• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 18 Pittsburgh Steelers @ Baltimore Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Leave Bateman out of it, when they do use him he does well

Yea Batemen was a 1st down machine this year. Looked strong. Hopefully next year we run an offense that utilizes him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Has he done enough to get paid like a top WR? His baseline will be 16 million annually. Your dreaming of you think this guy deserves that money. Im looking forward to someone else over paying him while Bateman gets the majority of the looks. One more year of Soulja

he's improved every season and had 1k yards off 91 receptions. He's a. baller and mostly has good hands. 1k yard players don't grow on trees, especially in Baltimore. If Lamar doesn't go down he probably has 200 more yards and maybe 100 catches.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Has he done enough to get paid like a top WR? His baseline will be 16 million annually. Your dreaming of you think this guy deserves that money. Im looking forward to someone else over paying him while Bateman gets the majority of the looks. One more year of Soulja

you mean 2 more years - no way we wont trigger his 5th year option

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I had a feeling the jags would win and we would lose. @rossihunter2 when I said “that’s not nearly as bad as what’s gonna happen” that’s what I was referring to

You did! I remember when you said that everything else may work in the Ravens favor but they would lose to the Steelers.

I said; that after losing 5 games straight that I wouldn't be surprised by the Ravens losing to Big Ben and the Steelers to make it 6 games in a row.

It’s so frustrating to see Burrow with Chase and Higgins and Lamar gets Bateman and Hollywood, who bobble the fucking ball for INTs
I’m fine with Bateman. He’s going to get better, but Brown is officially on my shit list. It’s either go routes or nothing for him. He avoids contact at all cost. He can’t catch a ball if there’s any chance he’s gonna get hit. His YAC almost non-existent. So he’s basically useless in the short passing game and drops balls in big moments if there’s any chance of contact.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m fine with Bateman. He’s going to get better, but Brown is officially on my shit list. It’s either go routes or nothing for him. He avoids contact at all cost. He can’t catch a ball if there’s any chance he’s gonna get hit. His YAC almost non-existent. So he’s basically useless in the short passing game and drops balls in big moments if there’s any chance of contact.
Agree

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Hollywood had 386 YAC.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
he's improved every season and had 1k yards off 91 receptions. He's a. baller and mostly has good hands. 1k yard players don't grow on trees, especially in Baltimore. If Lamar doesn't go down he probably has 200 more yards and maybe 100 catches.

Highly doubt that, his second half of the season was below average. Weeks 1-8, really solid. After that he fell off a cliff. Some of that obviously comes from Lamar not being out there for some of those games, but Hollywood was a no show down the stretch. And none of his stats excuses two huge drops today.

Hollywood had 386 YAC.
Yeah but what’s the breakdown of long or intermediate vs. short pass plays? He clearly avoids contact. I would agree that avoiding contact is smart when it doesn’t hurt the team. The drop in the end zone today was a perfect example where potential contact affects his ability to catch the ball, and the team to win a game. The other play that comes to mind was the third and 6 or 7play late in the game where he caught the ball 2 yards short of the sticks and ran out of bounds to avoid contact. I mean it’s hard to deny that this has been an issue with him since he got here.

But I digress. I hate losing to the Steelers, and his last impression of this shit season is not a good one for me.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hollywood had 386 YAC.

Which puts him 32nd in the league among Eligible receivers. That’s not impressive for a guy you Draft in round one and expect to be WR1.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Which puts him 32nd in the league among Eligible receivers. That’s not impressive for a guy you Draft in round one and expect to be WR1.

I have it at 16th in the league. He also has some of the better hands in the league based on the drop %.

Yards he's top 20 also.

I'm only counting WRs.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i mean sure - it's not amazing but it's not awful for a guy who's 5'9
he's not going to break tackles - so his YAC is about space and with a backup QB the underneath space is not available

not only did he have more deep shots and targets with lamar, he also had more YAC

yardage-wise and TD-wise, hollywood was among the top 10 receivers in the NFL to start the year... like i get that people are in love with bigger bodies and more traditional x-receiver style play and i do get it because it opens up a different element to the offence that we havent had but people take hollywood for granted because the broadcast never shows deep routes (unless the ball's actually thrown there)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Hollywood played weeks 12-18 without Lamar Jackson. Lamar barely played in week 12 and Hollywood didn't play in WK 11.

From weeks 12-18 he had 39 receptions for 289 yards with a 2nd round QB with no arm and a 3rd string QB one week. He performed more than admirably in these weeks.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
im with marine - ive got him 31st in YAC before week 18 (im assuming it wont change much after this week)
I'm not sure what you are looking at. I also have him at 14th in the league at YAC / reception when you take into account 50% of the snaps.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
im with marine - ive got him 31st in YAC before week 18 (im assuming it wont change much after this week)
sounds like you are including TEs as well. All eligible. I'm only using WRs. That being said, he's 23rd on ESPN if you account for all eligible.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have it at 16th in the league. He also has some of the better hands in the league based on the drop %.

Yards he's top 20 also.

I'm only counting WRs.

Why would you only count WRs? It should be eligible receivers

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
sounds like you are including TEs as well. All eligible. I'm only using WRs. That being said, he's 23rd on ESPN if you account for all eligible.

He’s 32 with all eligible before today. Not going to count today until all games have conclude

Status
Not open for further replies.