• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Rossi's Mock 1.0

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Just under 3 weeks to go and I thought with my board now somewhat stacked I should probably have a go at this...

I fully sorted the picks for the 1st 2 rounds up to our 2nd pick (will post all those picks so you can see the process) and then took estimated guesses based on who could likely be available at the spots we might be picking at... I did mock some potential trades early just because it felt completely unrealistic otherwise but didn't once I got out of the top 10 or so (apart from the Ravens):

ROUND 1:
  • 1: Jags: Trevor Lawrence QB
  • 2: Jets: Zach Wilson QB
  • 3: 49ers: Trey Lance QB
  • 4: (TRADE) Broncos: Justin Fields QB
  • 5: Bengals: Penei Sewell OT
  • 6: Dolphins: Jaylen Waddle WR
  • 7: Lions: Ja'Marr Chase WR
  • 8: Panthers: Rashawn Slater OT
  • 9: Falcons: Kyle Pitts TE
  • 10: (TRADE) Eagles: Devonta Smith WR
  • 11: Giants: Micah Parsons LB
  • 12: Cowboys: Patrick Surtain II CB
  • 13: Chargers: Christian Darrisaw OT
  • 14: Vikings: Kwity Paye EDGE
  • 15: Pats: Jaycee Horn CB
  • 16: Cardinals: Caleb Farley CB
  • 17: Raiders: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah LB
  • 18: Dolphins: Zaven Collins LB
  • 19: Washington: Alijah Vera-Tucker OL
  • 20: Bears: Teven Jenkins OT
  • 21: Colts: Samuel Cosmi OT
  • 22: Titans: Rashod Bateman WR
  • 23: Jets: Jaelan Phillips EDGE
  • 24: Steelers: Najee Harris RB
  • 25: Jags: Trevon Moehrig S
  • 26: Browns: Azeez Ojulari EDGE
  • 27: (TRADE) Jets: Greg Newsome II CB *The Jets send the 86th pick to move up from 34 for Greg Newsome*
  • 28: Saints: Mac Jones QB
  • 29: Packers: Elijah Moore WR
  • 30: Bills: Jalen Mayfield OL
  • 31: Chiefs: Alex Leatherwood OL
  • 32: Bucs: Christian Barmore DL
ROUND 2:
  • 33: Jags: Dillon Radunz OT
  • 34: ***RAVENS***
Terrace Marshall Jr, WR, LSU
I could have over-complicated this here but this makes a lot of sense here especially after the trade down - after nearly taking Tee Higgins in 2020, they get someone with a very similar profile (albeit slightly slimmer) a year later - there are issues with blocking and maybe some functional strength issues too but the movement skills at the size he is are rare to find and with no athletic limitations in terms of suddenness or explosion - you find a way to make it work and add more speed to the offence

• 35: Falcons: Tyson Campbell CB
  • 36: Dolphins: Javonte Williams RB
  • 37: Eagles: Asante Samuel Jr CB
  • 38: Bengals: Pat Freiermuth TE
  • 39: Panthers: Kadarius Toney WR
  • 40: Falcons: Jayson Oweh EDGE
  • 41: Lions: Liam Eichenberg OT
  • 42: Giants: Creed Humphrey C
  • 43: 49ers: Ifeatu Melifonwu CB
  • 44: Cowboys: Richie Grant S
  • 45: Jags: Gregory Rousseau EDGE
  • 46: Pats: Levi Onwuzurike DL
  • 47: Chargers: D'Wayne Eskridge Wr
  • 48: Raiders: Wyatt Davis OG
  • 49: Cardinals: Travis Etienne RB
  • 50: Dolphins: Trey Smith OG
  • 51: Washington: Rondale Moore WR
  • 52: Bears: Dyami Brown WR
  • 53: Titans: Carlos Basham Jr EDGE
  • 54: Colts: Jamar Johnson S
  • 55: Steelers: Jackson Carman OL
  • 56: Seahawks: Brady Christensen OT
  • 57: Rams: Quinn Meinerz IOL
  • 58: ***RAVENS***
Landon Dickerson, C, Alabama
I considered taking him at 34 but the injuries scared me away - but there does come a point where the risk becomes worth it and after a run on OL it makes sense for him to go here. There were some EDGE guys in consideration here (it sounds like the Ravens really like Tryon who would make sense although I'm not his biggest fan) but ultimately I felt like Dickerson was worth the risk. Outside of the injuries, he's the C prospect you'd build in a lab and call him a Raven. Nasty, athletic, great awareness, good feet... and of course he's a Bama kid and we haven't drafted one since Ozzie stepped down as GM.

ROUND 3:
  • 86: ***RAVENS***
Ronnie Perkins, EDGE, Oklahoma
I'm finding it really hard to gauge what his value is - I think tremendously of him but he's not a freak athlete. Either way he reminds me a lot of a Suggs-lite type guy. He's powerful and he often explodes - plays a lot stronger than his measurables and has nice burst. Really strong in both the running game and passing game. And very tellingly, Oklahoma's defence fell apart when he left the field. Will need to work on his counters and will need to work on his ability to play vs pullers on the front-side (has shown the ability, power and willingness but technique's not great). But he lives in the backfield. I really like him. Probably a lot more than the media I've seen so far. Payton Turner would have been in play but I think he gets taken before this pick. Likewise Tryon's probably gone too although again... his value too seems to be all over the place.

