• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ravensnation just another mock

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I dont like making projections for free agency as its a frenzy but i assume we cut Carr and Maclin, bring in another WR, resign Jensen. Thats about all i can guess lol. Anyways, mock time:

Round 1- A: Ronnie Harrison S Bama- not sure he makes it here and he probably wont...but if he does, hes a perfect fit. Gives us size and speed at the safety position. Would match up great vs TEs and can come down in run support with a thump! Sorry tony jefferson...

B: Bryce Love RB Stanford- wont be a popular pick around here but i have him #2 in my RB rankings. Him and Collins would make for a crazy combo for years to come. I know its a bit of a stretch but his film is top 20 talent in my eyes. Tough as nails and smart. If you question his love for the game then watch his tape and remember that hes been playing through a high ankle sprain since mid october. (Be limping after every game)

My dream guy is Roquan Smith at this point. Just imagine him having him and Mosely. Smith wouldnt even have to worry about calling the plays, he can just fly.

Round 2- This has to be a reciever right? Just any reciever. Miller/Kirk/Cain anyone??? St. Brown maybe? One guy i think could join the conversation is Marcell Ateman. I think getting a reciever in the second will give us the best value we could get at the position. Round 2 just seems like the right place to nab one this year (like was supposed to be last year.)

Round 3-pick 1- Darius Philips CB WMU- speed demon who's a great returner. Has 6 pick 6's for his career. His film is fun to watch other than that. Has great fluidity in his hips and knows how to locate the football (former WR). Would provide us with solid depth and return potential. Only neg is hes not pbysical in run support, not the best tackler (shows he can be physical in press man though) I really like what we could do with this kid. He has great potential and we develop CB really well. Love the fit

Round 3- pick 2- Jaylen Samuels WR/RB (flex) NCstate- really productive with solid hands, physical with the ball in his hands. Tough to give him a position (5'11 230) looks like a running back and runs like one but has exceptional hands and route running ability. Could be an excellent weapon for us. I would love to see Greg Roman use him if hes our OC next year.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
@JoeyFlex5 @rossihunter2 @Jacquouille @RaineV1 @Lost_In_Translation Yall gotta get on the Darius Philips hype train. Kid has crazy fun tape! In 3 years he has 12 picks (5 returned for touchdowns) a strip and recovery for a touchdown, 35 passes defensed, and 6 career return for touchdowns.

Question his play vs the top? Well vs ohio st he had 2 picks in one game and vs michigan st he had the strip return and a kick return for touchdown

Get on this kids film! Most fun tape ive watched other than Miller.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
@JoeyFlex5 @rossihunter2 @Jacquouille @RaineV1 @Lost_In_Translation Yall gotta get on the Darius Philips hype train. Kid has crazy fun tape! In 3 years he has 12 picks (5 returned for touchdowns) a strip and recovery for a touchdown, 35 passes defensed, and 6 career return for touchdowns.

Question his play vs the top? Well vs ohio st he had 2 picks in one game and vs michigan st he had the strip return and a kick return for touchdown

Bah, crap team, not even in the playoffs :p

Philips is pretty interesting. I'd try him at safety in pros but I'm still little sad we haven't double-dipped on Bama secondary last draft and took Eddie Jackson as well.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I'm not high on Harrison. I just don't see what he'd bring to this team. I'd take Roquan Smith before him no doubt.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

I'll check him out. I gotta say tho I don't love jaylen samuels for this team. We are a power running team and pat ricard at FB has been a dream, and samuels isn't a true H-back as he simply lacks the size, what this team needs is a TE and a WR, not some FB who isn't a great lead blocker and makes an attempt at playing wr. Otherwise I like it. Also I don't like Marcell ateman, you were on with your 2nd round WRs til you named him lol

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I'll check him out. I gotta say tho I don't love jaylen samuels for this team. We are a power running team and pat ricard at FB has been a dream, and samuels isn't a true H-back as he simply lacks the size, what this team needs is a TE and a WR, not some FB who isn't a great lead blocker and makes an attempt at playing wr. Otherwise I like it. Also I don't like Marcell ateman, you were on with your 2nd round WRs til you named him lol
Wait, so you prefer St Brown over Ateman?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Wait, so you prefer St Brown over Ateman?
Yeah, I didn't like what I saw on film, I saw him getting alligator arms and not attacking the ball when he had opportunities to. He loses often when he doesn't have separation, st brown doesn't, AND gets better separation

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Yeah, I didn't like what I saw on film, I saw him getting alligator arms and not attacking the ball when he had opportunities to. He loses often when he doesn't have separation, st brown doesn't, AND gets better separation
I have the exact opposite review on St Brown. Never seen him win the football when he doesn't have separation.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wouldnt call samuels a FB. They dont ask him to block much they just focus on getting the ball in his hands. I dont see him playing any true TE or FB position in the NFL. He can be a RB/slot reciever. The only reason people dont see that is his weight. Take off 20 pounds and hes a 3 down back. I just think he a better pass catcher than runner

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
All i will say is this. If we are picking middle of the pile or in the 20's ozzie will disappoint us with a Bama pick. He must never ever touch a WR again in the draft. Just build a WR core in FA. Perriman should officially scar him for life.

I hope we take Hernandez in the 2nd round if possible. I demand a potentially pro bowl caliber LG.