• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ozze's Last Hurrah

RayRayRaven

Veteran
If we have to endure the Gang of Four another year: Harball, Ozze, Decost and Bisciotti...we have to find time to give them a hand in the Draft, because that is where they are falling flat on our face.

In regard to the foregoing, these are RayRayRaven's Surefire, Can't Miss if you Tried, cinch NFL Draft choices for 2018.

1. (The same as it ever was) This guy was the reason for my Comprehensuv Rebuild plan first articulated Before Ozze renegotiated JoeJoe's contract. We should have traded JoeJoe down the river then, eaten the dead cap, played 2016 and 2017 with Mallet as our QB, finished up 2-14 on our own, parlayed that draft position with what we could have gotten for JoeJoe and we'd be in the catbird' seat for surefire NFL pro bowler, Sam Darnold and more. Sensed he was coming out and he is. Unfortunately, we are drafting at 16 again, but Darnold is the guy. Tried to get him, but someone is going to be very, very happy.

2. The Baltimore Raven's did not address their cornerback need in 2017 and so it is with a heavy heart and vehement encouragement towards oz that I say, give whatever you have to, but do not come away from this draft without Joshua Jackson.

Many more cinches to follow, as well as the previously promised, real time selection flowchart for hopeless ozze.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Our biggest needs are o-line, another press corner, and WR. We are better off not drafting a receiver in round one.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Our biggest needs are o-line, another press corner, and WR. We are better off not drafting a receiver in round one.
Idk if another corner is a “big” need..

I’d say TE is a big need too though.

Pass rusher is still our biggest need imo. I know everyone will say Bowser and Williams will be better in their second seasons but we haven’t seen that. Wouldn’t mind taking Harold Landry at 16 if he falls.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Pass rusher is still our biggest need imo. I know everyone will say Bowser and Williams will be better in their second seasons but we haven’t seen that. Wouldn’t mind taking Harold Landry at 16 if he falls.
What do people like about Landry? He's weak af. He's getting washed out of the play the seconds he's got an OL's hands on him.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
New Orleans landed five impact players in the 2017 draft, including the potential NFL offensive rookie of the year in running back Alvin Kamara and defensive rookie of the year in cornerback Marshon Lattimore. This type of draft will be tough for any team to duplicate, but the crux is the Ravens need to reverse their draft trend. Baltimore has selected only five starters over the past three drafts

wonderful wizard of oz!

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
i liked him coming out last year but he didnt kick on as a senior and i think it has hurt him in the long run
I've tried to like him but I just don't see it. Bend is literally the only thing that's good with him. Even his motor is underwhelming...

rossihunter2

Staff Member
New Orleans landed five impact players in the 2017 draft, including the potential NFL offensive rookie of the year in running back Alvin Kamara and defensive rookie of the year in cornerback Marshon Lattimore. This type of draft will be tough for any team to duplicate, but the crux is the Ravens need to reverse their draft trend. Baltimore has selected only five starters over the past three drafts

wonderful wizard of oz!

i mean that's a historic draft class - you cant expect that from every team every year - it also helps that they had 6 picks in the first 2 days of the draft...

also important to remember that they lucked into a couple of players: now i dont buy into this one but it was thought they wanted mahomes which is why the chiefs traded up to 10 to go get mahomes there which left the saints with lattimore (i think they always wanted lattimore tbh - who wouldnt?) but im absolutely sure that the saints wanted reuben foster and the 49ers jumped ahead of them to get him so they "settled" for ramcyzk who has turned into a cornerstone player for them...

there's an awful amount of luck involved in drafting and it helps having more high picks...

im not saying the ravens drafts have been good enough but to ask the ravens to have a class like the saints this year is pure fantasy
--- and only 5 starters in the last 3 drafts? humphrey, stanley, dixon (when he was fit), henry, judon, young, canady, lewis and then the udfas pierce, peanut, ricard - that's a lot more than 5 starters and that's only the last 2 years not 3... tbh our 2016 rookie class yielded more than 5 starters...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

wonderful wizard of oz!
Yeah they had a very good 2017 draft, but they really haven’t done much recently either. Think they have missed the playoffs since 2013.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
If ever oh ever a wiz there was...the wizard of oz is one because.........because, because, because, because, because!
Because of troubling things he does!
We're stuck here with the wizard......THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ!!!

wonderful wizard of oz!

RayRayRaven

Veteran
Watching the Humpf Crime Spree Saga unfold, its clear we have to have a Killer 2018 Draft.

In years past, I've proposed a "Real Time" draft in an effort to illustrate we are getting decimated in our NFL Draft Selections in recent years. I'm not the only one saying this, Lombardi just wrote a scathing piece incorporating the same. Convinced that a good number of posters here can draft better than Raven's management, a Real Time draft would demonstrate within a year how out of touch our Front Office is. To make it work, you'd have to have a Draft Board that allows for your best alternative if your highest rated players are already selected.

Obviously, the board would have to be set up in one of two ways: 1. By Best Available Player; or 2. By Positional Need where if you believe you need a cornerback in round 1, you list your 20 or so best cornerbacks. When your Draft Turn comes you get credited with selecting whichever corner is highest on your list and still there...You have your needs set up for each of the Rounds of the Draft.

The problem here is that a stellar Draft Board takes a lot of time to prepare. I'm going to try to find the time to do it this year, but urge those with more time on their hands to set up a draft that can be corroborated post event.

We have to do something about our Front Office.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just go WR TE OL WR TE

get another WR in FA.

Dead serious just get it done this year and get it done well. Fuck the Defence. Enough has been invested in it.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Just go WR TE OL WR TE

get another WR in FA.

Dead serious just get it done this year and get it done well. Fuck the Defence. Enough has been invested in it.
I wouldn’t mind if a decent CB fell in somewhere. You can never have enough of those.