• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Cleveland

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Who better to take our frustrations out on... I expect a full throttle ass kicking.

FUCK OFF FACTORY OF SADNESS

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't care at this point. I've seen enough from this team to know that it's a JAT. (Just another team that isn't a contender)

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I don't care at this point. I've seen enough from this team to know that it's a JAT. (Just another team that isn't a contender)
I wouldn't say we're JAT. If anything tonight indicated that we're an actually healthy squad away from being very good if we can make a few key additions.

Remember, the AFC only has one real contender: The Patriots. And there time is coming up soon.

I know you have (unrealistically) high expectations for us(I know.. You want an all pro at every position. That's not possible. No team in the league has that). We hung it in there was a pretty good team tonight.

Fucking injuries.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wouldn't say we're JAT. If anything tonight indicated that we're an actually healthy squad away from being very good if we can make a few key additions.

Remember, the AFC only has one real contender: The Patriots. And there time is coming up soon.

I know you have (unrealistically) high expectations for us(I know.. You want an all pro at every position. That's not possible. No team in the league has that). We hung it in there was a pretty good team tonight.

Fucking injuries.

Could we please make pass rush a priority? We havent drafted an elite to very good pass rusher since i was 18 (do the math)

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Could we please make pass rush a priority? We havent drafted an elite to very good pass rusher since i was 18 (do the math)
Because they clearly grow on trees.

Have patience. The two rookies are just that.. Rookies. We don't need them to become all pros off the bat. Plenty of players have struggled in their rookie seasons to become high level contributors

Team has a bright future. Hopefully we can keep it up

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
i'm talking also about the interior. The FO seem to have this allergic reaction to a DT or DE that is a dominant pass rusher. Rather plug in fat guys to stop the run :/

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
i'm talking also about the interior. The FO seem to have this allergic reaction to a DT or DE that is a dominant pass rusher. Rather plug in fat guys to stop the run :/
I don't disagree that if the opportunity to take a dominant DT arises that we should take one but those guys don't grow on trees and are hard to find. That said, I'd say getting a rotational DL who can put decent pressure on the QB wouldn't be a bad idea. Henry is good as a interior rusher, but he's just one man. Another one would likely have more of an impact than you'd think.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
with all due respect, henry isn't some special talent. He's solid.
we have too much solid but not enough WOW

brandon williams is solid
Michael pierce is solid
Willie henry is solid

everyone is ''solid''

thats the problem..no one is DOMINANT in both Run and Pass

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
with all due respect, henry isn't some special talent. He's solid.
we have too much solid but not enough WOW

brandon williams is solid
Michael pierce is solid
Willie henry is solid

everyone is ''solid''

thats the problem..no one is DOMINANT in both Run and Pass
Not saying he is. He's a good all around player. Your expectations are just way too high. We can't have an elite player at every, or even most positions. The salary cap doesn't allow for that to happen. I know you want an all pro everywhere... But that's an impossible thing to do. Having a bunch of solid players in the trenches is not a bad thing by any stretch of the word. It doesn't reach your expectations, and I understand that, but this team's main issue right now is injuries more than anything.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not saying he is. He's a good all around player. Your expectations are just way too high. We can't have an elite player at every, or even most positions. The salary cap doesn't allow for that to happen. I know you want an all pro everywhere... But that's an impossible thing to do. Having a bunch of solid players in the trenches is not a bad thing by any stretch of the word. It doesn't reach your expectations, and I understand that, but this team's main issue right now is injuries more than anything.

Let's be clear
We only miss

Yanda
Jimmy
Alex Collins > kenneth dixon so no
James Hurst at LG > Alex Lewis ( most overrated player in the FO)

Tavon is a good player but nothing that other teams havent lost by now.

only two big losses are yanda and jimmy. Dixon being injured was a blessing in disguise.

