• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 EDGE Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

i bet you the sources for some of these mutterings about thibodeaux probably hail from places like Carolina and Atlanta and maybe Denver and Washington... who just so coincidentally have picks outside the top 5

this is the 2nd person though in the media draft world ive seen talk about thibodeaux slipping - DJ said it in his first mock too

It’s been talked about for a very long time that thibodeaux is “raw” and flashy but with big bust potential. I don’t buy that thibodeaux comes anywhere close to a bust, but I will absolutely cheer on these negative reports and even hope that someone leaks a video of him hitting a gas mask bong on draft night. I swear to god if thibodeaux falls to say 8 we better be ringing phones off the hook to offer 2 thirds to go grab him idc about our philosophy of stacking picks

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Anyone got any thoughts on Drake Jackson yet?

I'm struggling a little with how to value him...
Same. I love his ability to fire off the ball, race to the arc and flatten in an instant, but I feel like he stalemates every time he’s not able to do that

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Same. I love his ability to fire off the ball, race to the arc and flatten in an instant, but I feel like he stalemates every time he’s not able to do that

yeah - he's a very 1-note rusher... almost never threatens inside and then has zero counters at all so if a tackle gets hands on him the snap's over

but i also look at the traits - the explosion and the bend and the length and the lateral agility are very exciting and it's worth pointing out that it seems like the coaching at USC was pretty awful and he's also one of the youngest prospects in the class

to me he's all projection which makes it difficult - i saw some preseason 1st round projections (which made sense then with the assumption that he would develop in 2021 and it's disappointing he's still got no counters or rush plan) but im still seeing a lot of 2nd round and idk that id feel that great about him in the 2nd round tbh

im coalescing around a 3rd round grade for him but not confident in it at all

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I really like Tyreke Smith for what he is - which is a bit of an undersized (but not lacking in length) passing down SAM type - he's not super athletic but he's got some burst and i'd say probably the best bend of anyone ive watched in the class so far maybe outside of ebiketie - active with his hands - plays with tons of effort - has some decent coverage reps - not going to knock back OL at the point of attack (and notably ohio state took him out vs heavier personnel) but did surprisingly well vs pullers and was good when unblocked in the running game

ive got a bunch of guys all stacked on top of each other (or really close) right now who i'll need to separate when we get closer to the draft - testing will probably help clarify a few things in a couple of weeks time at the combine