• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Flex midseason mock

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
based on current draft positions:

1. Cleveland Browns: Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA

2. SF 49ers: Saquon Barkley, RB, PS

3. NY Giants: Sam Darnold, QB, USC; the Eli era is coming to an end, he simply doesnt have it anymore.

4. Indy Colts: Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Bama; teams are inquiring about a vontae davis trade and it wouldnt shock me, hooker still has health concerns, they have no quality safety play outside of a healthy hooker and worst case scenario they can pair fitz with quincy wilson as a solid future cb tandem and fitz can be a moving piece.

5. Cincinnati Bengals: Mike McGlinchey, OT, ND; arguably BPA and a big need.

6. Denver Broncos: Da'Ron Payne, DT, Bama

7. LA Chargers: Josh Allen, LB, kentucky

8. Cleveland Browns: Calvin Ridley, WR, Bama; fuck you cleveland.

9. Chicago Bears: Bradley Chubb, DE, SC; mcphee has been good but has been knicked up often and after the 2018 season he could see the door, the bears want a big hearty guy on the edge to line up across from leonard floyd and could potentially play the 5T in their 3-4 front, giving them a scary group.

10. TB Bucs: Arden Key, DE, LSU

11. NY Jets: Lamar Jackson, QB, LSU

12. Baltimore Ravens: Quenton Nelson, G, ND; potentially the best guard prospect in god knows how long, by far the best guard prospect ive ever seen, i pound the table for him as a perennial all pro guard, with an interior of nelson, jensen, and yanda, we have the scariest fuckers in the league paving the way for alex collins, and we finally put a good player on stanleys inside, and we even have yandas replacement, its so easy here.

13. AZ Cardinals: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming.

14. Oakland Raiders: Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia; shock the world and take a very good workhorse back, take some load off of Carr, make better use of that solid OL, and move on from Lynch who probably will end up just saying fuck it and taking a midseason vacation at some point.

15. Washington Redskins: Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson; junior galette has been unreliable for them from suspensions to injuries, for all the solid edge defenders they have in kerrigan, smith, and anderson, none are really elite pass rushers.

16. Miami Dolphins: Derwin James, S, FSU

17. Dallas Cowboys: Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia

18. Detroit Lions: Hayden Hurst, TE, SC; isnt ebron supposedly on his way out?

19. GB Packers: Martinas Rankin, OL, MSST

20. Atlanta Falcons: Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU; why? because fuck you and your secondary, thats why.

21. Buffalo Bills: Ronnie Harrison, S, Bama

22. Jacksonville Jags: Orlando Brown, OT, OU

23. Seattle Seahawks: James Washington, WR, OKSTU; been a long time since they added some flash to their team with an early pick, and their wr corps has been average forever.

24. Carolina Panthers: Auden Tate, WR, FSU; funchess has been coming to life a little bit, 2 massive targets for cam with the speedster samuel, a strong TE duo, and mcaffrey the all purpose threat, make this a scary offense, there is no way to guard all of these mismatches plus account for cams feet.

25. Tennessee Titans: Ken Webster, CB, Ole Miss

26. Buffalo Bills: Dorrance Armstrong, Kansas

27. LA Rams: Christian Wilkins, DL, Clemson; major upgrade from ethan westbrooks, and great value pick, turns their 3-down linemen into something scary.

28. Minnesota Vikings: Rashaan Evans, LB, Bama; upgrade from ben gedeon with another monster off-ball LB who can edge rush, because fuck your qb.

29. Pittsburgh Steelers: Denzel Ward, CB, OSU; haden should only be a stopgap.

30. NO Saints: Vita Vea, NT, Washington

31. NE Shitbags: Trenton Thompson, DT, Georgia

32. Philadelphia Eagles: Malik Jefferson, LB, TX

Ravens Round 2: Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis; im sorry guys, i know i mocked this last time, but these 2 picks seem so perfect to me. if mark andrews is available here ill take him instead, also bryce love and derrius guice would make it hard to pass, but miller seems most likely to be available.

Round 3: Baker Mayfield, QB, OU; LETS FUCKIN SHOCK THE WORLD BOYS!(been seeing him with third round stock lately, hoping for this. would honestly take him in 2)

Round 3 proj. comp: Deon Cain, WR, Clemson; we'll be riding the alex collins wagon next year, and with a defensive foundation were looking to build an offense for the future around our new qb(makes my stomach turn to say that...)

Round 4: Adonis Alexander, DB, VT; you can never have too many good corners, with jimmy smith, marlon humphrey, brandon carr, maurice canady, and now alexander, you have a ridiculous stable of long, strong, 6'-6'3" corners, not to mention tavon young and jaylen hill returning to play the nickel and backup nickel, and then humphrey and alexander could both potentially play safety, as they have the skill set.

