• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

3 round mock, assuming we make the playoffs

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
My last one of these was largely around the idea we were going to get a top fifteen pick. Now I'm thinking that we'll get in the playoffs and possibly win the wildcard round. Without further ado:

Round 1: Billy Price, G/C, Ohio State

ohio-state-buckeyes-vs-penn-state-nittany-lions-ecb00a4bc37e87b0.jpg

Strong as an ox, very high football IQ, has the Ohio State record for most starts, won the award for best center in college football, and just became a unanimous All American. In my opinion, the difference between Nelson and Price isn't that big. It's actually pretty small.

I know some people are clamoring for a star runningback, but think of the big plays we saw Dixon make out of nothing last year. Think of the big plays we've seen Collins make out of nothing this year. Now picture them running behind someone that'll open holes for them on nearly every single play. Also, Yanda is still human. There's only so many injuries he can come back from, and he's not getting any younger. Price can easily step in as the new franchise guard.

Round 2: Cedrick Wilson, WR, Boise St.

12152935.jpeg

Good combination of size, speed, athleticism, strong hands, and field awareness. He also has pretty good intermediate range route running, finding success against man and zone coverage. He's possibly the most underrated WR in college football. If Wilson played for one of the bigger colleges he'd possibly be a first round pick.

Round 3: Ian Thomas, TE, Indiana

Rutgers_Indiana_Football_95310-673x485.jpg

Ian Thomas is an incredible athlete who has also played basketball and done track and field events. I know he doesn't have eye popping numbers, but that's because he's on an offense that just isn't that good overall. But he is a natural hands catcher and will get plenty of yards after the catch.

Round 3 (comp): Brandon Parker, OT, North Carolina A&T

SFRRWSUFAGFUSHO.20170802212716.jpg

He's a mountain of a man who has been a dominate run blocker. He's a big part of Cohen's college success. And unlike a lot of really big tackles, he's pretty good at getting to the second level and erasing linebackers. Given the big jump from small school college to NFL he might struggle a bit early on (like like KO did when he was first playing for us). But with some time and decent coaching he has the potential to become a pretty good RT in the NFL.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Not familiar with any of these guys but first impression of cedrick Wilson is not one of a second rounder in my eyes

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree, like the mock and the Billy Price pick at our position. Have to watch more tape on Wilson. Are you assuming Miller is gone when we pick in the 2nd.
Yeah, I was assuming he'd be gone, but if he's there then I'd take him over Wilson.