• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Pick 2 players any era

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
The2 Ravens I'd go with would be Ray and Yanda but alltime it would be Singletary and Lott

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Offense : Randy Moss & Barry Sanders
We know Barry can run regardless of oline talent, the defense focuses on him, Moss goes deep.

Defense: Lawrence Taylor & Ronnie Lott

LT transforms any defense with his pass rushing ability. Ronnie Lott can play Corner Safety at an All Pro level and will have everyone on the defense lined up and accountable at all times.

With or without his finger. Lott was a beast.
[doublepost=1494473678,1494473244][/doublepost]
reggie white and lawrence taylor

When the usfl broke up Parcells wanted the Giants to get Reggie White, but the GM didn't want him because he rushed from the same side. My god LT could rush from all over the alignment, can you imagine that defense with both of them. Crazy, absolutely crazy. Mistake of historic proportions.

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
With or without his finger. Lott was a beast.
[doublepost=1494473678,1494473244][/doublepost]

When the usfl broke up Parcells wanted the Giants to get Reggie White, but the GM didn't want him because he rushed from the same side. My god LT could rush from all over the alignment, can you imagine that defense with both of them. Crazy, absolutely crazy. Mistake of historic proportions.

Wow I never heard this before. I wonder if there's any commentary about this from Parcells on the matter.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Of course!

What about Ogden. Our first ever draft pick. Ogden and Lewis. Wait a second those 2 were ravens from same draft. Incredible. But as much as I like ray Lewis and would like 21 yr old ray Lewis again on the ravens. I'm going with Ogden and Larry Allen. Building the dynasty around the O-Line

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
What about Ogden. Our first ever draft pick. Ogden and Lewis. Wait a second those 2 were ravens from same draft. Incredible. But as much as I like ray Lewis and would like 21 yr old ray Lewis again on the ravens. I'm going with Ogden and Larry Allen. Building the dynasty around the O-Line

Ogden and Ray were in the same draft class. Great picks for us. Both were beasts no doubt.

It's kool to build around the O-line but you need some serious playmakers on both sides of the ball as well I think. So, I'd take Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders. We may need to create a thread where we could pick what offensive and defensive system we'd run and the 11 people we'd choose on both sides of the ball. In other words....who's your QB, WR's, RB, TE, O-linemen and defensive guys?

That'd be interesting to see Sledge.

flynismo

Practice Squad

Personally I choose Ogden and Moss; but I would never, ever disagree with any strategy that makes the OL the focal point of rebuilding the offense. I just happen to think that with Ogden, Yanda, Stanley, Lewis and Siragusa, there's enough talent there to be pretty darn good both running and passing the ball. And Moss? Wow. A guy that is taller than most of our OL, as fast as or faster than Perriman and Wallace, hands like OBJ, beats double and triple coverage like Megatron, jumps like Dominique Wilkins. Fahgedaboutit!

usmccharles

Practice Squad
Do you mean to place on the Ravens team for this coming year?

Barry Sanders- I think he is hands down the best RB of all time, just my opinion. Never had less than 1100 yards rushing.....while missing 5 games. In todays NFL, his receiving numbers would of sky rocketed, he would average 2k yards a season, at least in my opinion.

LT- that dude just straight up ran over people. cant imagine the destruction

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Wow I never heard this before. I wonder if there's any commentary about this from Parcells on the matter.
I saw it on a show a year or two ago, can't remember if it was an NFL net or espn show or something else. I was like, are you kidding me. Thank god they didn't happen. I mean I was a skins fan back then. Smh

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
I saw it on a show a year or two ago, can't remember if it was an NFL net or espn show or something else. I was like, are you kidding me. Thank god they didn't happen. I mean I was a skins fan back then. Smh

I actually found several New York news articles about it.
Turns out Parcells was coming off a 3-12-1 season as a rookie HC and although he wanted Reggie White he had no pull yet and could have very well been fired, so he was on thin ice.

They ended up drafting Gary Zimmerman an 8 time All Pro o-lineman but Zimmerman refused sign a contract with The Giants never played a down for them. Zimmerman tried to sue and have the draft pick voided, that failed, so he never signed his contract because he wanted to play in California. The Giants traded him to Minnesota lol.

Reggie White was picked one pick later at by the Eagles in the 1984 USFL Supplemental Draft.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I actually found several New York news articles about it.
Turns out Parcells was coming off a 3-12-1 season as a rookie HC and although he wanted Reggie White he had no pull yet and could have very well been fired, so he was on thin ice.

They ended up drafting Gary Zimmerman an 8 time All Pro o-lineman but Zimmerman refused sign a contract with The Giants never played a down for them. Zimmerman tried to sue and have the draft pick voided, that failed, so he never signed his contract because he wanted to play in California. The Giants traded him to Minnesota lol.

Reggie White was picked one pick later at by the Eagles in the 1984 USFL Supplemental Draft.
Thanks for researching this.
[doublepost=1494852323,1494852246][/doublepost]
Do you mean to place on the Ravens team for this coming year?

Barry Sanders- I think he is hands down the best RB of all time, just my opinion. Never had less than 1100 yards rushing.....while missing 5 games. In todays NFL, his receiving numbers would of sky rocketed, he would average 2k yards a season, at least in my opinion.

LT- that dude just straight up ran over people. cant imagine the destruction
Nice choice for rb in Barry Sanders. As good as he was, he ran backwards just as much as he ran forwards. I'd love to know what his total mileage was...

usmccharles

Practice Squad
Thanks for researching this.
[doublepost=1494852323,1494852246][/doublepost]
Nice choice for rb in Barry Sanders. As good as he was, he ran backwards just as much as he ran forwards. I'd love to know what his total mileage was...
I just cant imagine him on a decent team, although they werent that bad a couple of years, but the whole Esmith vs Sanders debate is hilarious to me, its not even close imo

Tank

Hall of Famer
Cant win with em

Whatcha mean?

I've only seen Brown on tape, but he was one tough SOB, took a gang to bring him down. I'd love to have an RB like that.

Mike S. was just so focused, tenacious and smart. He was a true defensive QB that played like his hair was on fire.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
Whatcha mean?

I've only seen Brown on tape, but he was one tough SOB, took a gang to bring him down. I'd love to have an RB like that.

Mike S. was just so focused, tenacious and smart. He was a true defensive QB that played like his hair was on fire.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Whatcha mean?

Brown was 240 lbs of muscle when the average LB was 205-210. Yet he ran like a 205lb runner. A freak for his era.