• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ravens=Lions

Peeto

Practice Squad
No change in OC says Harbaugh...MM has taken us down the hole that was the Detroit Lions...nice job...

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
.Before Jim Caldwell was fired by The Lions his .556 winning percentage was the best since former Lions head coach Buddy Parker in the 1950's. Jim Caldwell record was 35-28 and the head coach before him by name of Jim Schwartz record was 29-52.

I get why The Raven fans don't like Marty Morhinweg but I don't get why some feel like he has put The Ravens in a hole. It's no where near a hole like The Bengals was this year or even in Marty Morhinweg head coaching day's with The Lions. Don't believe just check the record because The Lions were no where near close to making the plays like The Ravens did in 2016 and 17 when Marty Morhinweg was the head coach.

I get Ravens fans disappointment but I think we all need to wake up and realize that it could be so much worse.

Last edited:

Sooky

Pro Bowler
I was actually decently surprised how well the offense was playing at the end of the season imo. If the team can even get a lick of talent I think it is going in the right direction.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'd have a bigger problem with retaining Pees, had he not retired already. The offense did show quite a bit of improvement in the 2nd half of the season and were actually carrying the team while the defense imploded.

Peeto

Practice Squad
Celebrating a .500 winning percentage is certainly not admirable...you may be fine with mediocrity...not me...and I would hope the owner would agree...and judging by the empty seats at the Bank I would say it is AMAZING mr. rossi!

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Celebrating a .500 winning percentage is certainly not admirable...you may be fine with mediocrity...not me...and I would hope the owner would agree...and judging by the empty seats at the Bank I would say it is AMAZING mr. rossi!
I don't think anybody is fine with mediocrity here. But is it Marty's fault the offense struggled to get going? Sometimes the best thing to improve your team is to retain your coaches and players to have another year together. Continuous change is usually a negative thing.

Boldnpurpblack

Practice Squad
wait, so 9-7 = .500?

I need more maths.

Peeto

Practice Squad
Correct...under MM Balt. is 17-15 if not mistaken...close enough to 500 for arguments sake...

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Call me crazy, but I don't mind seeing Marty for one more year. Our o line was busted. Had zero playmakers in the pass game and I'd say Flacco was still hurting the first half of the season. I'd like to see Marty and Roman give it another go.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Call me crazy, but I don't mind seeing Marty for one more year. Our o line was busted. Had zero playmakers in the pass game and I'd say Flacco was still hurting the first half of the season. I'd like to see Marty and Roman give it another go.
They seem to have some positive going. The offense was the strong part of the team the last few weeks. Im happy both are returning. Now the team needs to figure out how to find some wide receivers and a receiving tight end to replace Watson.

What do you guys think of Mike Wallace this last season?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
What do you guys think of Mike Wallace this last season?
I like his attitude, plays with energy and he was pretty good down the stretch. He’s not a number 1, but as a number two he is fine. He’s already stated that he doesn’t care about the money and loves being here. If we can sign him to a reasonable contract, the. We should, especially since Flacco has chemistry with him.

Boldnpurpblack

Practice Squad
I like his attitude, plays with energy and he was pretty good down the stretch. He’s not a number 1, but as a number two he is fine. He’s already stated that he doesn’t care about the money and loves being here. If we can sign him to a reasonable contract, the. We should, especially since Flacco has chemistry with him.
Yea, and I think he'll be even better if we have a legit #1 that scares defenses and pulls some attention away.

Being forced to lead the offense, I thought he way outperformed expectation. At least my expectations.

Yea, and I think he'll be even better if we have a legit #1 that scares defenses and pulls some attention away.

Being forced to lead the offense, I thought he way outperformed expectation. At least my expectations.
He did the Lambeau Leap very well against us last season haha. I think he is still a solid WR yet.