• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 11 Discussion (Other Teams)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
(Insert Intro Here)....

Titans @ Steelers: For our sake, not only do we need to turn the season around for the playoffs but any chance of trying to reclaim the division from the Steelers starts with some Pittsburgh losses. Tennessee is looking for the clean sweep of the AFC North while the Steelers look to improve to 8-2 and remain in the thick of the bye race battle with the Patriots and Chiefs.

Lions @ Bears: The Lions head to Solider Field to take on Da Bears. It's only a matter of time before John Fox is fired, but considering no coach has been fired so far, he may make it past another loss after Sunday.

Jaguars @ Browns: Usually I would say something about how this pick will help determine the top of the draft order, but this is 2017 and the Jaguars are actually good. The Jaguars defense will eat the Browns offense alive, and once again it seems a full house cleaning is coming in Cleveland.

Bucs @ Dolphins: Right now, I imagine both the Bucs and Dolphins are wishing they were on their BYE this week. The delayed week one game now takes place with both teams under performing and both head coaches feeling the pressure.

Rams @ Vikings: GAME. OF. THE. WEEK. Hands down the best game this week, NFC playoff seeding on the line as the difference could be playing on wild card weekend, or resting at home on a BYE. Case Keenum vs Jared Goff, who both are playing incredible just one year after being teammates, will help settle some NFC seeding early on.

Redskins @ Saints: The Saints turnaround on defense is incredible, for years we joked about how terrible their defense was, but it looks like those high investments on defense are paying off. Kirk Cousins gets a tough road task ahead as he looks to take the team to the playoffs.

Chiefs @ Giants: How Ben McAdoo has a job in week 11 is absolutely amazing. This team has quit on him and it seems like a 2012 Colts full on rebuild is going to take place for the Giants in 2018. Andy Reid doesn't lose coming off a BYE, and the Giants just don't win. Someone turn the "Coach Firings" Settings back to ON.

Cardinals @ Texans: The battle of the terrible backup quarterbacks. This will be one ugly game and someone has to win unless they tie. Expect a heavy dose of Adrian Peterson vs Lamar Miller in this one.

Bills @ Chargers: Tyrod Taylor is benched and rookie QB Nathan Peterman takes over the Buffalo Bills who currently hold the 6th seed. With 2 first round picks, it's understandable to see what you have in Nathan Peterman but in the middle of a playoff push? Rivers meanwhile is in concussion protocol so we'll see if he plays Sunday.

Bengals @ Broncos: The Broncos have a Quarterback problem, the Bengals have a Marvin Lewis problem. Marvin Lewis called out rookie John Ross for quitting on a route, I imagine that won't go over well with the players. Who does Marvin blame next? Von Miller and co might be able to make the most of this game against a terrible Bengals offensive line.

Patriots @ Raiders: Welcome to Mexico City where the Raiders will "host" the New England Patriots. This game was supposed to be everything when it came to playoff seeding, but the Raiders wheels fell off and are trying to claw their way back into the playoff hunt.

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
oh man there are some big matchups this week and then there are some utterly abysmal ones:

GOOD: titans steelers, rams vikings, pats raiders, eagles cowboys, falcons seahawks

AWFUL: bucs dolphins, cardinals texans, bengals broncos

which covers just over half of the matchups for the week

bucs dolphins and bengals broncos in particular are games that have almost no intrigue to them other than the fact that the dolphins could end up 5-5 but be the 31st/32nd team in efficiency - its crazy that they were 4-2 at one point this year - and then they got ripped to shreds 3 primetime games in a row and as bad as the bucs have been im not sure even they are as bad as the dolphins - i genuinely think these 2 teams are so bad that the browns would add more juice to this matchup...

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
The Rams/Vikings game is the Game of the Week IMO. Whoever loses the Bengals/Broncos game might as well start their eulogy to their dead playoff chances. Falcons/Seahawks game looks interesting.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
oh ive already written and published obituaries for both the bengals and the broncos at this point - loser just gets buried deeper than 6 feet under
Love seeing the Bengals buried down under, however I hate them having such a good draft pick. I think Marvin Lewis could finally be a gonner.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Love seeing the Bengals buried down under, however I hate them having such a good draft pick. I think Marvin Lewis could finally be a gonner.

i dunno if they keep "wasting" those picks on luxuries then im fine...

and if marvin lewis managed to survive last year's loss of control then i dont see why they'd get rid of him this year - im almost tempted to say they are just waiting for hue jackson to get fired and then marvin will resign - like if hue gets fired this offseason then sure i can see lewis stepping down but i dont see that organisation ever firing lewis anyway...

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So the Titans and Steelers have a ton to play for including a potential BYE in the playoffs. Steelers are 7-3, Titans are 6-3. A Titans win moves them into a 7-3 tie and in a great spot to get a BYE.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
So the Titans and Steelers have a ton to play for including a potential BYE in the playoffs. Steelers are 7-3, Titans are 6-3. A Titans win moves them into a 7-3 tie and in a great spot to get a BYE.
You mean 7-2 (Steelers)?

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
oh ive already written and published obituaries for both the bengals and the broncos at this point - loser just gets buried deeper than 6 feet under

At this point, I don't see either team making a late playoff push with the way they're playing. Sure they'll get a good draft pick, but let's see what they'll do with it.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Mariota with a crazy overthrow for a INT.