• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 Draft: Most Discussed Area of Need?

What will be baltimore's most discussed position group for the 2022 draft

• Total voters

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We’re in uncharted waters here boys, when this draft season rolls around, we might, for the very first time, not make WR the most discussed position… so wtf are we gonna do then??

we’re right before preseason, so let’s get raw predictions based on our offseason, see how it differs come April

edit: dammit, I meant to add a poll lol, doesnt seem to let me add one in edit

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
We’re in uncharted waters here boys, when this draft season rolls around, we might, for the very first time, not make WR the most discussed position… so wtf are we gonna do then??

we’re right before preseason, so let’s get raw predictions based on our offseason, see how it differs come April

THANK GOD! Hopefully the round 1 WR discussion will be put to bed for a few years with Bateman crushing it. Next year will be a boring but necessary Offensive lineman selection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i can add one - what do you want it to say....

"what will be this year's most discussed position?"
and then list all the positions?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i'm pretty confident OL's gonna be up there

without knowing anything about the strength of the class or where we'll be picking it's hard to say but OL feels like a safe bet...

i think DB will be high on the list too - jimmy another year older, averett a free agent, deshon a free agent, tavon and MP will be entering the last years of their deals - obviously some of that will be affected by free agency but... still feels like we're gonna be talking about DB a lot, especially safety unless we see one of the rookies ball out in year 1 (thinking brandon stephens or ardarius washington)

i loved this year's corner class and thought some good prospects went a lot later than i was expecting...
but i really didnt like the safety group and i hope that changes this year

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I'm feeling uncomfortable about our OL right now, so that's what I'm going with. I think DL and DB would also be good positions to address early next year.

ChainedBird

Practice Squad
Maybe OL, but I'm going to go DL. Could see Calais, BWills (and maybe Wolfe) gone/retired at the end of the season, they're all getting long in the tooth and expensive (without checking, I think the above three combine for nearly what Lamar might get). If the caliber of DL in the draft is better than this years than it'd be great to get a blue blood running mate for Madubuike and/or a new nose tackle for the next decade.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'd love for the Ravens to take a look at Darian Kinnard out of Kentucky. A massive, surprisingly athletic RT.
I’m not a fan, he almost seems like he’s winding up before engaging any defender, he’s a fucking powerhouse but he has zero twitch from what I can tell.

Kenyon green hopefully will be out of our range, and I say hopefully because I’m near certain he’s gonna be a top 20 pick.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Will be interesting to see how this ages. I don't think we need a first round OT, with Ju'Wuan James on the team and Mekari surprising at RT, but I do believe we should draft another tackle and definitely believe we could be drafting IDL on day 1 or 2. Could also go CB on day 1 or 2.

It's going to be an interesting draft and feel a bit different since we don't have WR needs and no one will be #SIIE'ing a WR in round one.

Here are OL/DL from PFF's Preseason watch list:

5. DL Demarvin Leal, Texas A&M
6. OT Evan Neal, Alabama
11. IOL Tyler Linderbaum, Iowa
15. OT Jaxson Kirkland, Washington
17. OT Kenyon Green, Texas A&M
25. OT Ikem Ekwonu, NC State
31. DL Jordan Davis, Georgia
41. OT Darian Kinnard, Kentucky
42. OT Thayer Munford, Ohio St
44. DL Jermayne Lole, Arizona St
49. OT Rasheed Walker, Penn St
51. OT Nicholas Petit-Frere, Ohio St
52. DL Drake Jackson, USC
53. DL Travis Jones, Connecticut
54. OT Daniel Faalele, Minnesota
55. OT Zion Nelson, Miami (FL)
58. DL Haskell Garrett, Ohio St
60. OT Charles Cross, Mississippi St
67. DL Perrion Winfrey, Oklahoma
70. IOL Dohnovan West, Arizona St
71. IOL Jarrett Patterson, Notre Dame
74. DL Tyler Davis, Clemson
85. OT Obinna Eze, TCU
86. IOL Dylan Parham, Memphis
89. OT Sean Rhyan, UCLA
96. DL Tvondre Sweat, Texas
98. OT Trevor Penning, Northern Iowa

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I hope Jordan Davis doesn't go at 31, we're going to need a new NT when we win the SB.

haha - jordan davis is a tough one in terms of where you draft him - he's an absolute freak of nature who's so overpowering in the running game but he doesnt offer much in the passing game (not that he cant in the future just that right now he's all brute force and bull) which makes it hard to justify drafting in round 1

but maybe at the end of the 1st you take that risk on a guy who's gonna be a dominant run defender....

not sure yet - and this of course is only off a cursory look because ive not done any proper tape study yet

ChainedBird

Practice Squad
@ChainedBird - was paying attention to davis today - really notable that he didnt play a lot of snaps

That's interesting, I wonder if he's been on a heavy workload to this point. Often see the big guys getting gassed at the college level before they hit the NFL and learn how to be both big and athletic.

My sneaky hope is that with the relatively small pool of teams looking for a NT he might drop into the 2nd (or heck even 3rd) round range. Though it doesn't help that last year was such a poor draft for the D-line...

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That's interesting, I wonder if he's been on a heavy workload to this point. Often see the big guys getting gassed at the college level before they hit the NFL and learn how to be both big and athletic.

My sneaky hope is that with the relatively small pool of teams looking for a NT he might drop into the 2nd (or heck even 3rd) round range. Though it doesn't help that last year was such a poor draft for the D-line...

i was reading up on it and it seems like georgia fans have been talking about him only play 15-20 snaps every single game (obviously i have not verified that as fact but i wouldnt be surprised based on his usage yesterday)

We need to protect Lamar and build the best line in the league.

We live or die by him and cannot waste his prime like the Seahawks did with Russell Wilson running for his life, or Aaron Rodgers getting beat to hell.