• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 RB Thread

ChainedBird

Practice Squad
I could see the ravens spending a mid/late round pick on a running back. We need a new RB3 to replace Justice and so far nobody has stepped up. It would also help protect us against the possibility of Edwards and/or Dobbins not returning to the same level, we really don't want to be relying on past-it vets next season!

So far I'm really liking the look of Jerrion Ealy. He's a small (5'8, 190lb) elusive guy with great lateral agility and burst and a solid top speed. A real playmaker, capable of making people miss him and making something from a nothing scenario. Some receiving ability. A try hard at pass protection (but not the best due to size).

He sounds like everything I wanted from Justice Hill! Ideally he'll be around for one of our many fourth round picks.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I could see the ravens spending a mid/late round pick on a running back. We need a new RB3 to replace Justice and so far nobody has stepped up. It would also help protect us against the possibility of Edwards and/or Dobbins not returning to the same level, we really don't want to be relying on past-it vets next season!

So far I'm really liking the look of Jerrion Ealy. He's a small (5'8, 190lb) elusive guy with great lateral agility and burst and a solid top speed. A real playmaker, capable of making people miss him and making something from a nothing scenario. Some receiving ability. A try hard at pass protection (but not the best due to size).

He sounds like everything I wanted from Justice Hill! Ideally he'll be around for one of our many fourth round picks.

whoever they are they likely are going to have to play special teams to beat out justice hill or at least show some complementary skill that makes them a better RB3 than Hill

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Really like zonovan knight and kyren Williams, Polar opposite styles but both look like they could make an impact in this league

Simba

Staff Member
Very minimal study so far but Zonovan Knight and Tyler Goodson are a couple of my early mid-round likes at RB.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Rachaad White looks like he'd be a good addition as a backfield receiver on third down. Both our top RBs can catch, White brings better route running and can play slot wr in a pinch. Plus he actually combines his speed with solid vision.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Very minimal study so far but Zonovan Knight and Tyler Goodson are a couple of my early mid-round likes at RB.

Rachaad White looks like he'd be a good addition as a backfield receiver on third down. Both our top RBs can catch, White brings better route running and can play slot wr in a pinch. Plus he actually combines his speed with solid vision.

I’ve not got into the RBs yet but every time I watch the Notre dame offence - kyren williams absolutely smokes someone in pass pro - no idea where he’s expected to go or anything but I think he’ll be one of the first I go and look at for that reason

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’ve not got into the RBs yet but every time I watch the Notre dame offence - kyren williams absolutely smokes someone in pass pro - no idea where he’s expected to go or anything but I think he’ll be one of the first I go and look at for that reason
Kyren Williams would be my 2nd round priority had we never drafted jk dobbins, LOVE his game, I have a thing for speedy backs who are a threat to turn a small window into a TD but have the build and skill to be an every down back and that’s exactly what he is

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Kyren Williams would be my 2nd round priority had we never drafted jk dobbins, LOVE his game, I have a thing for speedy backs who are a threat to turn a small window into a TD but have the build and skill to be an every down back and that’s exactly what he is

there's 2 or 3 really good looking receiving backs (as in legit receivers as backs) in this class - Kyren, James Cook and maybe Tyler Badie...