• 104: ***RAVENS***
James Hudson III, OT, Cincinnati
I really wanted to put Spencer Brown as the pick here but after his testing numbers I really think he's going to go much higher than anyone's expecting and him being on the board this late feels unrealistic. So in steps James Hudson III - really raw but super athletic dude who has a violent, nasty streak and who has tons of natural power. He's raw and needs a ton of technical refinement (especially with his pass set) but the upside is so high. A different sort of tackle to Orlando although like Orlando the testing didn't matchup to the tape (albeit we're talking about completely different ends of the spectrum regarding athleticism).

ROUND 4:
  • 131: ***RAVENS***
Kary Vincent Jr, DB, LSU
Another guy I'm probably higher on than the consensus. Needs to have better eye discipline and can react late. Not the most enthusiastic tackler BUT he's got amazing movement skills and athleticism, great ball skills, positional versatility (in the slot and on the backend even as a deep safety) and some really nice instincts in zone. Did a lot of pre-snap disguises to help disguise coverage before rolling into his spot late which fits really well with how the ravens run the secondary here. He did not play a ton vs the run because he's not very willing coming downhill. But he projects as a guy who can be a potential piece in our dime package early while offering some backup talent for Tavon Young.

ROUND 5:
  • 171: ***RAVENS***
Janarius Robinson, EDGE, FSU
Long and well-built and powerful - might need to fill in his lower body but is already a powerful edge-setter. Is comfortable standing up. Uses his hands well in the running game, extends, stacks, finds the ball and sheds. Like Perkins he's willing taking on pullers but could show better and more consistent technique. Hunts from the backside. There are a few snaps of him in coverage but not much to take away from them. Pass rush seems to be predicated on power and he doesn't use his hands particularly well as a pass rusher and doesn't really seem to have a go-to move at all. Is effective though on stunts. Too often going straight up the middle trying to win with power but doesn't look to compound moves together. FSU program while he was there was a mess so there's a good chance that he can become a very good player with some half-decent coaching. But he falls this far because he doesn't offer much immediately as a pass rusher. But he gets on the field as an edge-setter with some great tools to work with.

• 184: ***RAVENS***
Damar Hamlin, S, Pitt
The next potential day 3 DB special teamer to starter pipeline candidate. Decent athlete with some range and short area explosion. Decent hips to be able to survive in man coverage and reads the receiver down well - plays with great effort. Really consistent player. Highly intelligent - shows up a ton pre-snap reading plays early or demonstrating great route recognition. Excellent in zone picking up and passing off. Really disciplined and intelligent prospect - maybe not cut-out for a single-high type role but could be a good split-safety type. Would earn his spot on special teams.

ROUND 6:
  • 210: ***Ravens***
Dez Fitzpatrick, WR, Louisville
Seemed as good as anyone to fill this spot. Played with Lamar in Lamar's final season at Louisville. He's a smooth athlete but he's not got any traits that stand out especially. Just a very steady prospect. A bit thin and not obviously strong. But he showed up well at the senior bowl, has the Lamar connection but shows toughness and leadership in school.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Gosh I love the marriage of Robinson and Perkins .
The trade back makes Marshall a pretty good get, though I would have gone Creed there. No doubt, Dickerson is great value in round two but The injuries are very off putting. Pretty sure he has sprained each ankle and had surgery on one. And he has torn his ACL and had surgery on both knees.
Have you watched much Josh Myers?

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
upload_2021-4-16_22-46-55.png

Any good folks? I loaded up on the O-line but went easy on the edge hoping we'd be signing Houston/Kerrigan and Ferguson showing up this season.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
View attachment 2631
Any good folks? I loaded up on the O-line but went easy on the edge hoping we'd be signing Houston/Kerrigan and Ferguson showing up this season.
Should have probably posted this on the draft general thought thread. But anyway, Moore is electric, though more or less the same as Hollywood. Dickerson is someone I'd consider in the late first. He's a fantastic center and a real mauler. Don't know the rest.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Gosh I love the marriage of Robinson and Perkins .
The trade back makes Marshall a pretty good get, though I would have gone Creed there. No doubt, Dickerson is great value in round two but The injuries are very off putting. Pretty sure he has sprained each ankle and had surgery on one. And he has torn his ACL and had surgery on both knees.
Have you watched much Josh Myers?

yeah i watched him a lot early on - did his grade around the same time i did wyatt davis (because it was on the same film)

he's got a 3rd round grade from me - really love him in the run game - but i have some issues with his pass pro

in pass pro he seems to be great in a phone booth especially when going against big noses etc. but really struggled with wider set DTs and guys who challenged him laterally - didn't use his length well to compensate for some slower feet - he gave up a ton of pressure

but other than the slow feet, i see lots of things that can be coached up but to me he's a 3rd rounder - 93 on my board

robinson's someone who i came to late in the process and i was really impressed with him - fsu was a mess and yet he still stood out - leads me to thinking that he could well have a lot of untapped potential there - you can see the traits and that was only confirmed by his amazing athletic testing at his pro day - looks like someone who can be a dominant edge setter pretty early on and has tools to develop as a pass rusher but right now isnt someone who rushes with a plan at all

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I LOVE this draft class, this would be an ideal scenario all the way around, I think Perkins and Fitzpatrick that late feels a little unreal, but I could be wrong