• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Pittsburgh

K-Dog

MVP
and just like that, it is steelers week.

This game needed no hype. It needs no explanation.

We will be heading into pitts-burgh without Jimmy and that is a HUGE disadvantage, but not insurmountable.
I think we know enough about what we are getting into that compensations and adjustments can be made.

I don't see us getting a shutout, but I see strong potential for a win in pitts-burgh.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Jimmy frustrates AB so much because of how he plays press on him. We are going to miss this. Yes Marlon can play press, but he’s a rookie.

Let’s hope pees comes up with a good game plan and rolls safety help over to Marlon’s side

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
ill be interested in the snap counts because i didnt notice timmy in the game today once - and bowser looked good in limited snaps although he did a pretty annoying ZDS impression on a sack attempt
He was in there. Not sure how long, but he definitely played in the 4th quarter.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
ill be interested in the snap counts because i didnt notice timmy in the game today once - and bowser looked good in limited snaps although he did a pretty annoying ZDS impression on a sack attempt
Yeah I know what you’re referring to as well. Also didn’t see twill

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I have this game penciled in as an L. But if Flacco plays like that again, we're a tough team to beat. Hopefully we don't shit the bed this go around.

K-Dog

MVP
I too had this as a L when the schedule came out, but seeing how our D has been playing has me rethinking. I really don't know what to predict. I likely will change my mind 5,000 between now and sunday night.

No matter what it is going to be a typical Ravens steelers game. Lots of chippy hard hitting smash mouth football. Six points or less, game decided on the last play.

THE GREATEST RIVALRY IN THE NFL.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Jimmy or no Jimmy, I had/have this game as a loss. If our offense doesn't shit the bed and we can keep it close, then yes, there's a chance.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
No matter what state the Ravens are in each season, I always look forward to these games. It's such a plus that Pittsburgh will be on a short week and they're playing a division rival which is usually physical and takes a toll on players.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Mentioned this in another thread......squealers will be on a short week playing in Cinci tomorrow night. Let’s hope the bungles tenderize them a bit.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If the offense has a repeat performance, then we need to send a goon on the field to break ABs legs, because without jimmy smith we can't stop AB, no way in hell.

Our entire defense is gonna play excellent but one corner is gonna let AB roast the fuck out of us all night and the game likely will never be close. This is one game i simply see no way we win. AB might legitimately have 20 catches for 120+ yards

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
If the offense has a repeat performance, then we need to send a goon on the field to break ABs legs, because without jimmy smith we can't stop AB, no way in hell.

Our entire defense is gonna play excellent but one corner is gonna let AB roast the fuck out of us all night and the game likely will never be close. This is one game i simply see no way we win. AB might legitimately have 20 catches for 120+ yards
Giving more help to AB will result in more running lanes for Lev Bell. Pees is gonna have nightmares over this one.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
IF and I cannot stress that if enough the Ravens are able to pull off a win against the Steelers I actually would prefer the Bengals win on Monday. Unfortunately its the Bengals and primetime but if by some miracle the Ravens can pull it out after the Bengals pull it out the Patriots are probably going to beat them in 2 weeks and suddenly like that the Ravens have the division lead.

However if the Ravens lose to the Steelers next week all this does is give the Bengals a chance to get back into the playoff hunt and it would be better for Pitt to just finish off there season.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

If he has 20 catches for 120 yards we did an okay job containing him because that is only 6 yards per catch.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
For these games nothing related to current record / form matters. It's always 50/50.
Be good if the Bengals can soften them up a little.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I had this penciled as a loss like many others but I think we get the win here and make the division interesting in the final weeks. Flacco shows up once again, and this time the defense holds steady.

Ravens 28
Steelers 17