• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Perfect Game...for the Front Office

arnie_uk

Veteran
This is what the front office and harbs foresaw in preseason.

A sting defense that got teams into 3rd and long to bring pressure and create turnovers.

A ball and clock control offense that could get a couple tds & fgs and sneak out wins.

Now no one will expect that defense every week but we definitely have been creating turnovers all year.

The offense just took no risks, nothing silly. 80 percent comepletion percentage, lots of runs (granted one bonehead play) that done exactly what was required to not lose the game that it was obvious the defense would win for us.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is what the front office and harbs foresaw in preseason.

A sting defense that got teams into 3rd and long to bring pressure and create turnovers.

A ball and clock control offense that could get a couple tds & fgs and sneak out wins.

Now no one will expect that defense every week but we definitely have been creating turnovers all year.

The offense just took no risks, nothing silly. 80 percent comepletion percentage, lots of runs (granted one bonehead play) that done exactly what was required to not lose the game that it was obvious the defense would win for us.

2 bonehead plays. The one to Boyle that was not picked off was arguably a worse throw then the one to Woodhead.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Didn't think that was an awful decision. It should have been ben watson running the route. Not boyle

It was the exact same bad throw and should have been picked off for the exact same reason, I would trust a WR to make that catch not a TE who is not known for being a pass catcher.

arnie_uk

Veteran
It was the exact same bad throw and should have been picked off for the exact same reason, I would trust a WR to make that catch not a TE who is not known for being a pass catcher.
That's what im saying. I think its a catch with watson. Its not flaccos fault it was boyle running the route.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
That's what im saying. I think its a catch with watson. Its not flaccos fault it was boyle running the route.

Yes but he knew it was Boyle. It's not lile it was a secret who was going to be running that route. You cannot trust a blocking TE to make the same plays a WR would.