaching staff

I imagine harbs will get asked about it though when he does his closing presser (normally once all the exit interviews etc have been finished)

I’m sure many will disagree but I’m not personally looking for anything drastic to happen in terms of the coaching staff but I would like an acknowledgment from either harbs or roman that they recognise that the passing game and those concepts are fundamentally broken and need a major rethink - an acknowledgment of the problem would ease my concerns a lot

I think if we weren’t in COVID times they make an immediate change at coordinator. But Lack of off-season will
Make to difficult to install a new system.

However 1-3 and have scored a total of 32 points in the three playoff losses is unacceptable. Well win a bunch of games next year , but without a change the results will be similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk