• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Stand up comedy thread.

K-Dog

MVP
I love stand up comedy.
There are a lot of comedians I really like, some of the names slip my mind because I listen to them on Sirius or I Heart Radio.
But the three I know are my favorite are
Brian Regan.

Mitch Hedberg

and the Godfather of comedy, the legendary George Carlin.

Who else enjoys stand up comedy?
Post some of your fav's.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Dave Chappell is my all time favorite. I'd also say Louis C.K.... .But.....

But the real best comedian of all time.

donald-trump-red-hat-cardboard-cutout-standup-945_1500.jpg
\

Pats

Veteran
Dave chappelle, jim jefferies and chris rock I got to see live. They were all so good. Bull burr I saw live too he was great. Louis ck's old material was good I haven't listened to him in like 5 years though. George carlin is obviously a legend too, patrice o'neal was probably my favorite roasting comedian. Colin quinn, rich vos, jim norton and nick dipaolo I enjoy as well.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Billy Connolly is my favourite by a long, long, long mile.

I love Patrice, Chris Rock and Carlin. Frankie Boyle and Milton Jones of British comedians.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I’ll never forget seeing Robin Williams at Constitution Hall. He was a dirty one. I almost died laughing.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Billy Connolly is my favourite by a long, long, long mile.

I love Patrice, Chris Rock and Carlin. Frankie Boyle and Milton Jones of British comedians.

HUGE Patrice O'Neal fan. Bill Burr is hilarious to me as well.

@K-Dog would recommend those two if you like stand up. Patrice O'Neal "Elephant in the Room" is one of the greatest stand ups to me. Burr's specials have never disappointed me either.

I'm bumping these old threads up.

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
Jack Whitehall - has one of the funniest sets i can remember when he started out (he literally launched a career off one set)
Milton Jones - This guy is just flat out hilarious
Rhod Gilbert - again is just hilariously honest and his accent (he’s welsh) helps
You'd love British panel shows

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
HUGE Patrice O'Neal fan. Bill Burr is hilarious to me as well.

@K-Dog would recommend those two if you like stand up. Patrice O'Neal "Elephant in the Room" is one of the greatest stand ups to me. Burr's specials have never disappointed me either.

I'm bumping these old threads up.
Agree on Burr - he turned out to be great and is going strong for a very long time now.

Tank

Hall of Famer
No thread about stand up would be complete without including Redd Foxx.
While some of it may seem corny after 40 years this has to be one of the funniest sets in the history of comedy. I hope no one is offended, dude did not mince his words! Enjoy!

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I’ll never forget seeing Robin Williams at Constitution Hall. He was a dirty one. I almost died laughing.

Have you seen Bob Saget do stand up? Holy... I want you to watch his stand up then go and try to watch an episode of Full House. You'll never see Danny Tanner the same way ever again.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Have you seen Bob Saget's do stand up? Holy... I want you to watch his stand up then go and try to watch an episode of Full House. You'll never see Danny Tanner the same way ever again.
I know exactly what you mean!