• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Official Ravens "Hype Up" Thread

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
A new season is upon us. Time for us to right all of the wrongs from last season and to reclaim our rightful place on the AFC North throne! Can you feel it in the air?

LET'S GOOOOOO!

GO RAVENS!

Last edited:

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
We're going to go back 10 years in the past, when we relied on a dominant defense and a strong running game. And yes, the running game is going to be the focal point of the offense, we drafted two maulers and hired Roman to give more commitment to an element of our game that was good but too often forgotten or neglected.
There's a lot of unknown so I don't know how hyped I should be but the improvement made this offseason will surely make our team feared around the league.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I do this every year! I get pumped and amped based upon the beginning of a new season. However, our coaches and players have to do their part as well. The season before we were a despicable 5-11. Last season we were 8-8. That's a 3 game improvement! So, let's keep that fire burning to further improve another 3 wins to go at least 11-5, win the division and make the playoffs! WE CAN DO IT!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I do this every year! I get pumped and amped based upon the beginning of a new season. However, our coaches and players have to do their part as well. The season before we were a despicable 5-11. Last season we were 8-8. That's a 3 game improvement! So, let's keep that fire burning to further improve another 3 wins to go at least 11-5, win the division and make the playoffs! WE CAN DO IT!
oh i do hope so

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
dominant defence, franchise qb, franchise left tackle, marshal yanda, a promising running back... i can get behind all of those elements for now and for the future
Not to mention, Danny Woodhead is just an extension of the running game.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i kind of hate to say it but i think this team is set up with 2018 in mind more than 2017 - it just feels like as long as 3 of our draft picks pan out this year that we will only be 1 or 2 pieces away from being a really strong contender

that's not me saying I dont think we'll compete this year but i think we might be 1 year away from being a perennial superbowl contender (at least for 3-4 years or so) - its crazy what 2/3 decent drafts and some good free agent pickups will do for you - we now have promising young players at cornerstone positions: left tackle, ILB, edge rusher (x2/3), corner (x2), safety - we also have a franchise qb, a dominant guard, and some other quality pieces on the defence in suggs, jimmy smith, weddle, webby

hopefully im slightly wrong and we win the superbowl this year - and if we do the league better watch out because we are going to be an ascending team if this year's draft picks pan out

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i kind of hate to say it but i think this team is set up with 2018 in mind more than 2017 - it just feels like as long as 3 of our draft picks pan out this year that we will only be 1 or 2 pieces away from being a really strong contender

that's not me saying I dont think we'll compete this year but i think we might be 1 year away from being a perennial superbowl contender (at least for 3-4 years or so) - its crazy what 2/3 decent drafts and some good free agent pickups will do for you - we now have promising young players at cornerstone positions: left tackle, ILB, edge rusher (x2/3), corner (x2), safety - we also have a franchise qb, a dominant guard, and some other quality pieces on the defence in suggs, jimmy smith, weddle, webby

hopefully im slightly wrong and we win the superbowl this year - and if we do the league better watch out because we are going to be an ascending team if this year's draft picks pan out
If we can get our offense in the top half of the league and our defense plays to its abilities, watch out.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we can get our offense in the top half of the league and our defense plays to its abilities, watch out.

I agree!

IMO the offense (for the most part) has always been the Ravens achilles heel. If that side of the ball can become consistently productive then we may have something!

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
It all comes down to how much influence can Roman have on this offense basically. The rest will follow if he can get us a running game.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler

hopefully im slightly wrong and we win the superbowl this year -

""and if we do the league better watch out because we are going to be an ascending team if this year's draft picks pan out""

Every team can say that. But I know what you are saying

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler

I liked the Woodhead addition. He's a utility guy which we need with DIxon being suspended first four.

I just hope this team live up to its potential. I just want them to tear out the brakes and keep the foot on the gas the whole time and not play down to lesser opponents.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I liked the Woodhead addition. He's a utility guy which we need with DIxon being suspended first four.

I just hope this team live up to its potential. I just want them to tear out the brakes and keep the foot on the gas the whole time and not play down to lesser opponents.
week 1 i want us to squash the bengals like a bug and stamp our name all over the division

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
we havent had a pick 6 for a while either have we? that would be pretty nice
Think the last one was Jimmy vs Broncos last year... Would love that, like a pass to John Ross and Marlon destroys him to jar it loose, then CJ picks it up in the air and takes it back home. That would be so perfect.
Dreams aside, I think their poor OL is going to be exposed against us and Andy's going to feel it.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Think the last one was Jimmy vs Broncos last year... Would love that, like a pass to John Ross and Marlon destroys him to jar it loose, then CJ picks it up in the air and takes it back home. That would be so perfect.
Dreams aside, I think their poor OL is going to be exposed against us and Andy's going to feel it.
Yes, I do believe that was the last one. Amazing that that was the first game of 2015