• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and the Savage: Week 12 Edition

Inqui

Pro Bowler
Start with the ugly.

screen-shot-2017-11-27-at-7-29-22-pm.jpg

(also summing up the offence in one picture)

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Playcalling to conservative for only having 4 point lead.

Jimmy got his cheerios ate up.
Brandon Carr sucks and caused us points. What happened with Humphrey?

Why did we keep running up the gut when it wasn't working.

Suggs is still a beast.
Z mith also sucks.
Flacco didn't play too good but he sure was mobile today.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Suggs and Henry played great.
Jefferson and Alex Collins were good.
Jimmy and Carr were picked apart by Hopkins, that was ugly to watch. and I'm not sure whether Jimmy's banged up leg has anything to do with it.
I can't decide what was worse - our offense or the refs.
I'll take the W though.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sorry. I can't get on board with this team. They are very close to unwatchable in terms of their offensive play.

We've played exactly one decent quarterback all year. And at the first sign of one, we're going to get trashed.

Our offense cannot get out of its own way and if not for the Dismal opposition, would not stand a chance of getting up on a team.

It's clearly time to draft a quarterback or find a way to bring in a capable one. Joe did as close to nothing as one could do to help this team win today.

The empty seats at our Monday night home game are embarrassing but completely understandable.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
UGLY:
  • marty still hasnt learnt anything and doesnt know how to call offence - all the bye has done is added a decent playcall once every 3-4 drives
  • play action gave joe so much more time (and funny how we've literally only run it at the beginning of games or just after the half)
  • defensive personnel in the first half was a mess - ZDS in the game way too much, bowser in the game way too little (he had 1 great stunt on a 4 man rush which came in behind willie henry and looked good - marlon humphrey didnt play hardly at all which is crazy given that he's our most physical corner (we all said this whole week that this was a bad matchup for jimmy but marlon might matchup well vs hopkins) - lardarius webb playing way too many snaps at the beginning of the game at slot corner (canady didnt play great but he was better than webby
  • perriman being active - maybe he's getting open or whatever but if we arent gonna look his way or throw to him when hes got a chance to make a play then dont have him waste a spot (coz he aint doing anything for special teams) that could go to camp or wormley (camp who's been great on punt returns all year and wormley who might maybe help this pass rush given that he graded out well in limited snaps in the passing game and is the most natural 5tech we have on the roster)
  • Refereeing - we've not had great reffing this year in ravens games but youd think in primetime we might get a fair shot but no this might have taken the cake by just being insidious on marginal calls for huge yardage and non-calls on the texans too - in fact the standard of reffing in week 12 has been appalling around the whole league - the NFL is the richest sport in the world yet cant somehow afford to make all plays reviewable and cant afford to have more than 24 full time refs??? that's stupid
GOOD: flacco runs, 1 deep ball, sam koch, DIME DEFENCE BABY!

Good: Defense closed it out with two turnovers in five minutes. Tony Jefferson got his first pick.

Bad: Pass Rush was nonexistent, offense was bad as usual, and DeAndre Hopkins, walked...WALKED all over this defense.

I'll take the win but we're going to play a much tougher offense next week so Joe and these WRs need to step up. Also, Marty has to be gone by the off-season. I just can't take it anymore.

Looks like on of those old PS1 FMV's
Which is pretty preposterous considering average basic 3D models these days look way better than that. It’s almost like they decided to render it on a windows 95 machine.

To be fair to Perriman, Maclin finished with 6 yards on the day, I think the WR group as a whole didn't do anything today. This offense was simply dreadful today on all levels except for the run game and pass protection.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
To be fair to Perriman, Maclin finished with 6 yards on the day, I think the WR group as a whole didn't do anything today. This offense was simply dreadful today on all levels except for the run game and pass protection.

mike wallace played the role of perriman today by dropping everything that went near him
perriman played the role of wallace today by disappearing from sight for most of the game