• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Worst winter in Baltimore?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
What is the worst winter you guys have ever seen in Baltimore?
I've never been to Baltimore but I just love Auckland during football playoff season
EasternBeach.jpg

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Snowmaggedon a few years ago. I was 12 and there was 3 or four feet of snow on the gound. My mom was in San Diego for a funeral and my dad had recently shattered his knee. So who had to shovel everything?

I have nothing but respect for people who do manual labor for a living.

K-Dog

MVP
I hate winter.
I am using the word hate here.
I hate winter.
I would rather it be snowy rather than cold.

A few years ago it didn't get above freezing for like two almost three weeks. The heat pump here at the house just couldn't keep up.
The heaters at work were not much better.
I was completely miserable.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Snowmaggedon a few years ago. I was 12 and there was 3 or four feet of snow on the gound. My mom was in San Diego for a funeral and my dad had recently shattered his knee. So who had to shovel everything?

I have nothing but respect for people who do manual labor for a living.
Yes, I remember Snowmageddon like it was yesterday. A couple yrs ago we got 3 ft in dc again in one snowstorm.

Tank

Hall of Famer
No, the sea - behind that island at the back of the photo there's nothing all the way to Samoa. Place is called Eastern Beach.
Oh, OK. I assumed since there was an anchored swim platform it would be a lake with no tidal change or waves. That’s interesting.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Oh, OK. I assumed since there was an anchored swim platform it would be a lake with no tidal change or waves. That’s interesting.
It's sheltered from swell and pretty shallow. 10ft average tide.
Like it's made for children and dogs.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
In 2010 we had a blizzard that dumped about three feet of snow on us. We actually knew it was coming and made the best of it, however it was like two days later we got another blizzard that dumped another three feet on us. That one was bad! We are not equipped to handle that much snow in Baltimore, and it took a while to get things under control. I think that one was the worst in my lifetime. I am sure you guys up north are way more prepared for that kind of event.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I hate winter.
I am using the word hate here.
I hate winter.
I would rather it be snowy rather than cold.

A few years ago it didn't get above freezing for like two almost three weeks. The heat pump here at the house just couldn't keep up.
The heaters at work were not much better.
I was completely miserable.
That was a miserable winter, it just never let up and I was so glad when the weather finally broke. So far 2018 has been no fun. I liked The last two years when it was pretty mild.

K-Dog

MVP
That was a miserable winter, it just never let up and I was so glad when the weather finally broke. So far 2018 has been no fun. I liked The last two years when it was pretty mild.
Yeah, this might be the worst in my opinion.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
In 2010 we had a blizzard that dumped about three feet of snow on us. We actually knew it was coming and made the best of it, however it was like two days later we got another blizzard that dumped another three feet on us. That one was bad! We are not equipped to handle that much snow in Baltimore, and it took a while to get things under control. I think that one was the worst in my lifetime. I am sure you guys up north are way more prepared for that kind of event.
If you recall, the second storm was the Sb weekend so we just party with our neighbors.

I remember 1995-96 was a really bad one. I remember up North on Lake Superior there was still ice on the lake into early June that year. I remember we got lots of snow that year and it was bitter cold on top of it. It started in early November and didn't let up till almost May.

I remember seeing that storm on the weather channel. I remember people in DC saying how Fed up how they were after the second storm hit. I had to laugh as the DC folks aren't used to seeing that much snow at all.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I remember seeing that storm on the weather channel. I remember people in DC saying how Fed up how they were after the second storm hit. I had to laugh as the DC folks aren't used to seeing that much snow at all.
We see snow, but not this much at one time. We don’t have the plows to handle it.