• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Trade for a RB1 Late Season

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Perhaps the Jaguars back who looked good. I think we cannot afford to waste a post-season (assuming we make it, and we should) with this backfield and a sharp Lamar. Late in the season assuming all is as it should be, with us in good position to make the playoffs and compete, we need to find a team that has nothing to play for to give us their RB1. Waiting late season has two advantages, we are choosing amongst healthy RBs and the offers should be better since these teams will be out of it. I guess the latest we can wait is up until the trade deadline, but this backfield, understandably so, is just not cutting it. I get angry watching RB1s make plays on other teams, it's a travesty what Lamar is playing with right now.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Perhaps the Jaguars back who looked good. I think we cannot afford to waste a post-season (assuming we make it, and we should) with this backfield and a sharp Lamar. Late in the season assuming all is as it should be, with us in good position to make the playoffs and compete, we need to find a team that has nothing to play for to give us their RB1. Waiting late season has two advantages, we are choosing amongst healthy RBs and the offers should be better since these teams will be out of it. I guess the latest we can wait is up until the trade deadline, but this backfield, understandably so, is just not cutting it. I get angry watching RB1s make plays on other teams, it's a travesty what Lamar is playing with right now.

I have no doubt we pick up a player from one of these teams headed towards a top 5 pick. However I’m not sure it will be RB. IMO OL,DL, and CB are higher priorities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Not happening. Dobbins and Gus should be back fine next year. Then RB1 is relegated to 3 and probably demanding a trade. Then the RB has to learn our system and get familiar with Lamar which I think is part of the problem now. Give the current group time.

ChainedBird

Practice Squad
I have no doubt we pick up a player from one of these teams headed towards a top 5 pick. However I’m not sure it will be RB. IMO OL,DL, and CB are higher priorities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In this scenario if we wanted to keep the player we trade for around more than one season (seems likely) then those positions also make more sense than RB as we should be getting Edwards and Dobbins back next season.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Don't see it. RB1's are usually on cheap, team friendly deals.

If this is a reaction to watching somebody like Robinson last night, I really don't see how the Jags are a better football team, long term or short term, by trading him away. Would they do it for a first or second round pick? Sure, but Ravens would obviously not offer that.

IF the Ravens were to swing a trade for a RB, which I don't think they will, it would be in the class of somebody like Marlon Mack. And many people, like me, would question if he's a significant upgrade over who we have.

Trading for defensive help makes plenty of sense, especially how banged up our secondary is right now. But Oline doesn't seem likely to me either, unless its purely a depth trade. I don't know any team in the league, contender or pretender, who's interested in unloading quality offensive lineman.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
we dont have the cap to make a move for anyone worthwhile who doesnt factor into a team's future...

basically the only guys we can afford are on cheap deals, which means they either suck or they're great value for their team so unlikely that they would get rid of him

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Not happening. Dobbins and Gus should be back fine next year. Then RB1 is relegated to 3 and probably demanding a trade. Then the RB has to learn our system and get familiar with Lamar which I think is part of the problem now. Give the current group time.
and tbh, Ty'son Williams could very well be our #3 next year.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor

If this is a reaction to watching somebody like Robinson last night, I really don't see how the Jags are a better football team, long term or short term, by trading him away. Would they do it for a first or second round pick? Sure, but Ravens would obviously not offer that.

IF the Ravens were to swing a trade for a RB, which I don't think they will, it would be in the class of somebody like Marlon Mack. And many people, like me, would question if he's a significant upgrade over who we have.

Trading for defensive help makes plenty of sense, especially how banged up our secondary is right now. But Oline doesn't seem likely to me either, unless its purely a depth trade. I don't know any team in the league, contender or pretender, who's interested in unloading quality offensive lineman.

I actually do think Mack would be an upgrade

ChainedBird

Practice Squad
I feel like they're testing what they have in those three and once they properly figure it out then Williams will be back.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor

Mack would make the most sense if we made a trade. That is a big IF because i was reading that teams are calling US for a RB. Most likely the guy who was averaging 6.1 a carry that seems to be in the doghouse

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Like I said, we needed a RB. Mack would of got that first down on the option pitch. These running backs are simply terrible, Bell is beyond awful. We have no run game because they can only get perfectly blocked yards. I’ll just keep watching teams like Tampa, LA and the Chiefs make FA moves while we ask ourselves why Tyson and McCuery don’t play

Like I said, we needed a RB. Mack would of got that first down on the option pitch. These running backs are simply terrible, Bell is beyond awful. We have no run game because they can only get perfectly blocked yards. I’ll just keep watching teams like Tampa, LA and the Chiefs make FA moves while we ask ourselves why Tyson and McCuery don’t play
No-one's asking why Ty'Son isn't playing anymore but maybe McCrary would be worth a snap. We should be scouring practice squads but at this point you have to assume that there's really nobody out there.