• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Injuries, Big Ben's Final Game and Farewell to A Cursed Season

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Harbs is so deflated in his presser. Haven’t seen him like that in a while

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Tough one but oddly enough, I'm glad to see this season come to a close for us. It was stressful watching us deal with injury issues week after week. It wasn't sustainable and I don't think any person in that organization would disagree that this is oddly probably the best result for this team as it's currently constructed. Take the time off, get healthy, and come back firing next season.

agreed - was not looking forwards to a week of having people try and convince me a ty huntley led ravens (or a lamar coming off no practice for 5 weeks) had even a modicum of a chance against the chiefs lol

obviously sucks that we're not in the dance but with the way this team is (and with bowser potentially down long-term too now) the 14th-16th pick and a 4th place schedule seems more valuable than an extra game

Simba

Staff Member
Harbs is so deflated in his presser. Haven’t seen him like that in a while

You could see this season wearing on him for the last month or two. He's looked defeated and it's hard to blame him. So many opportunities but no results, and it's hard to blame him with what we were trotting out there. I think he knows the reality but it doesn't make it any easier to bare.

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
agreed - was not looking forwards to a week of having people try and convince me a ty huntley led ravens (or a lamar coming off no practice for 5 weeks) had even a modicum of a chance against the chiefs lol

obviously sucks that we're not in the dance but with the way this team is (and with bowser potentially down long-term too now) the 14th-16th pick and a 4th place schedule seems more valuable than an extra game
True but this isn’t madden, we can’t just simulate to next season we have to wait 8 months

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
The loss of Dobbins, Edwards and Stanley doomed this team from the start, and all happened in a matter of weeks. Lamar could not save the team. Those were the 3 key losses they would never recover from

Reactions: cdp

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
You could see this season wearing on him for the last month or two. He's looked defeated and it's hard to blame him. So many opportunities but no results, and it's hard to blame him with what we were trotting out there. I think he knows the reality but it doesn't make it any easier to bare.
Having no real hope but having to put up a strong front is draining

rossihunter2

Staff Member

he's done amazingly well to keep this team focussed and competitive but you could tell once lamar and humphrey went down that he didnt quite have as much conviction behind the whole "next man up" stuff

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
This team never quit all season despite everything going against them. Let's get healthy, nail the draft and free agency, and go into next season ready for a revenge tour.

Simba

Staff Member
he's done amazingly well to keep this team focussed and competitive but you could tell once lamar and humphrey went down that he didnt quite have as much conviction behind the whole "next man up" stuff

He knew the reality of the situation and it was very apparent in his body language even though it wasn't in his words.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So in the second round does our pick get even higher (I believe they snake order same record teams?)

not sure - i never understand it - sometimes it does and sometimes it doesnt...

right now though it seems to me that we're slated for 3 picks in the top 80, 6 picks in the top 125 (ish) and 9 picks in the top 150 (ish) - not sure where those comp picks will finally come out and put those late 3rd and early 4th picks at the end of the day

either way this draft is gonna give us a ton of opportunities to find guys

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well, I was at the Bengals Steelers 2015 infamous playoff game , looks like I’ll go to the bengals vs ? this year , since the Ravens are a joke this year

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
worst thing about today is Tyus Bowser having a major injury, which looks like it could be an achilles.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
There’s a difference between the next man up and the next next next next next man up like we had in our secondary and backfield