• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: Ben Mason

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
The most Ravens pick ever lol...

A FB from Michigan.

idk what the point of it is given Pat Ricard's status as entrenched on the roster.

But Mason's good - was showing off as a lead blocker at the senior bowl.

But hard to imagine he could make the team.

Is he more Ricard or does he have some Juice in him?

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Prob just wanted first dibs on him, could be an IR candidate or hit the practice squad. Its the last pick of the 5th so basically a 6th so whatever lol

Simba

Staff Member
They announced him as a TE. Still weird either way. Doesn't seem like he has much path to the roster right now.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
ravens listing him as a TE - but he's not caught many passes in college...
he's coming to be a blocker - my guess is maybe they think he can be a movable blocker and compete with eric tomlinson to be that 3rd TE (blocker) a bit like Hayden Hurst

I see highlights of him hurdling guys. He’s a FB/TE hybrid

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
We love TEs that try to hurdle so we prob saw him playing full back, saw him hurdle and they said fuck it put him at TE

I mean I see him being a poor mans version of Juice Check. He’s good and he has a spot. Have to be creative. Not every FB is strictly a blocker/traditional FB

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Voted Toughest Man twice by Michigan. Jim pitched him to John, this is likely a harbaugh choice

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
must be a short highlights reel - he's got 3 receptions in 4 years...

not that i dont think he can be that hybrid type - just that there's not a lot of passing game production in his career so far

Running possibly?