• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Way We Were...

RayRayRaven

Veteran
Watching the Jaguars dominating performance today, couldn't help but be struck by the impression I was watching a Raven's Defense from years gone by. Even now, there playing for the Jaguars were players that should have been Ravens. Myles Jack was in on everything, we somehow passed him in the draft. There was Jalen Ramsey, balling out. He also should have been a Raven.

Across the field on the Buffalo Bills, was Tyrod Taylor, though playing every bit JoeJoe Flacco like, he was playing it at a fraction of the Cap Cost, but sometimes he was animated! He should have led us these last years too.

Well, Tom Conklin is every bit as old or older than ozze, but his team has their draft act together. They were fun to watch today. It was a poignant watch, the Bills were the team our collapse allowed in.

Memories can be beautiful and yet, what's too painful to remember, we simply choose to forget...
It's the laughter, we will remember, whenever we remember....the way we were.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
it's called having a tonne of cap and drafting obviously talented D in the top 5 every fucking year.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Calais Campbell is the reason why that team ticks btw..ramsey isn't as important to them as he is.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
factually we did not pass on jalen ramsey he was selected ahead of us
we did pass on myles jack and i know we would have liked to make that 2nd pick differently but we also wouldnt have matt judon without that trade back (albeit we probably should have still taken jack and drafted judon in the 4th round but that's by the by) - we also from that trade back wouldnt have chris moore (not the best selection to hinge this on but it adds value)

anyway i wouldnt exactly call the bills offence a good argument for the jags defence

either way jack would have been nice but jalen ramsey was never in our reach

also tom COUGHLIN didnt draft any of the jags players you mentioned either

and that was one of the most boring wildcard games ive ever had the misfortune to watch - to argue that it was entertaining is like saying you enjoy watching grass grow

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
Every player that ends up being good we should’ve known and drafted them because everyone knows what will happen in a year or two I find it so dumb to sit here and be like oh he should’ve been a raven according to you every good player in the league should’ve

Last edited by a moderator:

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Every player that ends up being good we should’ve known and drafted them because everyone knows what will happen in a year or two I find it so dumb to sit here and be like oh he should’ve been a raven shut the fuck up according to half of you every good player in the league should’ve
I think you are cutting some of the members short. There are some really good evaluators on here. Just because they hold other jobs other than the NFL, does not mean they don’t do their homework. I agree that there are some members on here just as you describe. Personally once we get into the third round of the draft, I have to look 95% of those players up on-line.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
I think you are cutting some of the members short. There are some really good evaluators on here. Just because they hold other jobs other than the NFL, does not mean they don’t do their homework. I agree that there are some members on here just as you describe. Personally once we get into the third round of the draft, I have to look 95% of those players up on-line.
No I’m not trying to cut anybody short on here at all a lot of the memebers here have a ton of insight and I love seeing what they have to say it’s others that drive me nuts

RayRayRaven

Veteran
Did you really suggest I shut the "F" up over Myles Jack being a Raven?.......Seriously?

Sometimes its hard to comprehend that not all the Raven's fans are in tune to our "Draft Tradebacks." The number 8 slot in the Draft has great value to some, even as the draft progresses into later rounds, but others don't keep track of it all. In that draft we literally gave the Jags our Myles Jack slot and took their slot, further wheeling and dealing to get to "Korea". That's Camel Korea!

Many don't think that worked out. Others say, "give it time".

Every player that ends up being good we should’ve known and drafted them because everyone knows what will happen in a year or two I find it so dumb to sit here and be like oh he should’ve been a raven shut the fuck up according to half of you every good player in the league should’ve

No I’m not trying to cut anybody short on here at all a lot of the memebers here have a ton of insight and I love seeing what they have to say it’s others that drive me nuts

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Did you really suggest I shut the "F" up over Myles Jack being a Raven?.......Seriously?

Sometimes its hard to comprehend that not all the Raven's fans are in tune to our "Draft Tradebacks." The number 8 slot in the Draft has great value to some, even as the draft progresses into later rounds, but others don't keep track of it all. In that draft we literally gave the Jags our Myles Jack slot and took their slot, further wheeling and dealing to get to "Korea". That's Camel Korea!

That time has expired long ago.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

We’re not asking you to stop because Myles jack is a good player and we disagree - we’re asking you to stop because there’s literally nothing you can change and there’s a difference between wondering what if or criticising and being a consistent hater - you’re perfectly entitled to like Myles jack and think we should have drafted him but after a certain point you just sound like a drone and become boring

RayRayRaven

Veteran
There's a lot more to illustrating the egregious errors than nit picking. There is critical mass. If fans haven't been reading what Biscuit has said, one wouldn't know that he's starting to feel the heat.

We are all about the "Big One" to get there...total revamp.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I understand, but be careful of your blood pressure or you will end up on three pills a day like I am to control it.......lol.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
We’re not asking you to stop because Myles jack is a good player and we disagree - we’re asking you to stop because there’s literally nothing you can change and there’s a difference between wondering what if or criticising and being a consistent hater - you’re perfectly entitled to like Myles jack and think we should have drafted him but after a certain point you just sound like a drone and become boring
This is what I was getting at

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
You definitely misunderstood what he was saying

Edit - I see he already explained