Round 5: Josey Jewell, LB, Iowa; tough as nails, instinctive, playmaker. he isnt the most athletic but we keep trying athletic linebackers like arthur brown and correa and we keep failing miserably, lets swing on a mid round guy who at least has the mental chops to always be in the right place,squeeze the ballcarrier into traffic, and make proper form tackles, along with a fair number of shot gaps resulting in TFLs.

Round 6: Rashaad Penny, SDST; jordan howard-like running style, subtle cuts and never breaks his downhill stride, good center of gravity, and blasts tacklers with his low pads and driving legs.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I here some talk on FS1 and espn that baker is getting 1st round buzz. Also Deon Cain in the 3rd? And worst, Rashaad Penny in the 6th?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I here some talk on FS1 and espn that baker is getting 1st round buzz. Also Deon Cain in the 3rd? And worst, Rashaad Penny in the 6th?

All qbs get 1st round buzz at this point especially ones who look like their in strong contention for the heisman

Cain I can buy in the 3rd although it only takes 1 team for him to go a lot higher

Penny is not someone I could suggest a round on yet personally - I haven’t watched enough of the rest of the class

I do worry that a lot of talent is gonna rocket up the draft because the overall talent and depth in the draft seems poor compared to previous years - last time a draft looked like this we drafted Matt Elam and Arthur brown when guys like Tony Jefferson and Adam thielen went udfa and we got Brandon in the 3rd and Ricky Wagner in the 5th

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don't think deon Cain is getting nearly as much hype as some of us on the boards think. He's getting day 2 at best grades and even some mid round grades. I have yet to see a single source speak of him as an early round 2 guy. Maybe it's just purely a lack of hype, but the hype certainly isn't there.

And I wouldn't call any player from SD ST in the 6th a dream, that school only produces mid and late round talent it seems and this is a deep and loaded rb class.

Granted this far out its hard to project a whole lot of people. Penny probably won't wow too many at the combine for a big rise either.

And mayfield could very well go in the first, the talent is there, but the character concerns are still out there as well, and he isn't nearly the talent that Rosen is.

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
id be pumped with those first 3 rounds

but you're more right than you realise about vontae davis - he's already a free agent lol - he got waived (and cleared waivers) around the same time martellus bennett did...
Oh shit lol, I was going off of a colts fan I work with who said the colts put him on the trade block before the deadline and they're ready to part ways, I hadn't seen that he was actually cut.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Rounds 3 to 6 are completely unrealistics. Cain is first rounds barring Tim Williams like issues, Jewell has gotten 2nd round grades, Penny is a fring first rounder, maybe Alexander can fall hard but I don't see him get out of Day 2.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Josh Allen, LB, Kentucky?
Yeah lol my bad.

Rounds 3 to 6 are completely unrealistics. Cain is first rounds barring Tim Williams like issues, Jewell has gotten 2nd round grades, Penny is a fring first rounder, maybe Alexander can fall hard but I don't see him get out of Day 2.
You have Cain bias, I have seen nothing indicating that Cain is viewed as highly by scouts, it could be smoke blowing but who knows at this point. Also jewell COULD have a few teams fall in love but he doesn't have those attractive explosive tangibles that teams look for in ILBs. And Alexander honestly is not much better of a prospect than a Maurice canady who went in the 6th, although this is a weakish corner class so he could rise.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Yeah lol my bad.

You have Cain bias, I have seen nothing indicating that Cain is viewed as highly by scouts, it could be smoke blowing but who knows at this point. Also jewell COULD have a few teams fall in love but he doesn't have those attractive explosive tangibles that teams look for in ILBs. And Alexander honestly is not much better of a prospect than a Maurice canady who went in the 6th, although this is a weakish corner class so he could rise.
Yes I have a bias toward Cain but it's not a bias to say he's a Round 1 receiver, Matt Miller and Connor Rogers have him in that range and in fact Rogers had us taking him as our first round pick. Jewell is round 2 in the eyes of Miller and Zerlein from what I know. Could see the Canady comp but Alexander had more hype coming into the season. Like BmoreBird said, he's a physical marvel, a team like Seattle must be having him very high on their board.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ok so the one i really have a problem with is Rashaad Penny. To me he goes no later than the 4th. He looks like David Johnson or Kareem Hunt. It doesnt matter if he goes to SD st because he comes up big in big games, and destroys lower level competition.

Hes second in the country with 1602 yards 7.0 avg 15 touchdowns (Bryce love is first and has 48 less carries but thats a different story lol) . Has soft hands and production in the passing game. 6 career kick return tds
I honestly think that he ends up being a day 2 pick. His film backs the production

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I would cream my pants if this happened. Love this mock.

I know you have him going #8 and Cleveland is just going to try to shaft us so they're not really an option but I really would prefer to be the aggressor if Ridley is still there at pick #10, dude is very legit and I think he will be a star WR day one. People may say I'm over-hyping him but I can see his impact being on AJ Green's level when he first came into the league. There's not a lot of weaknesses in his game honestly.