The main issues are bad drafting.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Let's be clear
We only miss

Yanda
Jimmy
Alex Collins > kenneth dixon so no
James Hurst at LG > Alex Lewis ( most overrated player in the FO)

Tavon is a good player but nothing that other teams havent lost by now.

only two big losses are yanda and jimmy. Dixon being injured was a blessing in disguise.

The main issues are bad drafting.
Kenneth Dixon > Buck and we rely heavily on a rotation so yes saying that we miss Dixon is valid. That three headed rushing attack next season is something I am honestly excited for.

Tavon is a stud in the slot. We've gotten burned with Webb there at points this season, so yes we've missed him. (And another reason. Webb was good as a safety but was more or less forced to play slot CB this year due to injuries).

2013 was not as bad as most people think(we wiffed on the first two picks but got a top tier NT, starting caliber RT, and a starting center out of it in Jensen)
2014 was good until we foolishly traded Jernigan away.
I'll give you 2015. That looks like a disaster. Buck Allen is our best player from that draft. Jesus.
2016 looks like Ozzie's best draft in a decade(franchise LT, good slot CB, starting OLB, starting dlinemen, integral rotational RB, and integral rotational DB. That's a damn good haul for any team. This draft might win us a SB)
2017 looks good too. Humphrey looks like a #1 CB, Bowser and Williams have both flashed their ability. They need development but the most recent draft class still looks rock solid.

And when two of the players that we have missed are massively high impact players and force people out of certain positions(especially factoring in that we went several games without the likes of Canaday and Woodhead), and players like Maclin, Mosley, and others clearly struggling with lingering issues to some degree. Then yes, injuries are the main clupret.

Getting Jimmy and Tavon back is gonna do wonders for the secondary, and the front seven(more coverage sacks in all likelihood) and getting Yanda back puts him next to a good center in Jensen. Get a good LG in the draft and suddenly we have one of the best interiors in the league which we can use the three headed rushing attack to kill other people.

We need more people in the skill positions. Most of the drafts recently have not been terrible. We've just been unlucky with injuries.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Kenneth Dixon > Buck and we rely heavily on a rotation so yes saying that we miss Dixon is valid. That three headed rushing attack next season is something I am honestly excited for.

Tavon is a stud in the slot. We've gotten burned with Webb there at points this season, so yes we've missed him. (And another reason. Webb was good as a safety but was more or less forced to play slot CB this year due to injuries).

2013 was not as bad as most people think(we wiffed on the first two picks but got a top tier NT, starting caliber RT, and a starting center out of it in Jensen)
2014 was good until we foolishly traded Jernigan away.
I'll give you 2015. That looks like a disaster. Buck Allen is our best player from that draft. Jesus.
2016 looks like Ozzie's best draft in a decade(franchise LT, good slot CB, starting OLB, starting dlinemen, integral rotational RB, and integral rotational DB. That's a damn good haul for any team. This draft might win us a SB)
2017 looks good too. Humphrey looks like a #1 CB, Bowser and Williams have both flashed their ability. They need development but the most recent draft class still looks rock solid.

And when two of the players that we have missed are massively high impact players and force people out of certain positions(especially factoring in that we went several games without the likes of Canaday and Woodhead), and players like Maclin, Mosley, and others clearly struggling with lingering issues to some degree. Then yes, injuries are the main clupret.

Getting Jimmy and Tavon back is gonna do wonders for the secondary, and the front seven(more coverage sacks in all likelihood) and getting Yanda back puts him next to a good center in Jensen. Get a good LG in the draft and suddenly we have one of the best interiors in the league which we can use the three headed rushing attack to kill other people.

We need more people in the skill positions. Most of the drafts recently have not been terrible. We've just been unlucky with injuries.

Bowser and T.Williams have shown nothing. We always give rookies the benefit of the doubt but i've seen enough to know its more likely they don't amount to what we hope. Humphrey is the only guy in this draftclass thats shown anything.

I never want to see picks like kaufusi, correa and wormley again. EVER. it's like Kapron Lewis moore BS

Jimmy being back and being good is no sure thing either.
The other problem is that this FO considers Alex Lewis to be a stud LG