• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Announcement Site Upgrade & Temporary Downtime

supertolerator

Staff Member
Administrator
Hi all, long time no see.

As a full-time student, it is often hard to find enough time to dedicate to improving the usability and experience of the PurpleFlock Forums for our members. For my lack of involvement in the community, I do apologize. On a lighter note, I arrive from my hiatus bearing good news.

XenForo, the forum software that PurpleFlock utilizes (We are still running on some iteration of Version 1), has had Version 2 released for some time now. I've put off upgrading for a while due to my limited free time, but time moves forward and we must follow.

This upgrade will bring a slew of improvements, ranging from UX, design, functionality, and security. To allow for the smooth upgrade from the current outdated version to the latest version of this software, the site will be put into maintenance tonight (11pm PT/2am ET) and will most likely be re-opened by (2am PT/5am ET). PurpleFlock will be using a temporary/basic theme for a few days after the upgrade while I finalize a proper and unique look for the site.

With this upgrade comes a new look, new feel, and new opportunity for change. If anyone has suggestions for feature additions/fixes or anything else, please leave them below!

From @purplepittabread88 and I—Thank you to our moderation team for all of your aid in making our community welcoming for all members, and thank you to all of our members for your continued support and activity on PurpleFlock.

Last edited:

supertolerator

Staff Member
Administrator
Well, this is quite nice!
Over the next few days; finer details will be ironed out, a more "official" site design will take over this temporary/basic style, and eventually I'll post a more formal update announcement going over new features and changes.

Again, any suggestions for new feature additions/fixes can be left on this thread or in the Suggestions/Feedback forum section (the same goes for any bugs/issues found with this updated software).

Thank you all for your patience during the downtime!

supertolerator

Staff Member
Administrator
Is the “dark” theme no longer available? I don’t see the option anymore although I may have missed it
This light theme is currently the only one available (temporarily). I am working on a new set of Light/Dark themes that will be ready shortly.
am i safe to assume that the inability to embed tweets and other media like that is temporary?

also when we can embed again, will we still be able to see media that's been embedded previously or is that all lost forever now?
Yes, just temporary. The add-on that allowed for the embedding of tweets that was being utilized is incompatible with the new version of the forum software. Will be re-introducing an updated version of that add-on shortly as well.