• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2022 Offseason Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Huge offseason with lots of opportunities to improve the team. Injured players returning will be a big part of the narrative of this offseason and something to keep a track of.

Assuming a 2022 salary cap of $208,200,000, the Ravens are looking at ~20m in cap space with some opportunities to make some more room.

Lamar's likely getting paid this offseason which means the biggest questions are likely going to come down to what's Bozeman's future (and how much it costs) and what the Ravens are going to do with Marcus Peters, Tavon Young and Anthony Averett at corner.

The results of today mean that the Ravens picks in the first 3 rounds are now solidified in place.
R1: 14th
R2: 45th
R3: 76th

As of now we're guaranteed an 3rd round compensatory pick for David Culley as well as currently possessing 3 4th round picks with a significant likelihood of adding 2 more compensatory picks for Judon and Ngakoue (likely slated for the end of R4 but Judon's has a chance of being in R3)

Right now the ravens are expecting to have 10 picks:
1st
2nd
3rd,3rd
4th, 4th, 4th, 4th, 4th
6th

Key Offseason Dates:
February 2nd-5th: Senior Bowl Week
March 1st-7th: NFL Combine
March 14th-16th: Free-agent Legal Tampering Period
March 16th: Free agency officially begins
April 28th-30th: 2022 NFL Draft

Big immediate questions will be about any potential coaching changes. Answers will likely come soon one way or another.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
That’s a lot of 4th round picks. You sure Truth isn’t involved here?

Anyway, we just need an impact player on defense at S, CB, Edge, DL—literally every position on defense except maybe LB and that could be argued too. I think we’re a lot better off on offense despite the results. We just need a starter on OL. I don’t think Bozeman will be back. I’m just wondering what happens with Stanley now.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Anyway, we just need an impact player on defense at S, CB, Edge, DL—literally every position on defense except maybe LB and that could be argued too. I think we’re a lot better off on offense despite the results. We just need a starter on OL. I don’t think Bozeman will be back. I’m just wondering what happens with Stanley now.
LMAO. I think @Truth absolutely is involved. Agree on needs.

I miss the forum mock. It would be great if we could get it off the ground again, even if we had to change it up a bit.

Simba

Staff Member
Impending free agents broken down by category...

Youngish guys who are in line for their first crack at free agency:
Anthony Averett
Bradley Bozeman
DeShon Elliott
Patrick Ricard

Older dudes who were on more expensive contracts:
Calais Campbell
Justin Houston
Jimmy Smith
Sammy Watkins
Brandon Williams

Cheapy if you wanna keepy:
Chris Board
Josh Bynes
Justin Ellis
LJ Fort
Devonta Freeman
Tony Jefferson
Josh Johnson
Anthony Levine
Pernell McPhee
Latavius Murray
Kevon Seymour
David Sharpe
Eric Tomlinson

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Anthony Averett
Bradley Bozeman
DeShon Elliott
Patrick Ricard

Calais Campbell
Justin Houston
Jimmy Smith
Sammy Watkins
Brandon Williams

Chris Board
Josh Bynes
Justin Ellis
LJ Fort
Devonta Freeman
Tony Jefferson
Josh Johnson
Anthony Levine
Pernell McPhee
Latavius Murray
Kevon Seymour
David Sharpe
Eric Tomlinson

and with the mekari extension the only RFAs we have are Westry and Alaka which seems pretty simple - westry likely gets the lowest tender and alaka's likely gone

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

Anthony Averett
Bradley Bozeman
DeShon Elliott
Patrick Ricard

Calais Campbell
Justin Houston
Jimmy Smith
Sammy Watkins
Brandon Williams

Chris Board
Josh Bynes
Justin Ellis
LJ Fort
Devonta Freeman
Tony Jefferson
Josh Johnson
Anthony Levine
Pernell McPhee
Latavius Murray
Kevon Seymour
David Sharpe
Eric Tomlinson
I think Ricard would be a priority and Averett would probably come a little cheaper since he’s coming off an injury but who knows. I think the same with Elliott. I think Bozeman is gone though, but Houston and maybe Campbell could come back. We need to get younger though on the DL.

Simba

Staff Member
I think Ricard would be a priority and Averett would probably come a little cheaper since he’s coming off an injury but who knows. I think the same with Elliott. I think Bozeman is gone though, but Houston and maybe Campbell could come back. We need to get younger though on the DL.

I think you keep an eye on the market for all of the top 4 but none are absolutely necessary by any means. Ricard maybe but that's a FB so I'm not overly concerned. Averett is probably dependent on Peters. Bozeman and Elliott are up to the market.

In the older guys tier, I'd maintain contact with Calais and Houston and the rest can go.

And then in the cheap ones... it doesn't really matter. All are likely minimum contract guys so I'd expect to retain some but I also think they realize they need to get younger so some mainstays like Levine and McPhee could have played their last games here. Board, Bynes, Ellis, Jefferson, Johnson, Seymour, Sharpe, and Tomlinson would be my guys that I'd be open to retaining but I'm not heartbroken if any walk.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think this depends on if we keep Roman or an inhouse OC, ie Urban.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Shit LB too

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Shit LB too
Only reason I hesitate there is I feel like DL and S would be better spent and higher likelihood. With that said, I wouldn’t be opposed to LB. I just feel like LB will only be as good as the DL and I think we need big help there

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Only reason I hesitate there is I feel like DL and S would be better spent and higher likelihood. With that said, I wouldn’t be opposed to LB. I just feel like LB will only be as good as the DL and I think we need big help there

i think easier to just say that anyone of quality we add to the defence at any position is a good move this offseason - there's no position we're truly satisfied on defence right now

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
i think easier to just say that anyone of quality we add to the defence at any position is a good move this offseason - there's no position we're truly satisfied on defence right now
Yeah for sure, but I would lean S and Edge or DL. I just think it pays a larger dividend. I don’t think Clark is good enough by himself—he is serviceable and good but I think if you can upgrade across from him then by all means. Edge we haven’t found a guy yet and maybe Oweh is that guy and maybe not. DL is old as crap. Really any position is good though—our defense is bad

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah for sure, but I would lean S and Edge or DL. I just think it pays a larger dividend. I don’t think Clark is good enough by himself—he is serviceable and good but I think if you can upgrade across from him then by all means. Edge we haven’t found a guy yet and maybe Oweh is that guy and maybe not. DL is old as crap. Really any position is good though—our defense is bad

i mean sure but also stephens came on strong after taking over for elliott and he and chuck are fine back there

no idea what we do at corner with the vets but could make a good argument for adding another high quality corner to the room over a safety

and it doesnt really matter if oweh is the guy or not because you need at least 2 EDGEs anyway and we've only got 2 and 1 of them is bowser who's a versatile player more than a true edge and is also now going to be returning from a torn achilles

just looking for quality guys everywhere - would love to add a playmaker at safety but also DL, EDGE, CB and even LB - just need to add talent and playmakers to the defence whatever that looks like

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
My biggest concern is the future of Ronnie Stanley and behind him Marcus Peters..
Marcus Peters will be extended and I believe Stanley will be back and still be good, but maybe not as good as 2019 and 20 to start the season, but that's ok, it can't get worse than AV. I mean Stanley could fall down when the ball is snapped and still do a better job blocking.

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
Marcus Peters will be extended and I believe Stanley will be back and still be good, but maybe not as good as 2019 and 20 to start the season, but that's ok, it can't get worse than AV. I mean Stanley could fall down when the ball is snapped and still do a better job blocking.
Do you think they would even keep AV?

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why are the Browns in front of us for draft order, is the tie breaking procedure different than division tie breakers I assume?