• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Harbaugh

A1A

Veteran
So let's have a real discussion here...
First thing first how many games has Tucker won for Harbaugh? How many games would he have won Harbaugh if he just decided to use him?
How much credit do we give the players especially Lamar before we start taking away credit from the Harbaugh? I even stopped watching football for 3 years because he killed my beloved Ravens. Last week Lamar was playing horrible so let's put the ball back into his hands cause the analytics says so.
How many times have we seen a walkoff 2 point conversion tho??
I honestly believe any Raven fan with the slightest bit of common sense and a decent amount of football knowledge would have taken this team to AT LEAST 2 other SB's.
People keep saying this isn't Madden but there's this coach in NE that coaches his NFL team like he's playing a video game. Throw the ball 100x vs the worst secondary why not, run the ball 100x vs the worst run defense sign me up. No no not our Harbaugh tho...worst run defense with the best secondary you say?? Let's air it out!! Then blame the QB for throwing 5 picks...Make it make sense please cause I'm listening.

The irony of this is that the team is perfectly showcasing one of Harbs' greatest strengths this year. They absolutely will not quit and will fight every week despite massive roster depletions. That kind of spirit and unity is a testament to the head coach's leadership and the culture he's built.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The irony of this is that the team is perfectly showcasing one of Harbs' greatest strengths this year. They absolutely will not quit and will fight every week despite massive roster depletions. That kind of spirit and unity is a testament to the head coach's leadership and the culture he's built.
Any other team with this amount of injuries wins 3/4 games max

A1A

Veteran
Harbaugh said that they went for 2 early cause they eventually had to lol. So you go for two.. miss it and rip the souls out of the 50+ Raven players still in the fight, giving the opposing Def the relief. There's no 9 point play in the NFL so the game was just about over right there. By going for the extra point it was and 8 point game. The crowd would be sucked out of it...opposing def and off would now be playing on their heels. The 50+ Raven players now playing with some confidence and swag. We just came back from a 6-24 deficit..But again Harbs with the analytics....how many times have we seen an onside kick recovered?? Then gave the green light on a screen play on 4th down. So basically Harbs thought process is let's hurry up and lose like he did the week before. Like wteff is that about? Who's to say the def wouldn't make a play in OT? What if we won the toss and scored on a KR?? I'm shocked that yall don't see this. Let's go for two cause fr fr I don't think we're gonna win anyway.

A1A

Veteran
But here we go with the "but harbs doesn't call the plays" so exactly what does he do here? Hey Lamar you wanna go for two?? Of course he's gonna say yes you DA...what head coach just doesn't give a rats butt about what his OC is gonna call with the game on the line??

He doesn't call the plays BUT he decides when to go for two....

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Harbaugh said that they went for 2 early cause they eventually had to lol. So you go for two.. miss it and rip the souls out of the 50+ Raven players still in the fight, giving the opposing Def the relief. There's no 9 point play in the NFL so the game was just about over right there. By going for the extra point it was and 8 point game. The crowd would be sucked out of it...opposing def and off would now be playing on their heels. The 50+ Raven players now playing with some confidence and swag. We just came back from a 6-24 deficit..But again Harbs with the analytics....how many times have we seen an onside kick recovered?? Then gave the green light on a screen play on 4th down. So basically Harbs thought process is let's hurry up and lose like he did the week before. Like wteff is that about? Who's to say the def wouldn't make a play in OT? What if we won the toss and scored on a KR?? I'm shocked that yall don't see this. Let's go for two cause fr fr I don't think we're gonna win anyway.

we had all sorts of conversations about this in the game thread when it happened

but long story short...

you're wrong about the going for 2 on the 15 point deficit - that was 100% the right call every time and that's not up for debate...

you can argue about the 2 pt to finish the steelers game if you want... but harbs said that we literally had no corners left so decided to try and win the game there which is absolutely a fair enough reason - it's more likely that we score a game-winning 2 pointer from 2 yards out in 1 play than it is that we 1) win the toss and 2) get a TD on the first drive...

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
we had all sorts of conversations about this in the game thread when it happened

but long story short...

you're wrong about the going for 2 on the 15 point deficit - that was 100% the right call every time and that's not up for debate...

you can argue about the 2 pt to finish the steelers game if you want... but harbs said that we literally had no corners left so decided to try and win the game there which is absolutely a fair enough reason - it's more likely that we score a game-winning 2 pointer from 2 yards out in 1 play than it is that we 1) win the toss and 2) get a TD on the first drive...
That last one was on Jimmy Smith.

Had he been half a step quicker on their 2pt conversion, we win with Tucker's extra point at the end.