• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Raine's 2021 Mock Draft

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
This was one of the hardest mocks I've done, but well, the big day is getting close so here we go.

Round 1: Landon Dickerson, C, Alabama

3LYZQBX6W5GINK3LW2QUPYG7SA.jpg

A mountain of a man. If there was any interior lineman in this draft that you could point to and say, that's a Raven's lineman, it's Dickerson. Incredible power, plays with violence and intensity, and fills a key missing hole in our offense. Our line is really held back by our bandaid solutions at starting C, and someone like Dickerson could take our o-line to a whole new level. Also a good C goes a long way in keeping Lamar upright.

There are some past injury concerns, and Creed Humphrey is very tempting here. But if you're going to go IOL early, might as well go for the potential stud.

Round 2: Nico Collins, WR, Michigan

iu

A big man that makes big plays. Collins is a naturally gifted, large WR (6'4", 220) held back by the team he was on. Very strong reliable hands, enough speed to challenge deep, pretty fluid athlete for his size, just all around Collins is a solid WR that brings things to our offense that it just does not have right now.

Round 3 (comp): Jordan Smith, Edge, UAB

1228361625.jpg

The first thing that's gonna stand out about him is his size, 6'6". That height matched with great length, balance, and solid athleticism can make for some great matchups. Like most small school guys could use some coaching up, but even against some good schools he had flashes showing what he's capable of becoming. All in all he just seems like a good fit for Wink's quick, aggressive defense.

Round 4: Dayo Odeyingbo, DE/DT, Vanderbilt

USATSI_15048883-1200x628.jpg

A rare breed of size and athletic ability. His potential is just off the charts. If he fills out his frame a bit he could be an amazing DE in base 3-4 or DE in Nickle. You could move him around the front to make matchup nightmares. Of course, this being the fourth round, there are a few problems. Right now, he's all ability and instinct and really needs his technique to be coached up. Also he tore his ACL when training for the draft, so he likely won't see much action in his rookie season, unless it's near the end. But if a guy with this raw ability is sitting there in the fourth then you take the shot.

Round 5: Josh Imatorbhebhe, WR, Illinois

USATSI_13525430-1024x684.jpg

His game is built around being explosive off the line, great short area quickness, and winning those 50/50 balls. Also shows great toughness and doesn't backdown from defenders. Has the potential to be a clutch WR3, and brings an attitude we really don't have among our WRs right now.

Round 5: Keith Taylor, CB, Washington

61187cf8-cfd3-436c-98b2-0b325e77255f-AP19356084222534.jpg

Physical press corner. Really a special teams pickup, but could prove to be good depth if he develops.

Round 6: Austin Watkins Jr, WR, UAB

uab-wr-austin-watkins-highlight-reel-2019-season.jpg

Cousin of our own Sammy Watkins. He's a natural hands catcher that'll reach out for the ball and was a real vertical threat. Can be good for plenty of YAC as well. But that's about it. Low risk, high reward developmental WR to gift to our new WR coach.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Triple-dipping on WRs.

That’s bold. REAL BOLD.

I like it.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I love these picks - if you built a C in a lab for the ravens he’s be Landon Dickerson - super athletic, nasty, physical, powerful, smart - takeaway the injury issues and I think most of the consensus would be he’d be gone in the top 20 even as an interior OL

I like nico Collins but his lack of production always makes me nervous - looked good at the senior bowl (but also clearly out of practice too) - but massive frame and really good movement skills (and from the Boykin pick 2 years ago you know the ravens love a HWS prospect)

I really like Jordan Smith - uses his length well but despite being so tall he still has the ability to dip under the tackle as he goes up the arc - has some nice flexibility and speed - high effort from the backside - not flashy as a pick but I’d welcome it

dayo odeyingbo is another man mountain who’s a supreme athlete - as you say the only reason he might be around this late is because of that ACL but he’s a major talent

josh imatorbhebhe is probably my favourite developmental WR prospect - smashed the combine record for the vert at his pro day (and it wasn’t a surprise)

I’ve not got to Keith Taylor yet but he’s on my list

I’d be stunned if austin Watkins was available this late - I think he’s a surprisingly refined route runner - will be very interested to see what he runs at his pro day

would honestly be fine not going WR on day 2 if we came out of day 3 with imatorbhebhe and Watkins

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
LOVE this draft, idk about nico Collins, I love what he does well, I worry about him vs press though big time, ultimately if we take him there I’m 100% with it because he just plays so big at the catch point. Dickerson is a talent worthy of well above 27, injuries scare me though. I do not see Keith Taylor being there in round 5 unless there’s some character concerns, I don’t think he makes it to day 3

rossihunter2

Staff Member
LOVE this draft, idk about nico Collins, I love what he does well, I worry about him vs press though big time, ultimately if we take him there I’m 100% with it because he just plays so big at the catch point. Dickerson is a talent worthy of well above 27, injuries scare me though. I do not see Keith Taylor being there in round 5 unless there’s some character concerns, I don’t think he makes it to day 3

i think taylor's a 4th rounder type - definitely day 3 for me - nice player but at his size i'd like him to be more physical especially as im not entirely confident in his burst and acceleration - i think he's got decent athleticism overall but he's not very explosive at all

and on top of that he's one of the worst and most timid tacklers in the class

i like him but idk that he's a day 2 guy

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i think taylor's a 4th rounder type - definitely day 3 for me - nice player but at his size i'd like him to be more physical especially as im not entirely confident in his burst and acceleration - i think he's got decent athleticism overall but he's not very explosive at all

and on top of that he's one of the worst and most timid tacklers in the class

i like him but idk that he's a day 2 guy
He glues in man coverage though and is stellar at defending the catch point

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He glues in man coverage though and is stellar at defending the catch point

he's good in press yeah - not a ton of off coverage on tape which is where his burst would probably be really tested - not saying i dont like him but that there's a couple of question marks - i guess it wouldnt shock me if he went in the 3rd round but he looks more like a day 3 guy to me

in a similar way to the way that i like camryn bynum - i think he's really polished but i also wouldnt take him before the 5th round because of some limitations athletically

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Love the Day pick. Wasn't it his achilles he injured, not an ACL?
I'd prefer a third edge/pass rusher to a third WR particularly with Dayo out for foreseeable future.
Just about any corner out of Washington is likely to be good value in the fifth.
Dickerson is frightening in round one. Just feels like a bomb waiting to go off.
Well done mock