• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Super Bowl LV thread

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
]
it certainly helps that shaq barrett has been absolutely lethal since he joined the Bucs

how on earth did this dude go udfa in 2014?
Todd Bowles has been great coaching that defence all year
Oh wow he was udfa in 2014... i actually remember guys wanting us to take a
Look at him though!! Did todd bowles once coach the jags?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
But i thought teams were shying away from pass rushers cause teams can just get the ball out fast? Im sorry but that never made any sense to me and never will. Def need a decent pass rush in this lg
I mean... the SB is just one game though. Its a one game sample of something. Its nowhere near the representation of how you have to design your team or what wins in this league, etc. It's just one game.

That being said... when you have a good but inconsistent pass rush unit (which is what Tampa) is going up against a below average offensive line, which is what KC had without its two best Tackles, this is not totally unexpected.

The funny thing to me is... TB mostly controlling the Chiefs offense wasn't really all that surprising to me. I was hammering the under in points on this game all week long. Tampa makes teams one dimensional on offense by stopping the run against most teams, and given that KC doesn't have much of a running game, this was expected. So you can make them one dimensional just purely on talent, and then you take away their two best offensive lineman. How is KC's passing game going to be explosive?

Was I expecting zero TDs and 9 points? Of course not. But like holding KC to 20-25 points wouldn't have surprised me at all, and that's what I was expecting.

Which brings me to what I really saw... the Chiefs defense, or ineptitude of it, was the story of the game for me. They sucked at everything. They did practically nothing well. They held (literally) guys like Evans and Godwin in check, because that's what they did... held. They couldn't cover Mike Evans at all. He may have been the MVP on the Bucs offense, besides their Oline, purely based on penalty yardage.

They got shredded in the middle of the field and on play action, AND, of course, they couldn't stop the run. TB ran the offense KC wanted to run, which is, not knowing whether they were going to run or throw on any play, until the 4th quarter, when they're down 3 TDs.

Tampa scores 45-50 points in that game if they want to. They took the air out of the ball the entire fourth quarter, and for most of the 2nd half. If the Chiefs scored 30, they'd still lose by double digits.

And by the way...the Chiefs invest heavily in their pass rush too. Frank Clark makes a lot. So does Chris Jones. Tyranne Mathieu gets paid pretty well, and he sucked ass last night. Spent most of his time getting fooled and being out of coverage and yelling at his teammates for it.

The difference, as it always does, comes down to execution.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I saw Pat makes some throws yesterday that hurt me when his receivers dropped them

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
What was everyone’s favorite commercial? By far my favorite was the Brady Gronk T mobile. Laughing so hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk