• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 3 Baltimore Ravens @ Detroit Lions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
1pm ET @ Ford Field

Finally a Sunday afternoon game.

Greg Gumbel, Adam Archuleta, & A.J. Ross on the call for CBS

More injury worries to keep an eye on this week - although nothing that's obviously long-term. Statuses of Tavon Young and Deshon Elliott are important to keep an eye on.

In times of old this would be a classic let-down game. The Lions have been competitive through the first 2 weeks. It would be a disaster to overlook them.

Third week in a row where we have to go up against one of the league's top tight ends.

And can the OL continue to improve and show us that week 1 was an aberration?

LSURavenFan

Veteran
Gotta leave Detroit with a win!

The Lions play hard. They may be able to run a bit on the Ravens today, with a depleted Baltimore front.

If the Ravens can play clean and avoid disastrous mistakes, they should be just fine. I don't see the Lions being able to stop the Ravens. Goff is also good for at least one crucial mistake a game.

Go Ravens

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
We must win this game. Cannot trust our defense with all the absences. Offense must win ToP in a big way, much like we did against the Chiefs. We must keep the ball on offense especially because we are so short handed on defense and we need to minimize defensive reps to keep the rotations and possessions low. If we can run the ball successfully and put up points, we win this game comfortably. Let's not forget no game is a 'gimme' in the NFL.

Our run defense being suspect today, we must make the Lions one dimensional and force them to throw. Only way I know we can do that is run the ball and win ToP.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

only 3 inactives - this means jimmy smith ready to go and also daelin hayes first activation of 2021 and probably thrust straight into some snaps

we're light on DL and EDGE and that's the worry - we've lost our 2nd most explosive DL, our best run defending DL and our most accomplished pass rusher for this game

we need a big game from Jelly and Broderick Washington here with Wolfe still out

marklar

Pro Bowler
I don't get deferring with this offense that thrives when getting an early lead. A traditional offense, I get it, but not for this team

Status
Not open for further replies.