• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: Brandon Stephens

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I dont know who you are; I dont know where you came from, but what I hope you have is a particular set of skills. Skills that have been honed over a lifetime of shutting down pass catchers. If you let the receivers catch TDs that will be the end of you, but if not the Ravens will sign you, they will extend you, and they will put a ring on you.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Three of the four picks in this draft seem to be, "Let's take amazing traits at positions we develop well." That said, large athletic corner that gets a bit too physical at times seems like a Ravens' cornerback.

Simba

Staff Member
Hopefully with better results, but this reminds me of taking Christian Thompson in the 4th awhile back. No one knew who he was at all.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Three of the four picks in this draft seem to be, "Let's take amazing traits at positions we develop well." That said, large athletic corner that gets a bit too physical at times seems like a Ravens' cornerback.

EDC just said he fits the profile athletically with the traits and frame of someone we'd like at free safety - and that his former time as a RB shows up in his ability come downhill

seems to have mostly played corner the last couple of years but like you said in the gameday thread - probably projects to play S

Simba

Staff Member
DeCosta also noted the high upside. Wonder if that’s how we approach the rest of the draft with it being so weak. Honestly not seeing too many day 1 contributors left, so take a swing.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
The whole flock nation when Stephens name was called...

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
my god - there's almost no film to watch on him... struggling to find anything even remotely useful
tenor.gif

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Just look up game recaps from SMU, look at his stats and see which games he produced and just watch the full recap. Thats how i usually do it

i can only find 2 on youtube - and so much of the important stuff is happening off camera...
all ive worked out so far is that i dont love his footwork at the line of scrimmage when lined up on the line...
also seems to be peaking a ton (but that could be coverage related... but i cant tell without the all-22 - or at least a slightly better angle)

but consistently his eye discipline seems to be all over the place - which is understandable given how new he is to the position but - it's the one thing i've picked up so far

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
i can only find 2 on youtube - and so much of the important stuff is happening off camera...
all ive worked out so far is that i dont love his footwork at the line of scrimmage when lined up on the line...
also seems to be peaking a ton (but that could be coverage related... but i cant tell without the all-22 - or at least a slightly better angle)

but consistently his eye discipline seems to be all over the place - which is understandable given how new he is to the position but - it's the one thing i've picked up so far
Ya i think one thing they covet is his ball skills and recovery speed, seems a bit grabby so far. Watching the SMU vs Memphis game cause he has 3 pds this game

the full games are nice cause you get replays too

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ya i think one thing they covet is his ball skills and recovery speed, seems a bit grabby so far. Watching the SMU vs Memphis game cause he has 3 pds this game

the full games are nice cause you get replays too

not sure ive got access to full games unfortunately

i would pay so much money for college all-22 - i do not understand why there isn't a college version of gamepass... they would make a killing off of it