• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 TE Thread

ChainedBird

Practice Squad
Charlie Kolar stood out to me last year, but he went back for another year. A 6'6 really long guy with a huge catch radius and really good hands. He's great in traffic and a big red zone threat.

On the negatives he's kinda slow and more of a try hard at blocking, but at least it's pretty clear cut what you're getting. Could be a good option for TE3 when looking to score or if Lamar needs a safety blanket 1st down.

He might be around for one of our 4th round picks.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Charlie Kolar stood out to me last year, but he went back for another year. A 6'6 really long guy with a huge catch radius and really good hands. He's great in traffic and a big red zone threat.

On the negatives he's kinda slow and more of a try hard at blocking, but at least it's pretty clear cut what you're getting. Could be a good option for TE3 when looking to score or if Lamar needs a safety blanket 1st down.

He might be around for one of our 4th round picks.

if he's slow and can't block - there's no way he goes as high as a 4th rounder lol - that description makes him sound barely draftable

ChainedBird

Practice Squad
if he's slow and can't block - there's no way he goes as high as a 4th rounder lol - that description makes him sound barely draftable

I mean tbf I'm comparing him to Mandrews, quite the high bar. The blocking issues look technique based rather an effort/toughness issue, so you'd hope that can be coached.

Honestly it's the big catch radius and the soft hands that draw me in though. The idea of having two great at catching tight ends causing mismatch problems around the field sounds fun!

Argentina Raven

Practice Squad
this seems like a good year to select a TE, if it is by name Michigan schoonmaker is interesting, kolar, otton, laporta, wydermeier, turner (nevada), billingsley, ruckert, there are several

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I could see the Ravens adding to the TE room in the 4th round by drafting Jelani Woods out of Virginia. He'd be a nice backup TE to Andrews, if he were to go down with an injury. It would definitely be a Raven move to draft him this year and have him prepared to be TE2 in 2023.

I don't see Boyle filling in, in the same capacity. I also feel Boyle could be a cap casualty in 2023 due to being able to save 6m, while this year we wouldn't save anything if we were to cut.