• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was the one that commented on it, not Truth and it wasn't due to him outbidding you. Lets be honest. Lets forget about this and try and understand the reasoning.

Again, not one comment was made about me making bids on him until I outbid Truth. I had bids going for a solid 24 hours straight and was even told by you that I could do so in our messages. And my reply was directly in response to Truths comment there

Also, I’m pretty sure no one else gives a half of a shit about this considering it’s draft weekend lmao

Simba

Staff Member
Strong start with the Cardinals for me. Turned my late 2nd into a 1st with Quay Walker and then Zion Johnson went a little ahead of where I picked him.

Got Jordan Davis for the Browns at 13… right where he was selected tonight.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Bit of a whiff in terms of where Karlaftis got drafted, but Cole Strange at the end of the 3rd offsets that by quite a bit lol.

Simba

Staff Member
Had another decent day. All of the day 2 picks I made ended up going today. Namely, I pretty much nailed the value Martin Emerson (and to the Browns in real life) and Myjai Sanders.

Had the following go earlier than where I picked them:
2nd - Cam Jurgens (4th)
3rd - Joshua Ezeudu (4th)
3rd - Jelani Woods (4th)
3rd - Danny Gray (6th)

Looking forward to seeing how this plays out tomorrow so I can post my full classes

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Had another decent day. All of the day 2 picks I made ended up going today. Namely, I pretty much nailed the value Martin Emerson (and to the Browns in real life) and Myjai Sanders.

Had the following go earlier than where I picked them:
2nd - Cam Jurgens (4th)
3rd - Joshua Ezeudu (4th)
3rd - Jelani Woods (4th)
3rd - Danny Gray (6th)

Looking forward to seeing how this plays out tomorrow so I can post my full classes

im not doing quite as well as you...
but i did have 2 RBs in the 6th round go in the 3rd

My draft is not doing too bad. I picked Lloyd and Harris a few picks before they actually went and Bryan Cook went in the 2nd when I got him in the 4th.
So all in all, solid haul

Simba

Staff Member
This draft/UDFA went pretty damn well for me.

Cardinals - 6 of my UDFAs drafted, but 3 7th round picks went undrafted
1Zion Johnson (1)
1Quay Walker (1)
2Breece Hall (2)
3Jelani Woods (4)
3Danny Gray (6)
4Damarri Mathis (6)
4Joshua Williams (4)
4Damarion Williams (U)
5Micah McFadden (U)
5Ty Chandler (U)
6Kyron Johnson (7)
6Jordan Jackson (U)
7Tariq Carpenter (U)
7Dawson Deaton (U)
UDavid Anenih (7)
UJuanyeh Thomas (7)
UKevin Austin Jr. (7)

Browns - 5 of my UDFAs got drafted, 3 6th round picks and 1 7th round pick went undrafted
1Jordan Davis (1)
2Cam Jurgens (4)
2George Pickens (2)
3Martin Emerson (3)
3Myjai Sanders (3)
4Jalyn Armour-Davis (5)
4Isaiah Spiller (4)
4Jake Camarda (U)
4Bailey Zappe (7)
5Delarrin Turner-Yell (U)
5DaRon Bland (U)
6Andrew Ogletree (U)
6Devin Harper (U)
UChristopher Allen (6)
UIsaiah Weston (6)
UMike Rose (6)
UAaron Hansford (7)

Commanders - 10 of my UDFAs got drafted. Turned my lowly 4 picks into a 14 player draft class
3Joshua Ezeudu (4)
4Percy Butler (6)
4Hassan Haskins (U)
5Matt Waletzko (U)
5Tycen Anderson (5)
5James Mitchell (7)
6Zach Thomas (U)
6Gregory Junior (U)
6Austin Deculus (U)
6John FitzPatrick (U)
6Curtis Brooks (U)
7Chase Lucas (U)
7Chris Oladokun (U)
7Kalon Barnes (U)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The Green Bay Packers had to fix their cap situation so I was forced into trading a load of really good players to get under the cap while accumulating draft picks.

I was very close with some and way off on others. Thanks to a trade with @rossihunter2 I was able to draft Isaiah Thomas at the same position he went to in the actual draft.

PlayerDrafted RoundNFL Draft
Charles Cross1.111.09
Treylon Burks1.281.18
Jahan Dotson2.101.16
Leo Chanel2.253.39
Chad Muma2.273.06
Drake Jackson2.282.29
Darian Kinnard2.315.02
Jalen Wydermyer3.38UDFA
Nicholas Petit-Frere4.163.05
Luke Goedeke4.272.25
Jake Ferguson4.354.24
Verone McKinley5.15UDFA
Isaiah Thomas7.027.02
Snoop Conner7.375.11
Jalen NailorUDFA6.12

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Let’s call it the Rule of Sizzle…. Or just The Sizzle

Also to be perfectly clear, literally no one else here had any problem whatsoever of me bidding on him. The problem quickly arose when I outbid you on him

Yeah, no. First of all, I seconded the notion. Second, I brought it up behind the scenes before the final free agency even begun. Ask about it. I said I'd bet my last dollar that you released him just to get him on the Bengals after your defense was criticized. In a move that was universally a negative for the other team you were meant to be objectively improving. Surprise, surprise. Of course no comments were made. We never penned this bush league tactic into the rule book. We expected people to, you know, actually adhere to the spirit of the game. Apparently it asked too much of you. Now we'll have to put it in writing. Thank the Lord we didn't allow trading picks to our own teams. And my bid was never going to win. I had half of your available cap space. I did it solely to put in some semblance of effort into preventing the tactic from happening. You can ask about that too. You want to skirt the rules, my guy, go for it. By all means. But don't then come back here and openly justify it like the move that was done for the benefit of Minnesota. When you shit in peoples' cereal, you get to either feel bad or laugh about it. You don't get to them you thought it was chocolate. And I'll call that nonsense out every time.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
So many people are going to get screwed over by the fact that a person with two teams can trade with each other. Dumbest idea I’ve seen so far