• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The SuperBowl: Ours and Theirs

RayRayRaven

Veteran
It seems my recent history of rooting against the vile and unethical Patriots is rife with disappointment. Recently, thought the Jaguars had them and last year was certain the Falcons had them.

This past Sunday, I decided watching the Cheaters games was only going to result in a hard fought close win for them that would break my heart and fill me with the sense that Cheaters prosper in the NFL. In that regard, I instead opted to watch a replay of our last Championship during the time the current game was going on. I never peeped at the Cheater's game and that is an actual fact. Decided I would Record that game and then check the score at 10pm CST and only watch if it was a good result. Needless to say, my absence from contemporaneous view resulted in a well deserved Eagles victory, even if Cheat Br*dy had a remarkable game. When you contemplate how much unethical effort went into his ball deflating conspiracy, its apparent he was cheating for cheating's sake and didn't need that edge.

Had a strong opinion the Eagles would win, but didn't want to jinx it.

Which brings me to our game. What was abundantly clear is how much better Joe Flacco was as a quarterback in 2012/2013 than he is now. There is just no comparison whatsoever. He was zinging long throws all over the field and playing with a level of confidence he has never demonstrated since. Of course he was surrounded by a team of extremely good and underrated performers. That team was indeed stacked and it was disbanded immediately after that season.

If you haven't seen it in a while, I encourage you to watch it again and compare what we have now to what we had then.

Those were the days!

stampedehero

Practice Squad
I went to a party at a house where they had a finished basement, bar and idiot Dolphin fans. I knew these guys from a prior game . They actually hated the Eagles more than the Pats. Their reasons were pinned to the fan base and to black people in Philly. They were complaining about all this and the town burning down. The prejudice and resentment pissed me off. I can' keep quiet. I told them it's a football game with players and that's all it is. How can they side with the Patriots who own them. I stood my ground based on the Pats in our way to the SB games and the insane "luck" they have. I was yelling cheers for the Eagles due to the fact Corey Graham, Tim Jerrigan and Torrey Smith are playing. Lawrence Guy on the Pats did nothing for me. It got heated but turned OK. Some Dolphin fans are strange..........

RayRayRaven

Veteran
TLDR: I'll help you out though.

Fuck me, I find myself posting this in literally most of your threads

Good song, apropos

"I used to feel your fire, but now it's cold inside.
And you're back on russell street like you didn't miss a beat, yeah.

Tell me what it takes to let you go.
Tell me how the pain's supposed to go.
And tell me how it is that you can sleep in the night without thinkin'
Without thinkin' you lost ev'rything that was good in your life to the toss of the dice?
Tell me what it takes to let you go. Yeah."

RayRayRaven

Veteran
I went to a party at a house where they had a finished basement, bar and idiot Dolphin fans. I knew these guys from a prior game . They actually hated the Eagles more than the Pats. Their reasons were pinned to the fan base and to black people in Philly. They were complaining about all this and the town burning down. The prejudice and resentment pissed me off. I can' keep quiet. I told them it's a football game with players and that's all it is. How can they side with the Patriots who own them. I stood my ground based on the Pats in our way to the SB games and the insane "luck" they have. I was yelling cheers for the Eagles due to the fact Corey Graham, Tim Jerrigan and Torrey Smith are playing. Lawrence Guy on the Pats did nothing for me. It got heated but turned OK. Some Dolphin fans are strange..........

yeah the ex ravens had me rooting for em too

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
There are some patriot fanatics in my company. However realistic patriots fans. These 2 were grilled all season long by delusional hardcore homers in the New England area. All for pointing out Belichicks boneheaded arrogance. And saying it was gonna catch up at some point. Last yrs super bowl was a great performance by Brady. Historically great!! However there was serious luck involved. Even the most hardcore homeristic patriot fans have to acknowledge it. So the drag to that comeback was what were the pats doing down by 3 touchdowns in first place?? How did the jags conservative offense score at will til it got way to conservative??

It was their arrogant boneheaded coach thinking his schemes could compensate for the departure of his 2 best defensive players. He traded a top 5 edge rusher and one of the best and most explosive athletic linebackers in the league. And he traded them like average expendable players. He burned through countless draft picks trying to replace the defensive stars that won 3 Super Bowls for him from 2001-2004. Twice the busts than ravens recent drafts!! There was a decade drought between super bowls cuz he couldn’t replace his retired oline and defensive stars from 2001-2004. Finally after a lecture/thrashing from Michael Lombardi about his draft strategy, he finally drafts Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins. And Donte Hightower although he isn’t quite on the same level as those monsters. But Bill liked him better from a submissive choir boy standpoint. Whereas Chandler and Collins were type A alpha characters.

And Anyways What moron thinks u can replace all pro caliber players with undrafted average players?? And nievely thinks he wouldn’t miss them!! And it wasn’t a salary cap thing. Patriots were nearly $70mil under the cap!! When nievely Bill traded his playmakers and thought his schemes could compensate!! That mans arrogance has definitely crossed over into delusional moronic incompetence. Yeah he got lucky and got away with it last super bowl and a couple games this yr. But any realistic fans with common sense knew it was gonna bite him and cost a big game eventually. Trading away all his defensive playmakers. And didn’t do anything with the draft picks. Then to top it all off he benches arguably the best cornerback on the team!! To prove a point. That same player that won him a Super Bowl 3 yrs ago!! Benched him to prove his points. One being he is a free agent and wanted to show how expendable he was.

For first time Belichick is taking heat from home fans and It is sooooo sweeeet. Cuz of his arrogance slash boneheaded delusional incompetence and benching Butler. Now it sparked Trading Collins and Chandler Jones is coming back to haunt him as well by some media and most fans. Of course there are the delusional loyalist homers that are blaming the officials for loss by blowing calls including pick play and the bobbled catch called complete. But a lot of the fan base knows it can’t blame the refs!! It was their defense that couldn’t make a play and get Foles off the field. FOLES!! Couldn’t get pressure nor cover. Linebackers were slow. The eagles coach Pederson went for those down4 calls cuz he was playing the odds. He saw their defense sucked, couldn’t get pressure, couldnt stop them, couldn’t cover and went for it!! Any coach with common sense woulda went for it!! Any realistic fan knew Brady wasn’t gonna be flawless every time. Even if he was flawless it only took a mistake from the oline to allow a sack fumble. So he is asking his complete offense to be flawless to compensate for his defense that he single handedly destroyed.

Bill was arrogant b4 and after the championship game when asked about Butler. Now he knows he is under fire by most fans and media for it and trying to explain himself like it was his only decision.The great football genius is under fire by most of his fans and media and it is so totally cool!! lol. Not to mention there is a lot of controversy within the team for benching Butler. Even Donta Hightower his loyal Saban protege was pissed. And showed it on social media. Only Belichick could bench a player that won him a Super Bowl. He is a great schemer!! Have to give him that. But he needs playmakers. His decade championship drought proves that much.

BTW I would like to sign Malcolm Butler. I like smaller cornerbacks that play big. He is stout and can tackle very well and could play free safety if needed. That dude can jump routes and out position receivers with the best of them!! He could help beat them in next yrs afc championship game.

Last edited:

stampedehero

Practice Squad
You have to be at a SB party where the Dolphin fans disliked the Eagles. It is contrary to human intelligence. They actually got mad at me for favoring the Eagles. I explained Torrey, Corey and Timmie are on that team. Their hatred superseded what I wanted.