• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 12 Discussion (Other Teams): Happy Thanksgiving!

JO_75

Hall of Famer
NFL-Thanksgiving.gif

Vikings @ Lions: The controversial finish in the Falcons/Lions game is coming back to bite the Lions as they sit just outside of the playoffs heading into Thanksgiving. The Vikings meanwhile are in a tight battle for the top seeds in the NFC. A slip up could cost them as the Saints are right on their tail, but a slip up from Philly could open up the top seed.

Chargers @ Cowboys: If I'm the Chiefs, don't look in the rear view mirror as the Chargers are now closing in on the division in now a terrible division? Dallas meanwhile is barely hanging on to their playoff hopes and a loss here would practically eliminate them.

Giants @ Redskins: You know when your totally full and can't eat no more? Yet you find a will and way to keep eating? Well that's the equivalent to this game, because you must find a will and way to watch this game. The Giants are coming off their first win over the Chiefs, the Redskins are just hoping their final Thanksgiving with Kirk Cousins goes well enough that he may not move away next March.

Somewhere in New England: "Thanksgiving Football, meh. We're on to Sunday."

Buccaneers @ Falcons: Everyone thought this would be one of the games determining who wins the NFC South.... boy were we wrong. The Falcons are clinging to the 6th seed in the NFC meanwhile the Bucs are seemingly in a midst of another possible coaching change at the end of the year. We all thought the Bucs were ready to contend, but then a bus got in their way and prevented them from getting to the dance.

Browns @ Bengals: You know I'm not comfortable enough to say the Bengals are so bad that they could be the team to give the Browns their possible only win of the year. I just wonder though, would Mike Brown give Marvin Lewis an extension for losing to the Browns, or would he finally fire him?

Titans @ Colts: The Titans are looking to rebound after being blown out by the Steelers on Thursday Night Football. They now find themselves in the thick of a crowded AFC Wild Card race. The Colts are just looking to savage something hoping Andrew Luck can be fully healthy for 2018.

Bills @ Chiefs: The Chiefs got upsetted by the one win Giants last week, and look to avoid a home upset against the Bills. Seemingly the Nathan Peterman experiment went as well, if he were drafted by the Browns. Tyrod is back in as starter, and now he gets his chance against Revis Island, who the Chiefs for some reason dug up from the ground in which it was buried.

Dolphins @ Patriots: Well so much for the Patriots finally having some competition in the AFC East in 2017. Cruising to another division title like always.

Panthers @ Jets: In the Panthers losses this season, Cam Newton has thrown multiple interceptions which proved costly. 3 against the Eagles, 3 against the Saints and 2 against the Bears. The Jets defensively have 10 interceptions on the year. For the Jets, getting to Cam and making him make those interceptions will be the key for a Jets team that has over achieved in 2017.

Bears @ Eagles: Speaking of the Bears and Eagles, these two teams meet in Philly as the Eagles look to keep flying high to the number one seed. The Bears meanwhile well, they are just hoping to find some positives to Mitchell Trubisky's rookie year and you wonder if John Fox will be fired during or after the regular season.

Seahawks @ 49ers: The 49ers are coming off their first win of the season and with the way Seattle is playing right now, it's possible more so than the Browns beating the Bengals that the 49ers get their second win of the year. Seahawks are now trailing the Rams in the NFC West and hope to keep their playoff hopes alive with a win here.

Broncos @ Raiders: John Elway can't fire himself for not having a Plan B behind Peyton Manning so he fired Mike McCoy instead. The Raiders meanwhile were more justified in firing defensive coordinator Ken Norton. I imagine the Broncos are doing heavy scouting on the 2018 QB Class, meanwhile I imagine Mack will foaming at the mouth looking to take down Paxton Lynch.

Saints @ Rams: I still can't believe the NFL only flexed this game to 4:25pm, incredible considering what's on the line here. It didn't help that the Rams have already lost one battle to the Vikings last week, a loss here to the Saints will only kiss their BYE week plans out the window.

