• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Ugly, The Ugly and The Ugly - Steelers Edition

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Steelers are a bad football team. This game should have been out of sight in the 1st half.

Lamar's been bad the last month and I'm not sure how he/we can fix it.
Defence still has a fatal flaw that it cannot go a game without giving up some sort of bust that blows open the game. They fell apart in the 4th quarter.

This team only knows how to play ugly games.

Pat Mekari's injury opened up this pass rush and we really need him if we're to have any success as a passing offence.

That 2-point play, similarly epitomised a lot of this year... gutsy, nice design, it was there, but poor execution.

And we nearly won it. But not quite this time.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I might be in the minority but I really liked the try for two

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
That was a great game. Frustrated with the outcome, but a great game.
1. Everything starts with the O line, just awful play
2. Not sure what’s up with Lamar but he has not been good at all.
3. LOVE the call Harbs. That shit was tough , just missed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

I loved it, that’s a hell of a call and we juuuuust missed it.

Clan of the Cave Bear

Practice Squad
Banned
Pre Game, the Clan of the Cave Bear made the Pittsburgh Steel Bears our newest Bear Division. It was the Steel Bears that ate the tasty Raven. Ludy, those balls Andrews couldn't handle were a foot off target and Andrews was wide open when Jackson quick fired a toss that went end over end. It was just the Steel Bears day.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Fucking Andrews man. 2 crucial drops

He had one bad drop early in the game, when was the other?

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I didn't like it before the snap, but I'm glad we didn't have to watch our defense get shredded in overtime.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What's really frustrating is that in those final 2 minutes there were some excellent coaching decisions with the clock management including the intentional offsides by chuck, when to use that final timeout, the playcalling was excellent

and you cant blame harbs for putting the game in the hands of Lamar rather than on overtime especially with how the steelers knifed through the defence on that last drive

just a shame they couldnt execute that final play

Nurps

MVP
Pre Game, the Clan of the Cave Bear made the Pittsburgh Steel Bears our newest Bear Division. It was the Steel Bears that ate the tasty Raven. Ludy, those balls Andrews couldn't handle were a foot off target and Andrews was wide open when Jackson quick fired a toss that went end over end. It was just the Steel Bears day.
You licked a lot of walls as a child.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I have no problem with the 2 PT try... I liked it. The problem is WE HAVE NO PASS PROTECTION. We keep drafting these mid rounders and rely on veterans to patch our line. Ben Grubbs was the last IOL we drafted in the first..... in 2007.

Ever since Yanda retired our Interior has been a mess. Coincidence Lamar's MVP season came in Yands's final season in 2019?

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor

I did too. Unfortunately Lamar has been playing like a RB and Mandrews turns into Girldrews at the wrong times

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I have no problem with the 2 PT try... I liked it. The problem is WE HAVE NO PASS PROTECTION. We keep drafting these mid rounders and rely on veterans to patch our line. Ben Grubbs was the last IOL we drafted in the first..... in 2007.

Ever since Yanda retired our Interior has been a mess. Coincidence Lamar's MVP season came in Yands's final season in 2019?

it's nothing to do with the interior lol - if mekari's unable to play i think you could make a pretty easy argument that villanueva and phillips make up the worst tackle tandem in the league

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
We will not win another game with Phillips at RT. He is beyond bad and opposing teams will have their best pass rusher line up over him.

it will be ugly from here on with him there