• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Post Senior Bowl Mock

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
With the Senior Bowl done I figured it was time to try another one of these.

1: Browns - Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming
2: Giants - Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
3: Colts - Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama
4: Browns - Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn St.
5: Broncos - Sam Darnold, QB, USC
6: Jets - Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma St.
7: Bucs - Bradley Chubb, DE, NC St.
8: Bears - Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
9: 49ers - Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame
10: Raiders - Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
11: Dolphins - Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
12: Bengals - Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma
13: Redskins - Derwin James, S, Florida St
14: Packers - Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
15: Cardinals - Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville

16: Connor Williams, OT, Texas
%202016-11-12_Texas_vs_West_Virginia_Joshua.Guerra13072.jpg

Thanks to the huge need at QB for many teams, a guy that's arguably a top ten talent slides to the Ravens. Williams' athletic ability combined with the Ravens being really good lately at coaching up lineman is just a perfect match. He could step in and immediately become one of the top pass blocking RTs in the league, and have far more upside as a run blocker than what we had last season. If both of them play up to their potential, the Ravens could possibly have the best tackle combo in the NFL. Or at least be in the top five. The play for Flacco, Collins, and Dixon instantly improves by bringing in Williams.

Round 2: Auden Tate, WR, Florida St.
6_7660149.jpg

I fully believe that Tate is simply the perfect match for Flacco as a perimeter WR. Great body control, very big strong hands, and he knows how to use his size to really go after jump balls. He'll also occasionally make great receptions out of passes that shouldn't have been caught. More than that, he'll bring that fiery attitude we've been missing from our WRs since SSS left.

The only downside I have on Tate is that his top end speed isn't that great. Don't get me wrong, he's certainly not slow. He's just not going to blow minds at the combine like some other guys in the draft might.

Round 3: B.J. Hill, DT, NC State
BJ-Hill-tackle-vs-EKU.jpg

Hill was a monster in the senior bowl practices. For a guy with his size and his strength, he's incredibly quick off the line. Plus he plays low and has great hand movements. He can be an instant starter for us at 3-4 DE, with the ability to play in passing and running situations. Also, on obvious passing downs, he can kick inside to be a penetrating NT. I'd love to see a third and long with it being Henry - Hill - Wormley on the line with Williams or Suggs rushing off the edge.

Round 3 (comp): Ian Thomas, TE, Indiana

Rutgers_Indiana_Football_95310-673x485.jpg

Flacco loves having a security blanket player, and Ian Thomas can definitely become that. He's built like a tank, and yet still has good short area quickness, surprising high end speed, and very soft hands. He has the potential to be a more athletic and stronger version of Pitta.

Round 4: Steve Ishmael, WR, Syracuse
110515_S_a1fb_BryanCereijo_SP.jpg

Speaking of security blankets, here's Steve Ishmael. He's basically like a poor man's Alshon Jeffery. Not great top end speed, solid short area quickness, but his main strengths are his strong hands and how aggressive he is when going after the ball. As a WR2 or 3, he'll become the Mr. Reliable of the offense, constantly converting third downs.

Round 5: D'Montre Wade, CB, Murray State
fb17_wade_1215.jpg

A well built, rangy CB that seems to have a nose for the ball. Coming from Murray State, he obviously didn't have the best competition while he was hauling in six ints in a season. That said, he at least dominate at his level. His first real taste of top competition in the senior bowl as a mixed bag, but he showed potential. With some good coaching or learning from a veteran, he could become a solid backup to Jimmy and Humphrey.

Also he brings in good special teams play, and can become our primary punt returner.

Round 6: Frank Ginda, ILB, San Jose State
5a19034a49886.image.jpg

Had incredible stats for his level of competition, and seems to have really good instincts. He can start off as a good special teams player with some potential to become another in a long list of late round LBs that turned out pretty good for the Ravens.

Round 7: Nick Wilson, RB, Arizona

636458486854978522-Nick-Wilson.jpg

A solid RB who has been battling injury issues. Could turn out to be much better than his late round grade.

Last edited:

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
As always, nice approach to the draft. Pretty nice value at each selection. I do prefer Justin Jones over BJ Hill, he looks like the better disruptor.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
As always, nice approach to the draft. Pretty nice value at each selection. I do prefer Justin Jones over BJ Hill, he looks like the better disruptor.
I like Jones a bit more too, but I think he'll go in the late 2nd or early 3rd. I can see Hill still being there.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Crap, knew I forgot someone.

We have a rt about to retire, a right guard that's old and dealing with a lot if past injuries, and no real starter at LG. Why wouldn't we take an OL in the first?
Yeah, redo is in order for that.

Btw, I think we need a guard as well, but nice job even though you forgot Darnold

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I like Jones a bit more too, but I think he'll go in the late 2nd or early 3rd. I can see Hill still being there.
I see, makes some sense then. I still think we should pursue a penetrator more than a pusher if/when we go DL. There are plenty of those in this class, Andrew Brown is another name who could be there.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Top end speed is extremely overrated for WRs imo. Its great to have that one guy that can take the top off the defense, but other than that, it’s not needed. I’d rather have someone who is quicker than they are fast, can run great routes, has great hands, and/or can bully people like Boldin.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Top end speed is extremely overrated for WRs imo. Its great to have that one guy that can take the top off the defense, but other than that, it’s not needed. I’d rather have someone who is quicker than they are fast, can run great routes, has great hands, and/or can bully people like Boldin.
Yeah, it never hurt Jerry Rice

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah, it never hurt Jerry Rice
Yep. Straight line speed really isn’t a big deal. There are so many other intangibles that are more important. 40 times are fun but they are overrated, rarely does a WR need to run fast in a straight line for 40 yards.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Crap, knew I forgot someone.

We have a rt about to retire, a right guard that's old and dealing with a lot if past injuries, and no real starter at LG. Why wouldn't we take an OL in the first?
We have 12 linemen on contract and definitely need to see some of them before going high in the draft for RT.
Howard is 30, hardly retirement age for offensive tackle (unless he announced something I'm not aware of).
We need pass catchers.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah, redo is in order for that.

Btw, I think we need a guard as well, but nice job even though you forgot Darnold
Yeah, I made a little adjustment for that. I agree that we really need a guard, but that might be easier to get in free agency.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i like tate but i dont really see him as a second rounder, lots of guys who should be available there that id take over him.

and conor williams at 16? if it happens, im looking for a new goddamn team. especially if we take him over roquan smith, Rahsaan Evans, hell even josh Jackson, I'll be livid. Sorry man, not a fan of this mock, I don't see williams as a top 16 talent

Tank

Hall of Famer
We have 12 linemen on contract and definitely need to see some of them before going high in the draft for RT.
Howard is 30, hardly retirement age for offensive tackle (unless he announced something I'm not aware of).
We need pass catchers.
Ridley/Washington and Andrews please. I wish.

Last edited:

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I appreciate the fact that your mocks are well researched and tend toward the not so obvious choices.

I Like Connor Williams more than most seem to.
There is something about him that gives me pause.....I can't quite put my finger on it but he's the best left tackle prospect in this class.

Tate is my favorite big receiver so far but I don't know about round two.

Ginda seems to have crazy off the charts instincts in the tape I've been able to watch.