Jaguars @ Cardinals: The Jaguars defense gets to beat up on a helpless Cardinals offense, and move along as they hope to get a BYE in the AFC Playoff race.

Packers @ Steelers: Ravens lose by 3 to the Titans, Steelers blow out the Titans. Ravens shut out the Packers, Packers beat the Steelers? Brett Hundley, their secondary is much weaker than ours, take advantage of it. We believe in you!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
with the bills now reverting to tyrod and the chiefs putting out 2-3 awful performances in a row, im almost tempted to think the bills might win this matchup especially if tyrod's trying extra hard to attract suitors for next year...

while rams vikings last week was our first heavyweight matchup - i feel like rams saints is a more exciting one in terms of the brands of football we might get - this are both teams with incredibly efficient offences who also have strong performers on defence to tighten up in big moments - it's hard to pick against the saints but im also not sure i can see the rams losing twice in a row - dude you so nearly could have got an amazing pun in your saints rams blurb too:
a loss here to the Saints will only kiss their BYE week plans goodBYE...

chargers cowboys is an interesting game to see the true effect of missing zeke - tyron smith is likely to be back and just in time for the cowboys given that they will be facing the most destructive pair of edge rushers in the nfl - the chargers are a fun team to watch but in the back of your mind is always the idea that they might find some newfangled way to lose heartbreakingly every week

vikings lions is also big in detroit - vikings are the cream of the nfl after beating the rams - who'd have thought that case keenum would not only get them into this position but keep teddy bridgewater on the bench holding the clipboard for him - that being said, this game is in detroit on a short week and matthew stafford is playing as well as any qb in the league at times this season - and if marvin jones has one of his good games then even xavier rhodes and harrison smith will struggle to cope with this lions receiving corps - kenny golladay has been huge for them as a viable 3rd option at receiver - the lions legitimately look so much more effective with golladay healthy - that being said im not sure the lions have the defence to stop the vikings either - id err on the side of the vikings in this game but im not certain its as clearcut as many would think

im also not sure im gonna bother with the primetime games this weekend (outside of texans ravens) - rams saints deserved to be flexed into primetime but you know what im glad it wasnt so that i can get an early night's sleep for once and not care about watching the steelers stomp on an overmatched packers team - the only question i have about SNF is how long that poor bar in wisconsin is gonna be giving out free beer for come sunday night or will hundley and the offence put them out of their misery early on...

broncos and raiders is intriguing if only that 2 new coordinators will be going head to head in competition of 2 of the worst units in the nfl in a now paxton lynch led broncos offence and a not-ken-norton run raiders defence (although it sounds like much like mccoy in denver, norton was scapegoated in oakland apparently del rio had his hands all over the defence in oakland) but anyway neither unit can get much worse but for both units this should be a get healthy game - something has to give, they cant both be awful and ineffectual at the same time going against each other

VT-Nina

Practice Squad
Happy Turkey Day, football fans! First quarter of the Vikings Lions game is on and the house is smelling good as the turkey roasts. Looks like the Vikings will put the first points on the board today.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
vikings offence looks so efficient - case keenum is legitimately playing well for a starter not just for a backup - he's seeing the field so well and delivering on time and to the right guys - it helps that in stefon diggs and adam thielen he's got guys he can rely on to get open all over the field

rossihunter2

Staff Member
patchwork vikings oline (in name rather than actual changes/injuries) has really gelled this year and is blocking really well - nick easton who we got rid of to the 49ers for nothing has done well at left gaurd, riley reiff has been a surprise at left tackle and their rookie pat elflein is pretty good and mike remmers has also been a surprise

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Vikings should find a trade partner for Bridgewater and keep Keenum as the starting QB.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
My envy of the Vikings offense is somewhat kept in check by the fact I have Thielen, Diggs, Keenum and Rudolph on my fantasy teams.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
thielen with another huge first down and then diggs with a nice 10 yard gainer

thielen legitimately is playing at an all pro level this year - how this guy didnt get an invite to the combine is crazy

id petition any media guys with votes on the all pro that the 2nd spot next to antonio brown (im afraid) should go to thielen