• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offense Thread

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
We have a thread dedicated to a few different ideas based around the offense, same with the offense, but we also have a general defense thread. Thought we should create one for the offense as a whole after I saw this stat.

Russell Wilson has accounted for 311.8 passing + rushing yards per game this season. Not only is that figure the highest in the NFL, it is more than 5 teams this season: the Giants, Bears, Dolphins, Ravens, and Bengals.

This made me sick.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
We have a thread dedicated to a few different ideas based around the offense, same with the offense, but we also have a general defense thread. Thought we should create one for the offense as a whole after I saw this stat.

Russell Wilson has accounted for 311.8 passing + rushing yards per game this season. Not only is that figure the highest in the NFL, it is more than 5 teams this season: the Giants, Bears, Dolphins, Ravens, and Bengals.

This made me sick.
What makes it sicker is the fact Wilson is playing behind one of the worst O lines in the league.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
What makes it sicker is the fact Wilson is playing behind one of the worst O lines in the league.
I just don't understand how a single player is accounting for more offense than our quarterback and all of our backs combined. That's just... how does that even happen? And it isn't like 300 yards is that much, either.

K-Dog

MVP
I heard an interesting stat this morning.
While the Ravens are 31st in yards we are 18 in points scored.

That tells me two things.
We are efficient, and we do we in field position.

redrum52

Hall of Famer

That number shocked me too, until I realized where we sat in the turnover department meaning we're getting more chances. Also, not sure if they are counting defenses tds.

We're #1 in takeaways.

Last edited:

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

I'm not sure I'd call that efficient. With this many turnovers our defense has created and the best in AFC return yards on punts, efficient offense would have been closer to top 5 in scoring.

There are numerous times where we absolutely shat a bed not being able to get even into (Tucker's !!) FG range with short field.

Offense has been nothing short of catastrophically bad all season.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
https://forum.russellstreetreport.com/showthread.php?159458-All-22-Camera-on-Offense

Read post 1 of that thread and click on each image. It opens a link and shows that on all incompletions bar 3 passes literally no one is open.

Our scheme sucks ass
We all agree on our scheme - it's total shit.
But tell me, how many times do you think Flacco did not let plays to develop fully (in the majority of these screenshots he doesn't seem to be under any pressure) or anticipated where the WR might get open? NFL QB can't fucking wait to see the open receiver, by the time he does, it's usually too late.

And that leads us back to complete indifference on Flacco's part to make something work with his pass catchers. Even after missing entire training camp but now supposedly healthy, he can't be assed to put in extra work during the long week off because "he's not required to be in the building"? Fuck that. You've pocketed more than $100 million, and you're playing at historically bad level but you don't see you need to practice more with your offense?

Makes me wanna puke all over his SB ring.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Their offensive line has actually been pretty good. Duane Brown, Luke Joeckel, and Britt are playing really well without anyone talking about it... They've had a couple injuries but they actually are performing better than most think.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just don't understand how a single player is accounting for more offense than our quarterback and all of our backs combined. That's just... how does that even happen? And it isn't like 300 yards is that much, either.
That happens whey you pick a really good QB in the draft and then coach him up well and then play to his strengths. None of these apply to the Ravens sadly.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Their offensive line has actually been pretty good. Duane Brown, Luke Joeckel, and Britt are playing really well without anyone talking about it... They've had a couple injuries but they actually are performing better than most think.
I watched couple games, they were atrocious. If Wilson didn't have the ability to run like he does, he'd be in hospital right now.
They have Brown only since 2-3 weeks ago.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
I watched couple games, they were atrocious. If Wilson didn't have the ability to run like he does, he'd be in hospital right now.
They have Brown only since 2-3 weeks ago.
Yeah but if you have watched the last few Seahawks games they have been miles better than what they have been the past few years.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
https://forum.russellstreetreport.com/showthread.php?159458-All-22-Camera-on-Offense

Read post 1 of that thread and click on each image. It opens a link and shows that on all incompletions bar 3 passes literally no one is open.

Our scheme sucks ass

No is saying he's a good OC. The problem is, when is the throw being made, anticipating routes and dissecting the coverages pre and post snap. Problem with a lot of stills even the one where someone was wide open underneath is things can change in a split second where a guy either looks wide open or covered. Video is the best way to really tell. Also, only made it through a few but it looks like the ball is getting out early, but don't know for sure.

@allblackraven can't fault Joe for cashing in. I'll never get mad at a player for profiting when they can. That's on the FO.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
No is saying he's a good OC. The problem is, when is the throw being made, anticipating routes and dissecting the coverages pre and post snap. Problem with a lot of stills even the one where someone was wide open underneath is things can change in a split second where a guy either looks wide open or covered. Video is the best way to really tell. Also, only made it through a few but it looks like the ball is getting out early, but don't know for sure.

@allblackraven can't fault Joe for cashing in. I'll never get mad at a player for profiting when they can. That's on the FO.
I'm not mad at him cashing in. He had balls, made a bet on himself and played like a champ in that SB run.
I am mad at him for not showing any desire to improve this whole circus of the offense since he cashed in.

NYSE5

Practice Squad

Justin Tucker kicking 60 yard field goals makes the Ravens offense appear more efficient than it truly is

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
And then he goes making snarky comment on Sam Koch's pass "he has some passing ability but I'm not sure he knows whats going on over there".

When exactly was the last time Flacco pulled safety off coverage with his eyes, then threw receiver open?