• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Pro Bowl Voting

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
damn that's bad - jimmy, ronnie, jensen, cj, jimmy, sizzle, tuck, koch and levine could all argue they are worthy of pro bowl nods - now obviously not all of them could or should get in but id say jimmy, ronnie, tuck, koch definitely should be in
Without a doubt. Not enough fans are voting and it doesn’t happen on its own. I’ll continue voting, but the big market teams are winning out again.....

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
If he got in and no one else, I’d be cool with it. Not happy, but ok with it.
Yeah, I think he's definitely one of the most deserving. I would also add Tucker, Koch, CJ, and Stanley as guys I want to see getting some recognition.

The problem with the voting system is that it takes a lot of time to go through and choose everyone I want. The twitter system is sort of easier, but I have to answer all of these questions before I can vote for someone. It's very time consuming, and I just don't have the time to spam Jimmy's name on twitter.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If people don’t have the time. Go in and vote for everyone you would like, then go back and vote for Ravens players you feel are deserving on the 2nd 3rd 4th etc...

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
If people don’t have the time. Go in and vote for everyone you would like, then go back and vote for Ravens players you feel are deserving on the 2nd 3rd 4th etc...
I only ever vote for Ravens players because they're the guys I know best.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I will actually kill if Tucker and Koch aren't the two guys on special teams. Suggs deserves it so much but doesn't have a chance. Would love to have Jimmy in also.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Tucker, koch and mosley will get imo. Idk about the rest
I agree with this. Jimmy Smith still is a no named corner in the league in the fans eyes. He may be an alternate but I doubt he actually gets it even though he is deserving. Brandon Williams same thing no sacks on his stats so he will be snubbed. Stanley may just because of injuries but I could see more veteran guys getting the nod just because they have been in the league before.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Rhodes was the best corner in NFL last year and still playing well.
Rhodes is a great cornerback but Jimmy Smith has had a better season than him this year imo.

The issue I have with the pro bowl is players like Julio Jones, who I think is the most talented WR and the first WR I would want on my franchise if it started today, isn't deserving this year. His stats are inflated by a couple big games and has been a non-factor in several others but he will still get in. Von Miller hasn't had a great of a year but he will get in because it is Von Miller. A lot of players get in just because of the name. It's not taking away that they are great players, but other players have outplayed them THIS SEASON.

Which is why I like how there is a coach and players poll as well that factors in.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I agree with this. Jimmy Smith still is a no named corner in the league in the fans eyes. He may be an alternate but I doubt he actually gets it even though he is deserving. Brandon Williams same thing no sacks on his stats so he will be snubbed. Stanley may just because of injuries but I could see more veteran guys getting the nod just because they have been in the league before.

i just dont see how there could possibly be more than 4-5 tackles voted in ahead of him - i did a list at one point somewhere but at this point the only tackles who will qualify for pro bowl voting who would likely be ahead of him on playing merit would be tyron smith, taylor lewan, andrew whitworth and not sure who else off the top of my head given all the injuries

Rhodes was the best corner in NFL last year and still playing well.
He's playing well but there are very few CBs playing better then Jimmy. Rhodes was great last year though I would argue in favor of Talib or Hayward but this year Jimmy has been better and it's not even close.