• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Bengals, The 3rd Team and The When Will The Injuries End?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Also anyone else note the broadcast shot of harbs and EDC near the end of the game - obviously i know EDC's on the sideline most games but they both looked more resigned/defeated than i can remember

and i think that came out in harbs's presser - first time ive really felt like he acknowledged that maybe the absences truly hurt us (he never makes excuses and has always touted next man up but this is the first time ive felt like he didnt believe it)

Reactions: cdp

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I understand why they signed Freeman and Murray. I would've done the same. But don't you think it's better to test out some young rbs instead of Freeman - who's unable to run 2 yards for a 1st? Justice Hill is a FA so there's another reason to see if we have a 3rd down/ pass catching rb on our roster.
What happened to McCrary? Is he still here?
not at this point. Don't think McCrary plays special teams and with this many players on IR, whether it be covid or regular IR we need players to do both

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Also anyone else note the broadcast shot of harbs and EDC near the end of the game - obviously i know EDC's on the sideline most games but they both looked more resigned/defeated than i can remember

and i think that came out in harbs's presser - first time ive really felt like he acknowledged that maybe the absences truly hurt us (he never makes excuses and has always touted next man up but this is the first time ive felt like he didnt believe it)
and totally understandable

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
I'm fine with missing the playoffs, given we're going nowhere. A win against Pittsburgh would be a pleasant way to wrap up this ugly season.

marklar

Pro Bowler
may have Huntley. back from Covid or even Lamar able to go. However at this point, I'm ok if we miss the playoffs. Yes, I'd rather us make it, but I'm ok with the miss.

The timing of Huntley going on the list Saturday makes me less than hopeful he would have time to practice. I sure hope Lamar is back, but I get the feeling he will be out for the season.

I just want to beat the fucking Steelers, then I will at least leave the season with a smile. Losing to them would only leave a taste of feces from this disaster of a season

Honestly, today doesnt change much. If we beat the rams and steelers, we are in. Hell, the chance we win the division isnt bad still.

but going from 8-3 as a one seed to missing the playoffs would be embarssasing. We cant win a single game.
Nah man I don’t think there is anything to be embarrassed about, whether we get in or not. The injury / Covid bug just finally caught up to us (and then some). Maybe the practice squad should be embarrassed, cause that’s who’s been playing. Lol. Actually should be proud about even being still in the playoff discussion at at this point.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Can we make another thread or is there another thread in where the players that are expected to retire next year, leave, contract extensions etc....???. I don't keep track like some of the posters in here and would like to see what holes would likely need filled next year.

we normally wait for the season to end before putting up an offseason thread
but for a look at the roster as it currently looks next year:
here's everyone under contract: https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/baltimore-ravens/ (click on the 2022 tab)
here's the free agents: https://overthecap.com/free-agency/ (click on the BAL tab)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The timing of Huntley going on the list Saturday makes me less than hopeful he would have time to practice. I sure hope Lamar is back, but I get the feeling he will be out for the season.

I just want to beat the fucking Steelers, then I will at least leave the season with a smile. Losing to them would only leave a taste of feces from this disaster of a season
This depends on if he has the vaccination or not. If he has been vaccinated he still stands a good chance of being ready.

marklar

Pro Bowler
I did not notice Harrison in there at any point. Was I just blind or is he behind Joe Thomas on the depth chart now?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Just to really put it on paper (because it can sometimes seem like an exaggeration)

Raven's corner depth chart in the offseason:

1. Marlon Humphrey
  2. Marcus Peters
  3. Tavon Young
  4. Anthony Averett
  5. Jimmy Smith
  6. Chris Westry
  7. Ardarius Washington
  8. Nigel Warrior (lost on waivers)
  9. Khalil Dorsey
  10. Imam Marshall
  11. Shaun Wade (traded)

Not one of those guys is currently available (2 have been lost to a trade and on waivers) but otherwise everyone else down by injury

Simba

Staff Member
Not too much to say about this one. We trotted out a bunch of PS level or less players on defense and the results speak for themselves. Thought it was great that some young guys like Mack and Washington stepped up. On offense, Johnson played about as well as you could have hoped. It was great to get some of the young WRs some more run today too.

Simba

Staff Member
I did not notice Harrison in there at any point. Was I just blind or is he behind Joe Thomas on the depth chart now?

According to reports, he hasn't been playing ILB at all since returning from being shot. OLB exclusively. But yeah, still didn't see him out there which is shocking with the lack of depth we had today.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
we probably need some help to have a chance
No, I played with the playoff machine and was fairly suprised.
Dolphins have Pats Saints Titans left and we just need them to lose one of those.
That is it because the colts play the raiders and essentialy negate eachother.
if we win 2, we are almost guanrteed the 7 seed

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Still proud of this teams fight. But can someone please explain to me why Roman called read-option plays with a 35 year old qb? Like seriously what the fuck was he thinking?
Also I hope the bengals are ready for the ass kicking we are going to give them next season when we can actually field a football team
Eh besides the read option Roman called a good game again.

I'm prepared for the hate I will recieve but I think we are seeing Lamar was the problem vs cover 0 not the scheme.