• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Favorite Current Ravens Player

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Decided it would be fun to add a random wholesome thread. Who's your favorite current Ravens player, and why? Feel free to go into detail.
I am going to go outside of Lamar as he is a cheat code for this question but hes a fair pick regardless.
Mine right now would probably be Oweh.
I know it is so early but my other option would be JK and well... But I am so happy to see him get a sack and whenever I see a pocket collapse and the QB I root for it to be him. I am a sucker for stats espically with one team - It makes me way happier than when a player I like gets a TD then random guys who will be there for 1 year - and I love it when players build career legacies.

We could undoubtedly see him do that, but if he ends up being elite think of how great the next 10 years of cornerstones could be...

ChainedBird

Practice Squad
Gus Edwards, he's so consistently great, especially in short yardage situations where his smashmouth kind of running is great. Our third down completion rate has been really low so far and Gus's 86.8% positive yardage rate would've singlehandedly turned that around.

For me he's the second best runner on the team (it's hard to argue with Lamar) and paired with the passing game we're building up now he will be an absolute beast next season if he returns to form. Go Gus!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Well the obvious answer is Lamar, but outside of that my favorite ravens player is Marcus peters, I think he’s one of the most underrated defenders in the league and I was hurt when he went down.

before he stepped on the field and decided to look like shit this year, pat queen was up there, If I had money to blow I was gonna buy his Jersey a month ago, glad I didn’t(so far at least)

And at this rate I believe Oweh or madubuike is gonna quickly become all of our second/third favorite ravens lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Gus Edwards, he's so consistently great, especially in short yardage situations where his smashmouth kind of running is great. Our third down completion rate has been really low so far and Gus's 86.8% positive yardage rate would've singlehandedly turned that around.

For me he's the second best runner on the team (it's hard to argue with Lamar) and paired with the passing game we're building up now he will be an absolute beast next season if he returns to form. Go Gus!
This is a good one, Gus bus is the most slept on back in the league, seeing latavius Murray in this offense really shines a light on how excellent Gus is. In a featured back offense he would be an easy 1000 yarder, 2 years ago we weren’t sure of that, I think it’s clear by now.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
On offense it would be Dobbins or Andrews. On defense it's Humphrey.

Lamar is the obvious easy answer but Peters has become one of my favorite players. Has that Cali swag and been real since day one.

My underrated pick and will most likely be the next jersey I buy Rashod Bateman! Wanted him all along in the draft.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Lamar is my favorite and Humphrey is my favorite defensive player, but those are two easy.

I'm going to have to go with Bateman as I've wanted to draft him since last October or November.

Just listened the the lounge episode featuring Hollywood, he moved up my list of favorite players lol dude had me laughing a little bit. Also learned he vouched for Bateman found that interesting

First name that popped into my head is the bug guy who's returning to practice this week. Nick Boyle. Love the unsung heroes in the engine room who make all the others around them look better.