• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Discord Community Mock

JED3

Practice Squad
I copy and pasted the explanation from the r/NFL_Draft thread from last week. Basically, the mock was completed on discord with a group of members making decisions for each team. Thoughts? Also, I’d suggest a thread solely for mock drafts.

Link to full results page:

I was the GM for the Baltimore Ravens.

Trade:

1.27 and future 5th for 2.48 and 3.79.

The goal is here was to acquire more picks. While a more polished starter would’ve been nice, the ravens current interest in a veteran pass rusher makes us believe we could wait. We felt that we could grab a toolsy pass rusher who would only need to start rotationally.

Picks:

2.48 Joe Tryon, OLB, Washington

Here is our toolsy pass rusher. Has everything you’d want from an edge rusher, but he will need to refine his play in order to maximize his potential. Thankfully the Ravens have a history of coaching up linebackers.

2.58 Dyami Brown, WR, North Carolina

A dynamic, deep threat with high upside. Dyami is pegged to be our outside receiver. He could use some weight on his frame and needs to work on looking the ball into his hands, but this is a pick to be excited about.

3.79 Payton Turner, DE, Houston

A great value pick. Turner offers size, length and athleticism off the edge. He has the versatility to play inside on 3rd down due to his weight. This completes the revitalization of our edge attack.

4.104 Israel Mukuamu, DB, South Carolina

Another undervalued player with good value at this pick. Good length and surprisingly good hips for a 6’4 corner. Israel will be a rotational piece that offers a lot to our scheme. Whether he plays outside corner or lines up over a tight end, he adds a new element to our defense.

4.131 Trey Hill, C, Georgia

Smash mouth football is returning to Baltimore. He will eventually become our starting center after some refinements. We plan on bullying opposing defensive lines with our size and aggression.

Note:

We likely would’ve traded Orlando had we been able to make transactions like that in this scenario. We would have used this capital to draft a replacement tackle early, and possibly trade up for Tommy Tremble in the 3rd.

Edit:

The trade value was approximately even according to the online calculator we were using. Also it should be understood that there are two things altering trade value in these mocks. First, we only have control of the teams for 1 draft, and second, this is an exercise done for fun. These leads to significantly higher value being places on the picks that are involved in the mock and in their quantity. Meaning that people dont want to trade and when they do, it needs to heavily sway them. Also, being that I had identified several players that were being significantly undervalued, grabbing them at lower picks is worth more than grabbing someone at a market value spot.

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don’t love joe Tryon as our first pick here especially with Carlos basham and Ronnie perkins and others still available

made up for it though by grabbing Payton turner a round later

I like dyami brown a lot

I love israel mukuamu at that value - guys his size should not be able to move the way he does - and that positional versatility too

trey hill is ok but I’m really not convinced by him - think he’s too athletically limited - would have been looking hard at David Moore in that spot (if we’re sticking with OL) or stone forsythe - with someone like James Hudson on the board only half a round above I honestly might have been inclined to go up and get him

this is a draft full of decent prospects but I don’t see a ton of instant impact contributions which is what this team needs because I’m not sure tryon’s ready right away and not sure mukuamu gets on the field much without injuries and I don’t see trey hill winning a starting job (or even really competiting for one either)