• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Antonio Cromartie Reaches Out to the Ravens

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
After the injury to Jimmy Smith, Antonio reached out to the Ravens via twitter.

Note, Weddle responded with a "let's goooooo"

Looks like he is in favor of bringing him in.

What are your thoughts on Antonio? He is a 33 year old CB who has been sitting since the beginning of the season.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
The only thing he would lead the team in is babies made. Despite Flacco being on the team.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
I think the team has enough veteran leadership in the secondary with Weddle, TJ, and Carr. I think Cromartie has a lot to still work on in his personal life. I don't think he would bring an upgrade, and would likely be depth. I would rather see how Humphrey, Canaday, and Hill can do. It is scary because not many of them have experience, but I think with the way this season is going, you go with your young guys and see them develop for future seasons. Plus the only way the Ravens would have a shot in the playoffs to go anywhere is through strong CB play and so those young guys need to step up.

I don't have any strong feelings about it. If they want to add him and drop say Jean-Baptiste then I wouldn't be mad. If they ignore his plea entirely, I wouldn't blame them.

He'd just ride the pine most likely unless the young guys really screw up and even if they do I don't think Antonio Cromartie would be capable of saving the secondary.

Tru11

Practice Squad
we could use someone that can catch passes.

K-Dog

MVP
We have decent depth.
Now if all that depth goes down the crapper, maybe, but I just don't see any of that happening.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Cromartie just isn't that good anymore and even in his prime, he got burned too often for my liking. Are any of his kids old enough to play? lol

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Cromartie just isn't that good anymore and even in his prime, he got burned too often for my liking. Are any of his kids old enough to play? lol
Breaking News: Cromartie reaches out to Ravens to get signed, still has yet to reach out to 24 of his kids.